Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

AA Boarding Passes issued by CX (on CX stock)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2006, 2:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Non-status paid F/J (best value for $$$)
Question AA Boarding Passes issued by CX (on CX stock)

Anyone here ever had CX print for them a boarding pass for an AA flight that they are connecting to?

If so, does when CX prints the AA boarding pass on their stock, does the "SSSS", or "CLR" messages print? Does CX use a generic stock (like those from the self service check-in machines at HKG/TPE) to print AA boarding passes, or their actual stock that has green for Y, blue for J, and red for F?

Anyone have any pics of such boarding passes they can share?
Old Jun 27, 2006, 7:47 pm

CX issues boarding pass for onward AA connections. No, they dont have any remarks such as SSSS. Just make sure that you dont get a boarding pass reissued by AA at the lounge or after the security check because if randomly the AA computer selects you to have SSSS and you dont have the stamp and signature that you have done so, they will ask you to do security check again. This happened to me once at the IFL in LAX when I wanted to change seats and at the boarding gate, I was asked to get secondary inspection back at the line and also explain how I got pass through.
Old Jun 27, 2006, 8:35 pm

Programs: SQ TPP, LH Senator, TG Gold, AA Platinum
Cathay issued my last AA boarding pass on their actual red stock. AA feeds the boarding pass into the reader as their own and return the entire boarding pass back to you.

Last edited by yvrguy; Jun 27, 2006 at 8:41 pm
Old Jul 3, 2006, 8:40 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold, AA Gold, DL FO, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold
I had CX do this for me in HKG for onward flight on AA.

They had made an error on seat assignment that AA happily corrected
Old Sep 10, 2006, 5:48 am

Programs: CX DM

Originally Posted by yvrguy
Cathay issued my last AA boarding pass on their actual red stock. AA feeds the boarding pass into the reader as their own and return the entire boarding pass back to you.
How about I fly HKG-LAX on F and LAX-SJC on Y, is CX issue 2 red bp for me or 1 red and 1 green?
Old Sep 10, 2006, 6:08 am

Programs: SQ Krisflyer Gold / Hilton Hhonour Diamond / Starwood SPG Gold / CX Former Gold, now Green
What does "SSSS" and "CLR" mean??
Old Sep 10, 2006, 6:32 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Tuen
How about I fly HKG-LAX on F and LAX-SJC on Y, is CX issue 2 red bp for me or 1 red and 1 green?
You will get 1 Red and 1 Green. CX is pretty strict on this.

I thought on the CX checkin machines, they also have different colours loaded.
Old Sep 10, 2006, 6:34 am

Originally Posted by daniellam
Anyone here ever had CX print for them a boarding pass for an AA flight that they are connecting to?

If so, does when CX prints the AA boarding pass on their stock, does the "SSSS", or "CLR" messages print? Does CX use a generic stock (like those from the self service check-in machines at HKG/TPE) to print AA boarding passes, or their actual stock that has green for Y, blue for J, and red for F?

Anyone have any pics of such boarding passes they can share?
On Sept. 6th CX did not and would not ( for security reasons ? ) issue onward connecting AA BP's from KIX. In the past they have and they have issued them with scrwed up seat assignments that have caused AA problems in NRT.
Old Sep 10, 2006, 7:02 am

Originally Posted by CX100Silver
What does "SSSS" and "CLR" mean??
On US airlines, some boarding passes will get a "SSSS" in big letters across the top of the boarding passes. This is a random selection by the airlines' computers but is generally aimed at travellers who booked less than a week before they are to travel, and generally if they do not have a FFP.

These individuals will be selected for more thorough searches at security check-points. This includes removal of shoes, socks, belts. Closer scrutiny of your hand baggage, and just questions relating to your travel.
Old Sep 10, 2006, 8:23 am

Programs: AAdvatage Executive Platinum / Cathay Pacific Marco Polo Club - Green
I've been selected 3 times in row at Denver Airport for SSSS. Never anywhere else. I am a silver Marco Polo member. I really don't think it is that random, they just tell you it is.
Old Sep 15, 2006, 9:47 pm

Originally Posted by Tuen
And how about when I take CX HKG-LAX in F and AA LAX-SJC in Y at same day, may I access LA' Flagship Lounge (or Admirals Club)? and may I accompanied one guest when he travelling same flight but all sector in Y (CX Y & AA Y)?

PS. I haven't any tier status in oneworld

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.