Wiki Posts
Search

Cathay Pacific Lounges in Hong Kong

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2023, 1:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: alaska award members
Cathay Pacific Lounges in Hong Kong

I feel like Cathay Pacific business class lounges quality has gone down after Covid like starting beginning of 2023.
Has anyone recently visited Hong Kong CX lounge?

Does anyone know if Hong Kong airport will open up lounges access for Priority Pass members?
My last visit in Jan. 2023 showed NO lounge access for Priority member at Hong Kong Intl airport.

What credit card can access the Plaza lounge? Is Capital Venture X credit card holder allow to access Plaza Lounge in HK airport? Thanks for any advice.
Old Jun 18, 2023, 1:42 pm

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by alouie81
I feel like Cathay Pacific business class lounges quality has gone down after Covid like starting beginning of 2023.

Does anyone know if Hong Kong airport will open up lounges access for Priority Pass members?
My last visit in Jan. 2023 showed NO lounge access for Priority member at Hong Kong Intl airport.

What credit card can access the Plaza lounge? Is Capital Venture X credit card holder allow to access Plaza Lounge in HK airport? Thanks for any advice.
I found The Wing J and The Deck to not be as good as before (especially The Wing J but that might be because it's only partially open), although The Pier J is alright.

Are you talking about getting into CX lounges or Plaza Premium lounges via Priority Pass or other credit card programmes? For CX lounges, there is no chance. For Plaza Premium lounges, they just rejoined Priority Pass. See https://www.prioritypass.com/lounge-changes-june-2023. Whether Capital Venture X works with Priority Pass or not, I don't know.
Old Jun 18, 2023, 3:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG

Pre-pandemic, you can't access CX's lounges even with PP. From memory, only Plaza Premium and AMEX CL were accessible via credit cards.
Old Jun 18, 2023, 6:31 pm
Original Poster

Lounges in Hong Kong airport

I find out capital venture X card has their new capital lounge in Hong Kong.

it’s standard with food. YouTube has info on new lounge,
Old Jun 18, 2023, 7:24 pm

PP can also use the Chase lounge
Old Jun 18, 2023, 8:02 pm

Just had an early morning layover in HKG over the weekend. We went to "The Deck," it was small and quiet. Breakfast options were only western, some eggs, bacon, mushrooms, and oatmeal. Then we checked out "The Wing" and it was the same as "The Deck" except it also had congee as an Asian option. I did see a sign for noodle bar, but didn't find it. We then went to "The Pier" and it was a HUGE difference. There were multiple sections, first was a western section that included everything "The Deck" had plus fresh fruit. Then there was a separate Asian Section with pork buns, congee, made to order noodle soup and dim sum. There is also a third, much quieter option where the bar was located and had some dessert pastries set out. "The Pier" was quite a walk from our departing gate, which was literally next to "The Deck," but the hike was well worth it for the food.
percysmith likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2023, 8:06 pm

Programs: CXDM
If its open I usually now just go over to the QF lounge.
percysmith likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2023, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Since when?
Old Jun 18, 2023, 8:43 pm

I think you have confused Capital One with Chase. There has been a Chase Sapphire lounge at HKG since October but there is no Capital One lounge at HKG.
lsquare likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2023, 1:58 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by CXYYZ
I think you have confused Capital One with Chase. There has been a Chase Sapphire lounge at HKG since October but there is no Capital One lounge at HKG.
^ This.
Old Jun 19, 2023, 2:48 am

Originally Posted by babypuwet
Just had an early morning layover in HKG over the weekend. We went to "The Deck," it was small and quiet. Breakfast options were only western, some eggs, bacon, mushrooms, and oatmeal. Then we checked out "The Wing" and it was the same as "The Deck" except it also had congee as an Asian option. I did see a sign for noodle bar, but didn't find it. We then went to "The Pier" and it was a HUGE difference. There were multiple sections, first was a western section that included everything "The Deck" had plus fresh fruit. Then there was a separate Asian Section with pork buns, congee, made to order noodle soup and dim sum. There is also a third, much quieter option where the bar was located and had some dessert pastries set out. "The Pier" was quite a walk from our departing gate, which was literally next to "The Deck," but the hike was well worth it for the food.
How long does it take for you to walk from The Deck to The Pier ?
Old Jun 19, 2023, 10:29 am
Original Poster

Cathay Pacific HK Lounge The Wing vs. JAL lounge HK

I never try the Pier. Often I visit the Wing probably because it is closest to the gate flying out from HKG-LAX. The Wing does has a noodle bar but it is all the way in the back hidden. The wing also has a bar in the very front and you can order Cathay signature drink - Kiwi + coconut juice blended. I also just visited JAL website and it says business class, first, also premium economy passengers (not sure if that is true of not) have privilege to enter the "First Premium Plaza lounge" not the "Premium Plaza" at HKG airport. First Premium Plaza opened around 4 years ago and you tube pp says it serves fresh made menu including Lobster panfry noodles. I think after Covid it doesnt have lobster, but I see Lamb chop on menus. That is amazing. JAL has the best hospitality out of all!
Old Jun 19, 2023, 3:10 pm

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by peteryu
How long does it take for you to walk from The Deck to The Pier ?
You can take the train. I'd say it takes about 15 minutes.
Old Jun 19, 2023, 5:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ernestnywang
15 minutes by train?
Old Jun 19, 2023, 7:17 pm

Originally Posted by ernestnywang
How about going back to departure gate near The Wing ? Do we need to walk or there is a train available for going back also ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.