Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

What are "Preferred seats" in CX Economy rows 39-44 on A330-300?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2024, 12:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum Elite, CX Silver, OW Ruby, Travala Smart Diamond

What are "Preferred seats" in Cathay Pacific Economy class, rows 39-44, on the Airbus A330-300?

Seatguru does not show any difference for these rows compared to the rest of Economy class.

I usually liked to pick seats in the rear of the plane, say row 71-73 because it feels less dense with the 3 seats in the middle.

Now since I reached CX Silver I am able to select these "Preferred seats" in Cathay Pacific Economy class, rows 39-44 for free, but what is better about them if anything?

"Preferred seats" in Cathay Pacific Economy class, rows 39-44, on the Airbus A330-300

What are your favorite seats in CX Economy on the A330-300? In what order are meals being served?
adrianlondon likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2024, 12:16 am

Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.
its just front of cabin so u can disembark faster. you also get meal choice first

seats and pitch identical to others
goodgirl, adrianlondon and lsquare like this.
Old Apr 13, 2024, 9:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by goodgirl
What are "Preferred seats" in Cathay Pacific Economy class, rows 39-44, on the Airbus A330-300?

Seatguru does not show any difference for these rows compared to the rest of Economy class.

I usually liked to pick seats in the rear of the plane, say row 71-73 because it feels less dense with the 3 seats in the middle.

Now since I reached CX Silver I am able to select these "Preferred seats" in Cathay Pacific Economy class, rows 39-44 for free, but what is better about them if anything?

"Preferred seats" in Cathay Pacific Economy class, rows 39-44, on the Airbus A330-300

What are your favorite seats in CX Economy on the A330-300? In what order are meals being served?
Originally Posted by fakecd
its just front of cabin so u can disembark faster. you also get meal choice first

seats and pitch identical to others
I was going to ask this too, but I'll be flying on the A350 and CX has a warning stating that I can be reassigned due to operational needs if I select a preferred seat. I do want my meal first…
Old Apr 14, 2024, 6:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
I just bought a ticket for CX730 KUL-HKG, which uses the A330-300. What do you guys think of 44A?
Old Apr 14, 2024, 9:36 pm

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club
Originally Posted by goodgirl

Preferred seats" in Cathay Pacific Economy class, rows 39-44, on the Airbus A330-300

As SL, are you able to select a 'Preferred Seat' for your travel companion travelling on the same booking who has no status ?

Last edited by pf007; Apr 15, 2024 at 9:25 pm
Old Apr 14, 2024, 9:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum Elite, CX Silver, OW Ruby, Travala Smart Diamond
Originally Posted by lsquare
I just bought a ticket for CX730 KUL-HKG, which uses the A330-300. What do you guys think of 44A?
Lol, I'll be in 44 A and H tomorrow, if I find time I will report.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.