Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amenity Kits

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2004, 12:37 pm

re Pickles, christep:

One shpritz of Evian next time you're 2 hrs into a 14-hr flight will have you Big, Strong Men whistling a different tune.

(ok. i admit i was skeptical too until the erstwhile Mme Wideman clued me in.)
Old Aug 26, 2004, 1:21 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA EXP, Lifetime PLT, Silver EK Skywards
Cool How about Y?

Does CX give anything in Y for their long-haul flights? I don't expect much but a toothbrush + eye shade would be nice.

Trying to figure out what to bring onboard next Monday (LAX-HKG).
Old Aug 26, 2004, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by christep
I have to say that I am with Pickles on this. A splash of water on the face and in extremis a dab of whatever moisturiser comes to hand is all a guy needs. The packs make great gifts though
Perhaps... but I always get comments from CX (and sometimes other airlines that are non-american) flight attendants wanting to know my secrets in staying refreshed... especially after I tell them my last few flights in a few short days. INevitably, most take up my advice on the anti-oxidant capsules, and flower essence travel creams as well as any holistic advice from me.

FYI - just one flight over 6 hours puts your body in the kind of stress that is equivalent to smoking over 20 packs of cigarette (even if you don't smoke).
Old Aug 26, 2004, 7:05 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: CX Gold MPO
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
The Jurlique Travel Mist is hard to find except in Jurlique stores. It contains bergamot, grapefruit and lavender essential oils. These oils are excellent in refreshing not only one's face... but also one's mind. But for jetlag, I highly recommend the Australian Bush Flower essence travel drops and cream. It REALLY helps in combating jetlag. You may find this in various health food stores in Australia, or in USA - at Wholefood stores. If you can't find it, PM me and I'll let you know where you can find these.

What brand is the Aust Bush Flower Essence?

Also is the Jrulique have really strong fragrance?

How do you use both of these products? on your face or the pillow/Swallow it??
Old Aug 27, 2004, 1:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by newcx12345
What brand is the Aust Bush Flower Essence?

Also is the Jrulique have really strong fragrance?

How do you use both of these products? on your face or the pillow/Swallow it??
As you are in Australia, go to any health food shops and ask if they stock the Australian Bush Flower essences. That is the brand. The Travel cream is a cream and you may use on your hands which will absorb the flower essences or you may also put on face. It has a nice scent. The drops are tasteless and you basically take it (7 drops under tongue) periodically throughout flight.

Jurlique has a grapefruit smell to it. You can test it at Jurlique stores throughout Australia.
Old Aug 27, 2004, 3:06 am
Suspended
Original Poster

As you are in Australia, go to any health food shops and ask if they stock the Australian Bush Flower essences. That is the brand. The Travel cream is a cream and you may use on your hands which will absorb the flower essences or you may also put on face. It has a nice scent. The drops are tasteless and you basically take it (7 drops under tongue) periodically throughout flight.

Jurlique has a grapefruit smell to it. You can test it at Jurlique stores throughout Australia.
Thanks GB!
This will help immensely for my up coming DONE4 as I will complete it in less than 21 days (shortest ever for me) also I am taking my partner with me and she has not done anything like this before!

There is a Julique just across the road from my home I will check it out tommorow.

Also what other items will you recommend?
Old Aug 28, 2004, 2:55 am

There is one item I carry with me on all flights: White Flower Oil, an old Hong Kong specialty (available at the drug stores at HKIA). Probably has the same effect as the Australian product Guy Betsy recommends. A whiff of White Flower Oil calms me, I dab it on my temples when I feel a headache coming on, and it's an absolute necessity on a flight with a bloated passenger next to me Apart from that, I need water, a toothbrush and ear plugs. The rest is just too fancy and complicated for me.
Old Aug 28, 2004, 3:03 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mhtaipei
There is one item I carry with me on all flights: White Flower Oil, an old Hong Kong specialty (available at the drug stores at HKIA). Probably has the same effect as the Australian product Guy Betsy recommends. A whiff of White Flower Oil calms me, I dab it on my temples when I feel a headache coming on, and it's an absolute necessity on a flight with a bloated passenger next to me Apart from that, I need water, a toothbrush and ear plugs. The rest is just too fancy and complicated for me.

