Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Cathay Pacific - Extremely poor service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cathay Pacific - Extremely poor service

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2024, 7:38 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by CX HK
Wish they would save everyone's time and energy by allowing two FFP numbers, like SQ!
Yes absolutely. But under current system, if the status points and/or RDM are critical, then the only solution is to have the FFP on the printed boarding pass.
Old May 2, 2024, 9:50 pm

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF
Originally Posted by CX HK
Wish they would save everyone's time and energy by allowing two FFP numbers, like SQ!
pretty sure that whatever Amadeus/cloaked variant CX agents use, they do have the ability to differentiate FQTS/FQTV..skill, otoh..

and of course CX tech’s a few years away from the low benchmark that is SQ’s IT
Old May 3, 2024, 12:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by percysmith
Yes absolutely. But under current system, if the status points and/or RDM are critical, then the only solution is to have the FFP on the printed boarding pass.
I don't know how CX system operates, but even that is not a guarantee that miles will credit to the FFP on the BP.
Many examples with other airlines where miles credit to a FFP different from that on the BP (e.g. QR forum).
Old May 3, 2024, 2:43 am

Originally Posted by ZSTWHK
For 1, I have OW benefits through Qatar but 0 miles would be credited due to ticket fare. I would have free seat assignment due to my OW tier so I bought the cheapest Cathay Y ticket. I switched FFP online from QR to CX after I made my booking and I had a notice that said that I need to call CX or I'd lose my seat assignment. After calling CX, they said that they would keep my CX (Green so no benefit) FFP on my booking but they confirmed my seat assignment made using my QR FFP.

When I got to the airport I had to double check if I'd still get my OW benefits because I don't trust anything that happens at CX these days. I explained to the agent at the check in counter again, that the booking has my CX FFP but I also have OW benefits through QR and showed them my electronic QR card. They understood and "made a note on my booking" that I'd credit to Cathay but use Qatar benefits. The rest worked out fine from there.

TLDR, just call, explain, be polite, explain again, remain calm
Actually why not just keep your QR FFP# until you board the aircraft. Then use CX app to change back to CX FFP#. I do it multiple times and no issue for seat selection/lounge access and the miles will go to my CX account.

Unless there are greetings or benefit onboard for OWS, that you might missed out, but I don’t know if such privilege onboard for OWS ever exists.
Old May 3, 2024, 5:57 pm

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by jagmeets
pretty sure that whatever Amadeus/cloaked variant CX agents use, they do have the ability to differentiate FQTS/FQTV..skill, otoh..

and of course CX tech’s a few years away from the low benchmark that is SQ’s IT
SQ, QR and CX use the same DCS - Amadeus Altea CM
As someone trained to use the system, under the FFP section there is an option to choose different numbers for 'service' and 'accural'. Not all agents know this though.
jagmeets likes this.
Old May 3, 2024, 9:20 pm

Programs: QRPC Silver
Originally Posted by longtin23
Actually why not just keep your QR FFP# until you board the aircraft. Then use CX app to change back to CX FFP#. I do it multiple times and no issue for seat selection/lounge access and the miles will go to my CX account.

Unless there are greetings or benefit onboard for OWS, that you might missed out, but I don’t know if such privilege onboard for OWS ever exists.
Good point. It was my first time on CX after the pandemic and I needed the CX FFP to check in online. I don't care too much about on board benefits. I'm glad it worked for you and I'll do it next time
Old May 4, 2024, 12:01 am

Programs: KA "The Elite"
Originally Posted by ma930407
Does CX still allocate CX own and ex Cathay Dragon crews to different flights? I have just been on a flight from Nagoya to Hong Kong. Aircraft is ex KA A330, and crews are mostly (if not all) ex KA. Service level is just top notch, and so different compared to my recent long haul flights with CX. They are much better trained. Even though it is a turnaround in NGO and they must be tired, they are still very energetic and caring on their passengers. Four cabin crews came to greet oneworld sapphire and emerald members. Then Japanese manager further came to greet and inform flight details. It is just JAL level of service on a CX flight. Missing KA …
As a frequent HKG-Mainland traveller in the 2000's the CX take over of KA was the worst thing that happened travel wise in those years.... The only positive was being able to acces CX's lounges in HKG, but for the inflight experience.... While the crews remained excellent all the rest went downhill! KA you are missed!
Carfield and PaulC852 like this.
Old May 4, 2024, 6:18 am

Originally Posted by longliveKA
As a frequent HKG-Mainland traveller in the 2000's the CX take over of KA was the worst thing that happened travel wise in those years.... The only positive was being able to acces CX's lounges in HKG, but for the inflight experience.... While the crews remained excellent all the rest went downhill! KA you are missed!
As an erstwhile Platinum member of The Elite, I concur.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.