Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cathay Pacific Lounges in Hong Kong

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2023, 8:10 pm

Programs: BAEC GOLD
Originally Posted by peteryu
The train only operates the other way around on the arrival side. Decades ago it used to run both ways on the departure side but that was long time ago. Going from The Pier to The Wing or The Deck, no trains are available.
Thanks for the detailed reply. How long will it take approximately to walk from The Pier to departure gates near The Wing then ?[/QUOTE]

would give it a 15 mins slow walk
djsflynn and DiamondMile like this.
Old Jun 21, 2023, 11:19 pm

Programs: Cathay Lifetime Diamond
It takes me just over 7 if the airport is not busy and I am over 60.
tentseller likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2023, 12:14 am

Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.
oh my god what happened to F WIng.

since cheap buffet are back their alacarte is like Plaza Premium grade... does anybody feel it?
TomYoung likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2023, 12:38 am

Originally Posted by db07mufan
Thanks for the detailed reply. How long will it take approximately to walk from The Pier to departure gates near The Wing then ?
Well the last five minutes of the journey could depend upon if you're talking about departing from somewhere around gate 23 or gate 4, as they're both 'near The Wing' but quite a distance from one another – but I would consider the journey from The Pier to be a purposeful 10-minute clip, a relaxed 15-minute amble or a frantic five-minute scramble!
brunos likes this.

Last edited by djsflynn; Jun 23, 2023 at 11:32 pm
Old Jun 22, 2023, 10:13 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by infinitium
Dropped by The Pier last week on a long haul trip and was disappointed to find the Aesop range of skincare and soaps no longer available in the shower and toilets. It's now replaced by some UK brand called Bamford (the bottle/product is made in China). Must be part of CX's cost cutting overhaul... very disappointing given Aesop was long considered an elite premium brand.

Bamford is a premium skincare brand I suppose?
They also appear in the Swire hotels I remember.
JordanWalker likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2023, 10:14 pm

Programs: CX DM / SQ PPS / VN Platinum
Originally Posted by fakecd
oh my god what happened to F WIng.

since cheap buffet are back their alacarte is like Plaza Premium grade... does anybody feel it?

Looked at menu yesterday, and decided to go eat real food outside.
Looked a lot more enticing months ago.
TomYoung likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2023, 1:42 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by moreismore
Was very disappointed in February to find this in the CX lounge LHR T3 having previously loved the Aesop toiletries. Doesn’t seem to be much cheaper here in GBP than Aesop but nowhere near the quality/popularity. Also it’s the same family (wife) of JCB tycoon who was a vocal champion of Brexit so divisive for those of us still frustrated by such a national mess this has created… Personally would never buy this but after first trying Aesop years ago on CX then became a customer at home.
moreismore likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2023, 2:07 am

Programs: IB+ Oro / OWS
Originally Posted by DocS
Was very disappointed in February to find this in the CX lounge LHR T3 having previously loved the Aesop toiletries. Doesn’t seem to be much cheaper here in GBP than Aesop but nowhere near the quality/popularity. Also it’s the same family (wife) of JCB tycoon who was a vocal champion of Brexit so divisive for those of us still frustrated by such a national mess this has created… Personally would never buy this but after first trying Aesop years ago on CX then became a customer at home.
as this is the CX board, I doubt there would be much love in HK for Freedom of Movement between all Asian countries, an "A"CJ, "A"CB, and an "A"-commission.
Old Jun 23, 2023, 6:37 pm

Programs: CX DM, Accor Platinum, Discovery Titanium, Bonvoy Gold, Ultima
As mentioned above, the Wing F reduced a la carte supplemented by a modest buffet is a major downgrade from the decent and substantive (IMHO) a la carte on offer until recently. One can only assume the buffet will be ramped up more in due course to compensate more for the threadbare a la carte, but if the new a la carte is what we can expect permanently, then that is not great and is a worrying sign for what will be offered at Pier F if it ever re-opens. That said, although the portion size wouldn't feed a mouse, the sweet and sour pork I had was excellent!

If Pier F reopens with full a la carte as before, then it will always be the preferred F option assuming you have time.
lsquare likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2023, 6:34 am

Programs: Cathay Lifetime Diamond
I ate at the buffet yesterday and to me it was more or less the same as pre-pandemic and of course it does the not replace the offered menu which I also dived into.
Old Jun 26, 2023, 7:45 am

Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.
the smoked salmon from buffet tasted foul and by far the worst salmon in my life. i think local Cafe de Coral serves better salmon. the buffet offering inside dining area makes it on par with third world contract lounge. if anything buffet offerIng at outside area (where they have coffee machine) was better.

this is yet another end of era. CX F set a high standard of pre departure experience back in the days. the shine they lost will never come back
Conkers, HarbourGent and TomYoung like this.
Old Jun 26, 2023, 9:37 pm

Any suggestions on 14 hours layover in HKG? Arrival from MAD around 7am and departed for AKL around 9pm. Flights will be in early September and we are 2 Adults in business.

Due to lake of arrival lounge (CX & Premium Plaza), we are thinking to book a day room at Regal Hotel for a quick freshen up (maybe a nap) then head to the city for meals and drinks.

Any other suggestions? Thanks.
Old Jun 26, 2023, 10:30 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by zqsn5678
Any suggestions on 14 hours layover in HKG? Arrival from MAD around 7am and departed for AKL around 9pm. Flights will be in early September and we are 2 Adults in business.

Due to lake of arrival lounge (CX & Premium Plaza), we are thinking to book a day room at Regal Hotel for a quick freshen up (maybe a nap) then head to the city for meals and drinks.

Any other suggestions? Thanks.
You can land, get sweaty doing the Peak/Sky 100 (too early for Ozone which would’ve been better value)/Australia Dairy fix, before heading back to airport departures to shower off all that sweat/food (do both Qantas and Pier for variety)/nap in the Pier nap area (you’ll crash after lunch) before your CX113.

NZ visa free into HK. No test of or quarantine form. Write Transit for any address request.

Bring a change of clothes or at least underwear. It’s not as Doha but it’s humid.
adrianlondon, zqsn5678 and royng like this.
Old Jun 26, 2023, 11:48 pm

Programs: CX DM / SQ PPS / VN Platinum
Originally Posted by moreismore
yes, had Bamford at the Middle House last week. I like it.
Old Jun 27, 2023, 12:42 am

Originally Posted by Jane's Addiction
yes, had Bamford at the Middle House last week. I like it.
Interestingly, HK's East Hotel (also Swire-owned) uses Appelles (like Aesop, an Aussie brand), or at least did when I stayed there in late March, and it's also a very nice product.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.