Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"The Bridge" closes permanently

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2021, 9:02 pm

That's a pity to hear. I always used to go to The Bridge before The Pier opened. It had a very strategic location where you could access any gate within a reasonably short walk.

To be honest, I would never choose it over The Pier these days, as it's only a short walk away and is IMO a superior lounge.
djsflynn, somemale and DiamondMile like this.
Old Aug 24, 2021, 9:39 pm

Wasn't The Bridge the most recent lounge that CX opened?
Old Aug 24, 2021, 9:48 pm

Originally Posted by carrotjuice
Wasn't The Bridge the most recent lounge that CX opened?
You might be thinking of The Deck, which is the old Dragonair G16 lounge, and opened in March 2018.

The Bridge is actually a bit 'old' now, it came after The Wing revamp and was the last of the Foster-designed lounges, then there was quite a gap between The Bridge and The Pier lounges which were done by Studio Ilse.
Old Aug 24, 2021, 10:24 pm

I see. For someone who's historically camped at The Pier F, I never quite explored the others... saving them for if ever my OWE runs out. Sad that the options are shrinking though.
Old Aug 25, 2021, 6:17 am

Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.
at this rate i am seriously more worried about "cathay pacific" closing permanently. i couldnt give a rats arrse about lounge, if i could fly again
Old Aug 25, 2021, 9:46 pm

Programs: CX GO, AC Aeroplan 25K, AMEX PLAT, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire Amb
https://www.executivetraveller.com/n...g-kong-lounge?

Slightly off topic but apparently QF lounge is closing too

The QF lounge was actually my favorite lounge in HKG. Spacious, never crowded, bright and airy feeling (unlike The Pier), and at a nice location especially if departing from the lower gates.

With both The Bridge and QF lounge closing, if travel ever recovers in HKG, all the OW pax will now be sharing The Wing, The Pier and The Deck...
djsflynn and Sozee like this.
Old Aug 25, 2021, 11:50 pm

Programs: CX ows, DL E+
Originally Posted by etkuo
https://www.executivetraveller.com/n...g-kong-lounge?

Slightly off topic but apparently QF lounge is closing too

The QF lounge was actually my favorite lounge in HKG. Spacious, never crowded, bright and airy feeling (unlike The Pier), and at a nice location especially if departing from the lower gates.

With both The Bridge and QF lounge closing, if travel ever recovers in HKG, all the OW pax will now be sharing The Wing, The Pier and The Deck...
The salted caramel cheesecake will be sorely missed
djsflynn likes this.
Old Aug 26, 2021, 12:35 am

Originally Posted by fakecd
at this rate i am seriously more worried about "cathay pacific" closing permanently. i couldnt give a rats arrse about lounge, if i could fly again
Is CX's future intertwined with Hong Kong's?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.