Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Will my award waitlist clear? Master thread 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 7, 2019, 7:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sxc
Continuation of this thread:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-marco-polo-club/1581009-how-exactly-does-cx-waitlist-work-awards.html
Print Wikipost

Will my award waitlist clear? Master thread 2019

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2019, 11:26 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by synthkeys
It's a very pleasant surprise. Is this a fluke or the power of being DM?
Yes it's your DM. I've been waiting for a similar seat to YVR (after a small goofup with a confirmed seat) without success.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 8:31 pm

Programs: QFF, SAS, Marcopolo, Enrich, AAdvantage, dividend miles, priority club
Loading check

Could anyone please help me to check the load on CX 171 and CX 183 on 20th jan. I have been waiting for two award tickets biz from hkg to per and no award seats is available for next 30 days or so. 😞
Old Jan 15, 2019, 10:11 pm

J9 I7 W1 Y7
J6 I5 W0 Y3

Although you're waitlisting for J, it's the Y and W loads you should be worried about.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 12:00 am

Programs: SQ KF Gold
Originally Posted by synthkeys
It's a very pleasant surprise. Is this a fluke or the power of being DM?
Being a DM does still appear to have some hidden benefits. I waitlisted myself and the Mrs on a HKG-SIN Saver in May in U on two flights, then immediately called 3888 and asked if they could help confirm these seats. Whilst the earlier flight was a no-go, the were happy to confirm us on the later one, it only took 3 mins. AND I did not even have sufficient miles in my account yet, as I was waiting for confirmation before transferring the outstanding miles from my credit card to AM...

I have not been DM for long enough to be able to reminisce about the "good old days", but so far I must say I have been pleasantly surprised with my status benefits, especially after all the doom and gloom I read about from more "vintage" DM members!
Old Jan 16, 2019, 11:25 pm

Programs: Marco Polo
Can someone help me check the availability for business class (standard award) for the following flights from HKG to SFO on 5 Apr?

CX872
CX870
CX892

Many thanks in advance!
J
Old Jan 16, 2019, 11:41 pm

By the way, does anyone know if I redeemed a Premium Econ ticket with AM, can I still waitlist for business class for the same flight? The thing is if my waitlist for business is cleared I will pay the fee of USD120 to cancel my premium econ redemption ticket.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 11:58 pm

Originally Posted by Jeannie Jeannie
Can someone help me check the availability for business class (standard award) for the following flights from HKG to SFO on 5 Apr?

CX872
CX870
CX892

Many thanks in advance!
J
Why do you need someone else to check this? We're all looking at the same spot availability from https://www.asiamiles.com/en/redeem-...ds/facade.html . You do not need a miles balance to check.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 11:59 pm

Originally Posted by Jeannie Jeannie
By the way, does anyone know if I redeemed a Premium Econ ticket with AM, can I still waitlist for business class for the same flight? The thing is if my waitlist for business is cleared I will pay the fee of USD120 to cancel my premium econ redemption ticket.
Can
US$100
Old Jan 17, 2019, 12:02 am

Thanks, I was just wondering if the probability on having waitlist cleared for these flights can be checked as I have been on waitlist for some time.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 12:08 am

Originally Posted by percysmith
Can
US$100
Thanks! Good to know can do that for same flight!
Old Jan 17, 2019, 12:38 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by infinitium
Hi gang,
Am currently waitlisted for a roundtrip HKG-LHR in U (redemption)... departing Apr 5/CX255, and returning Apr 19/CX252.
Any idea roughly when CX might clear the waitlist, and what my chances are for those flights? (I'm GO).

I called the MP Club hotline w/an inquiry, but they were unable to give me a timeline on when I might have a clear go/no go response
would you consider 253/257/and other LHRHKG flights? 251 and 255 is regularly more booked out- im assuming 237 helps a bit but 253/257 is relativwly easier w awards
Old Jan 17, 2019, 7:43 am
kkl

I have waitlisted PER-HKG-KIX over several days 6/7/8 feb and nothing has cleared. I’ve also waitlisted just PER-HKG incase of married segments.

Some flights are J9 and still not clearing
Old Jan 17, 2019, 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by SFTNYC
Any ideas on 7th Feb for the following HKG/SIN flights? When should I start to get nervous? Little less than a month to go, all HKG-SIN flights that day are waitlist only (same goes for the SQ flights). Thinking it has to do with Chinese New Year, but is it possible nothing opens up t hat day?

No status here, waitlisting for 1 business class:

CX739
CX735
CX635
CX657

Many thanks!

Almost no chance. CX will oversell economy class gradually when there are any seats left in higher cabin. They would rather op-up someone instead of open it up for redemption in peak seasons in particular. Check the loading of the whole flight instead of individual cabin to evaluate the chance.

Last edited by Donkitravel; Jan 17, 2019 at 4:58 pm
Old Jan 17, 2019, 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by gbermudez79
Hello,

Curious if I could get some forecast on a waitlist clearing.
Flight is LAX > HKG / Business (Booking Class U, if it makes a diff)
Flying on Mar. 4th / CX885

I am a Silver member and got the "Choice" award.

Also, is there any trend on how they release these awards once waitlisted? Once a week? Based on the amount of tickets being bought?

Thanks for your help!

Gustavo
Normally four days before departure for US flights. Call them to extend the waitlist deadline instead of doing a new booking when your original one is about to expire. Check the loading of whole flight instead of individual cabin to evaluate the chance.

Last edited by Donkitravel; Jan 17, 2019 at 5:00 pm
Old Jan 17, 2019, 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by derek2010
Waiting list pending to clear:
19/4: CX872, 1 First and 1 Business
29/4: CX883, 1 Business

If you are booking under separate PNRs, just a reminder for you to add a second sector HKG JNB in Economy to save thousands of miles. Also, you can choose HKG YVR for return and put it in the same booking of CX872 to save thousands of miles but a short transit back to SFO is required. If you don’t want to transit in YVR, add SFO SYD in economy in the second PNR, it also save a lot of miles.

PS: you can cancel the unused sector after flying the first sector and get the tax refunded without any charge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.