Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Marriott Preferred Partnership With Cathay

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Preferred Partnership With Cathay

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2024, 12:00 am

Programs: TK Gold
Is it for real closed?
Old Feb 27, 2024, 1:16 am

Programs: CXDM
Originally Posted by midlevels
I'm a CX DM who had no Marriott status. Before reading this thread and going into the status points reset I went ahead and linked the accounts around 24 hours ago.

What happened was that:

1) CX status points did not reset to zero. At least not instantly, or 24 hours later.
2) Marriott status instantly changed to Gold and nights/spend reset to zero.

If the CX status points reset to zero that would have been a disaster. I'll keep a monitor on this but hopefully that doesn't happen.
CX called back and clarified that as per their understanding, my status points (DM) and my wife's status points (GO) will not be reset, and noted that the agent that handled my previous query had the wrong understanding. However, they said that any questions realting to the program should be referred to Marriott, even questions relating to CX tier issues (which I found really odd).
Jono_UKHK likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2024, 1:43 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by tehbing
However, they said that any questions realting to the program should be referred to Marriott, even questions relating to CX tier issues (which I found really odd).
But of course. In case of any collaboration/co-branding, refer sucker to the other party (end processing call).
Old Feb 27, 2024, 5:25 am
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Does anyone have the link? I, ofc, did not receive the email, but would like to sign up. How does Marriott announce a programme that closes registration almost immediately after being announced? Lurkers?

Last edited by uxb; Feb 27, 2024 at 5:31 am
Old Feb 28, 2024, 12:58 am

Originally Posted by tehbing
CX called back and clarified that as per their understanding, my status points (DM) and my wife's status points (GO) will not be reset, and noted that the agent that handled my previous query had the wrong understanding. However, they said that any questions realting to the program should be referred to Marriott, even questions relating to CX tier issues (which I found really odd).
Glad that Cathay got back to you and allayed your fears. The Agent I spoke to had limited understanding of this promotion and her responses were confused and not at all reassuring. Given the warning message that "all my Cathay status points would be lost if I am eligible for an accelerated status offer", I chose to abort linking my accounts.

On a related matter, Loyalty Lobby blog ran the headline

Marriott Bonvoy & Cathay Pacific Preferred Partnership Sign Up Fiasco & Registration Closure

Old Feb 28, 2024, 5:22 am
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
This partnership is so dumb. I didn’t get an email about it and it’s closed before I could ever register for it. Why bother?
suziemay likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2024, 3:28 pm

Programs: TK Gold
I tried several times for a Cathay Pacific and Marriott status match, and it now says it's ended.

When I tried for a few time,
It kept on saying "Oops. Try Again"

One of my friend who did the same thing got matched to silver with Cathay. Such a dumb promotion programme and now it's closed and I still don't get to the bottom of it why he can match it and I cannot - is it because my middle name is not with marriott but cathay has my middle name....

Anyway, I have no idea what to do now
Old Mar 11, 2024, 2:41 am

Programs: Marco Polo Gold, Asiana Gold, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Silver
This promotion was a huge joke and of course one of the parties will blame the other. In my case, applied just after receiving the email, got an error message and contacted Marriott Customer Care which confirmed what I had sensed: there was a name mismatch. Was advised to update the Bonvoy account name which took a few days to complete, but anyway the promotion had closed on the same day.
Although this is documented and Marriott knows exactly when I reached out to them, ie within the period during which the promotion was open, they would not accommodate any exceptions. Bummer...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.