Old Mar 10, 2024, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

Have just booked
LHR-HKG-KIX in J in mid April -8 hr layover in HKG from 1700 to 0200
then
HND-HKG ( 1 day layover in HKG) - LHR again in J. HKG to LHR is at 1300.

Looking forward to trying all the lounges at HKG and to spend a day in HKG. Have not flown Cathay or been to HKG since precovid though I have tried the CX LHR & HND lounges recently

Regards

TBS
Old Mar 10, 2024, 7:33 pm

Programs: BA Gold, ALL Gold
Originally Posted by HawaiiO
Which CX lounge for business class is nicer?
Will have about a 4 hr HKG transit.

Are both similar?

Thanks!
It does depend, if you're looking for understated sophistication (!) I'd head to the Pier Business. It's more like a posh hotel lobby to me. It's also larger and generally more to wonder around.

The Wing is also good but I'm not a fan of the gloss and modern vibes. Having said that, if you're starting in HKG it will generally be the closest lounge.

Not that this is CX, but the Qantas lounge is also great and has alacarte dining for business class, so worth a try.

I'd say with 4 hours in HKG go for a lounge hop and find out for yourself!

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

Have just booked
LHR-HKG-KIX in J in mid April -8 hr layover in HKG from 1700 to 0200
then
HND-HKG ( 1 day layover in HKG) - LHR again in J. HKG to LHR is at 1300.

Looking forward to trying all the lounges at HKG and to spend a day in HKG. Have not flown Cathay or been to HKG since precovid though I have tried the CX LHR & HND lounges recently

Regards

TBS
I'm envious! Love Japan and can't wait to go back again.

I am also heading to LHR to HKT via HKG, returning BKK to LHR via HKG in April. I'm super excited to check out the Pier F during my transit now that it's reopened (was in Japan last year via HKG - the days of the roped off F/Diamond/Emerald section in the Pier J).
The _Banking_Scot and HawaiiO like this.

Last edited by dreamingbeyond; Mar 10, 2024 at 7:52 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.