Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lot of CX cancellations in December

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2021, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by Davvidd
It is the next two weeks. On the 25th it is abut 1600 for a PE flight from YYZ to BKK on CX. Yes they have an 11 hour transit in HKG. But I am presuming that I would be able to use the CX Lounge because I am a Silver on OneWorld? Not on CX but QR.
i can’t find a direct flight from YYZ to HKG departing on 25/12. Although there is a incoming flight to YYZ from HKG on 24/12.
seem like CX829 are mostly cargo flight right now. (There is an arrival of CX829 to HKG on Sunday and it is listed as cargo flight). So most likely pax flight to YYZ.

CX is proposing to depart on 24/12 with transit from YYZ to YVR to HKG and towards BKK.

also for HKG-BKK, seem like it is 830am departure to BKK on 26/12. So 2 hr 30 mins transit time.
Old Dec 11, 2021, 5:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
There are quite a few 826s flying often due to the need for last-minute cargo shipment due to the mess at Long Beach and Los Angeles ports.
Many 829 is flying back cargo only to minimize "crew arrival quarantine requirement".
If the crew does not leave the plane crew 2 flies back and crew is considered "close loop of not having been at another country" - test and go home.

As an 826/829 user, I am using all my CX friends to monitor which 829 is flying pax diligently around CNY/LNY.
Old Dec 13, 2021, 4:31 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by nyah
This is getting a little bit out of hand:

2. Separate documentary proof (in English or Chinese) to show that the laboratory or healthcare institution is ISO15189 accredited or is recognised or approved by the relevant authority of the government of the place in which the laboratory or healthcare institution is located. This can be in the form of a copy of 'Certificate of Accreditation', 'Certificate if Compliance', or information printed out from an official government website. Please note that separate documentary proof is required even if the test report from the laboratory or healthcare institution contains an ISO accreditation reference.

With the departure within 5 days I cannot manage the acquire this. Will this be a valid reason to cancel the flight and receive cash refund instead of voucher?
Those requirements don't seem especially onerous to me. I read that a lot of the cases that escaped from South Africa were due to sloppy testing. And, in the US there a lot shady testing centers that sell negative results.

I really dislike China's inbound rules because they are a pita and expensive ($400+). Plus the selection of test centers is limited/inconvenient (e.g. if you want to fly DTW-PVG, you need to go some place 45 minutes north of the airport). But, simply certifying that tests are reliable seems like a reasonable middle ground.
nancypants likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2021, 4:59 am

Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
I have given up on CX and now not flying via HKG.
Old Dec 13, 2021, 7:08 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by Davvidd
I have given up on CX and now not flying via HKG.
Regrettably wise
Old Dec 15, 2021, 11:14 am

Programs: nobody
Yikes, just found out my Mom's flight CX807 originally departure 1/5/22 now change to 1/2/22. Being in US, in a way this is ok because she still hold the 21 day quarantine hotel from 1/6, with now the first 7 days going to stay in Penny bay. So her hotel booking will still be valid. What a headache with all these schedule change couple with limited quarantine hotel quotas.
Cryofern likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2021, 4:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Flight suspension on all NYC-HKG CX flights from 20/12/20 to 2/1/21
Old Dec 20, 2021, 7:22 am

Originally Posted by brunos
Flight suspension on all NYC-HKG CX flights from 20/12/20 to 2/1/21
They hit the cancellation criteria HK sees five Omicron cases, bans Cathay flights from New York | The Standard

Last edited by percysmith; Dec 20, 2021 at 4:05 pm
Old Dec 20, 2021, 6:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

The flight suspension mechanism is tightened. If four or more passengers are confirmed with COVID-19 upon arrival in Hong Kong from the same route within seven days, that route will be suspended for 14 days. This is in addition of the current rule which applies to three or more pax testing positive upon arrival.
In the past, this new rule would have led to more suspensions.

https://www.info.gov.hk/gia/general/...BUE3uiVHhlph18

Last edited by brunos; Dec 20, 2021 at 7:43 pm
Old Dec 20, 2021, 6:51 pm

The flight suspension mechanism is tightened. If four or more passengers are confirmed with COVID-19 upon arrival in Hong Kong from the same route within seven days, that route will be suspended for 14 days. This is in addition of the current rule which applies to three or more pax testing positive upon arrival.
and it was reported CX have impose additional Antigen test before check in at LHR ? In addition to the PCR test needed
Old Dec 20, 2021, 7:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sbs2716g
and it was reported CX have impose additional Antigen test before check in at LHR ? In addition to the PCR test needed
I strongly doubt. HK is not a big fan of antigen tests.

But as reported elsewhere, from 24 December, the PCR test needs to be taken 48h before departure instead of 72h. That applies to all pax, including transit.
https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_...xsource=roller
Old Dec 20, 2021, 9:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

That's the way things roll up here, as well. And, the home town airlines are not afforded any special favors.
Old Dec 20, 2021, 9:44 pm

I strongly doubt. HK is not a big fan of antigen tests.

But as reported elsewhere, from 24 December, the PCR test needs to be taken 48h before departure instead of 72h. That applies to all pax, including transit.
https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_...xsource=roller
impose by CX. Not by HKG govt.
need to be at airport 5 hours earlier

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2788...6341886068292/

Old Dec 25, 2021, 2:41 am

CX252 24 Dec brought in 7 confirmed cases, incurred two week suspension

【最新】國泰航班昨天由倫敦抵港有7名乘客確診,國泰航班禁止由倫敦來港14天
https://news.now.com/urgentnews.jsp?...17&refer=Share

https://amp.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/...spends-flights
Old Dec 25, 2021, 6:26 am

I fear that under this definition and the transmissibility of Omicron, we’re going to see less inbound pax than Sydney in Dec 2020 - virtually an effective inbound passenger pax like Peru had or North Korea still has.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.