Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Transfer from RBC Avion to BA to asia miles?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2006, 1:16 am
Original Poster

I currently have 70000 RBC avion miles and am looking to fly from YVR to HKG (2 week stopover) and continue on to MEL.

I want to take advantage of the RBC rewards transfer that takes place from Nov 13 to Dec 29th, where Avion points can be transfer to BA miles at 1.5x, but can they be transferred again from BA miles to asia miles? I believe I need 110,000 miles to do the trip I am planning above.

Thanks for your help
Old Oct 24, 2006, 2:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Unfortunately you can't transfer BA miles to Asiamiles.

However you can redeem CX flights on BA miles. Though probably not for 110K miles. You could maybe redeem for an Oneworld award circling .. YVR to MEL to HKG to YVR?

I'm not familiar with BA miles award levels, so perhaps you can ask this at the BA forum?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.