The White Flower Oil (Bak Fa Yau) is Good, but it reminds me of old people (It does have a distict smell which some people might find offensive.

Also just out of interest, does anyone actually use the taps in the bathroom for anything?

I NEVER use the taps as I've being told the water in the tank contains a lot of shi* that is not fit for human consumption.

I normally
1) use bottle water to brush my teeth.
2) use the evian spray for washing my face and refresh my hair
3) use bottle water to wash my hands or ask for hot towels
Old Aug 28, 2004, 3:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The water from the taps is fine enough for brushing your teeth and washing one's face but it isn't meant for drinking large quantities.
Old Aug 28, 2004, 6:58 am
Suspended
Original Poster

The water from the taps is fine enough for brushing your teeth and washing one's face but it isn't meant for drinking large quantities.

Thats what the airlines make you believe, but I saw a documentary where the test the water from the taps on several AA and UA flights.
From the test results I wouldn't even dare to touch the water from the taps ever again.

But I guess That is only UA and AA and not CX. But better safe than sorry!
Old Aug 29, 2004, 7:31 am
rag

Originally Posted by timchen
Does CX give anything in Y for their long-haul flights? I don't expect much but a toothbrush + eye shade would be nice.

Trying to figure out what to bring onboard next Monday (LAX-HKG).
They do hand out a kit that (also) contains a toothbrush & toothpaste (although the toothpaste tastes terrible) and socks. They give you eyeshades and earplugs on request.
Old Aug 30, 2004, 5:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Actually, though it looks horrendous, I have found the CX First case to be one of the more functional, being compact and having two zippered enclosures for its inside pouches. This allows me to put various items I might have regular need of in the clear plastic side, and store other less used items on the other. The contents themselves tough of high quality, do not reflect the luxury one might expect from CX.

The BAg is the gold standard, both with the case and the contents. But it is not a handy enough size for keeping in my attachι or shoulder bag. I do use them to hold computer cables, AC/DC plug/converter, and the like, as well as my audio recording kit for my miniDVcam.

SQ's kit is a disaster as the BULGARI blue is a horrid scent for men, and the shape of the case -- the vertical cloth one -- is not very functional for story anything in. The horizontal top-opening soft leather women's ones are much superior and contain better products. I have three bottles of that horrid cologne!

Most carriers offer slippers on their Japan routes, sockettes or socks on others. I have SQ and BA slippers, and prefer the BA variety as the SQ seem quite cheap in their vinyl case. CX's go with the PJ set, and I find myself using them around home more than I would in the air beyond the flight I get them on.

Like others, I have packaged my own kit with various "essentials". In the gray Declιor case, clear side, I currently have:

• microlight from WARDAIR Business Class
• Bulgari lip balm [okay, I can bear this stuff] from SQ First kit
• Deserving Thyme rehydrating lotion hand cream from AC ExecFirst kit
• minibottle of Purell
• minibottle of Obsession
• clear minibag of plastic toothpicks

In the other side zippered compartment I have:
• several Refreshment Towels in silver envelopes from LH
• several Oral-B Brush-Ups
• several Pre-Moistened Lens Towlettes
• pill box containing various non-prescription "drugs"
• small toothbrush kit/mini toothpaste
• container holding antihistimines and Imodium bubble packs
• Vick's inhaler [purchased at LHR when suffering very stuffed nose]
• Rembrandt breath drops
• Tooth "sticks" in purple TG pack
• Listermint Fresh Burst Pocket Pack
• small BALLY shoehorn
• Bandaid strips of various sizes and shapes
• various other unmentionables to be "safe" and not sorry
• small pair of scissors for beard trimming [when not used inflight]

That, a bottle of water, and a few granola bars, and I am set for at least the first 24-hours of survival...
Old Aug 31, 2004, 12:59 am

ah! the trappings of modern life. They let you take ALL THAT as carry-on?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.