FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Cathay Pacific | Cathay (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-cathay-487/)
-   -   Vietnam to US mistake fare discussion - 2019 Cathay New Year's gift (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-cathay/1948418-vietnam-us-mistake-fare-discussion-2019-cathay-new-years-gift.html)

nnn555 Jan 20, 2019 4:57 am

Just 100$ at same A ,
sounds great!

thank you !

nnn555 Jan 20, 2019 4:58 am

Originally Posted by clubeurope (Post 30677516)
change fee is defo $100, in addition fare differences. If the dates you are looking for have availability in A class, then it should only cost $100. If not, then the additional fees would be in the five digits.

just 100$ at same A !, sounds great!
thank you!

plunet Jan 20, 2019 11:01 am

Originally Posted by nnn555 (Post 30677534)
just 100$ at same A !, sounds great!
thank you!

Expedia might also charge their own admin fee, you would need to look at their own Terms and Conditions for that.

krugmaniac Jan 20, 2019 2:52 pm

Quick question about this fare. If I arrive in CX F with a VN connection, but I show them an onward CX flight purchased separately due to "change of plans," would they stop me from going into the F lounge?

shd9 Jan 20, 2019 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by krugmaniac (Post 30679106)
Quick question about this fare. If I arrive in CX F with a VN connection, but I show them an onward CX flight purchased separately due to "change of plans," would they stop me from going into the F lounge?

I don’t understand why you wouldn’t. Just present the F boarding pass and new CX boarding pass. Or alternatively your lounge invitation is going to be printed in your departure airport, just hand that to the lounge agent.

Merely saying it would be practical to do it. Dropping the last segment and consequence is your decision, and may carry some responsibilities

MilesToGoBeforeISleep Jan 20, 2019 3:05 pm

Refund / cancellation?

I bought three of the first class tickets. However circumstances this year are forcing me to cancel these sadly.

Does anyone have any experience in what the easiest way to cancel the tickets are, what the fee is? And also what the best phone number is to do the cancellation? Ideally, if there is a particular office that would Cancel and refund the tickets with no charge that would be great. Appreciate any experiences people have had.

Thank you.

smitty06 Jan 20, 2019 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by MilesToGoBeforeISleep (Post 30679151)
I bought three of the first class tickets. However circumstances this year are forcing me to cancel these sadly.

Does anyone have any experience in what the easiest way to cancel the tickets are, what the fee is? And also what the best phone number is to do the cancellation? Ideally, if there is a particular office that would Cancel and refund the tickets with no charge that would be great. Appreciate any experiences people have had.

Thank you.

I think the cancellation fee is $300 dollars. If it were me, I would probably try to plead my case to Cathay Pacific to see if I could get a free cancellation. They may let you since it allow them to resell the seat at a higher price. Or find someone with the same name as you and sell the tickets to them.

smitty06 Jan 20, 2019 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by krugmaniac (Post 30679106)

Are you One World Emerald? If so, just show your new boarding pass and you will be good to go.

brodielayne Jan 20, 2019 5:05 pm

Thank you.

I cancelled my tickets online, hit up CX via Twitter PM, and ended up not paying a cancellation fee, even though the Twitter team said I would have too. Give it a shot.....

beach86 Jan 20, 2019 8:57 pm

I would love to know (as much as were originally sold) how many of these are now being cancelled. I guess CX factored this into their decision making process.

nnn555 Jan 21, 2019 6:46 am

Originally Posted by plunet (Post 30678385)
Expedia might also charge their own admin fee, you would need to look at their own Terms and Conditions for that.

thank you!
i will post if i can change my date

kaka Jan 21, 2019 6:25 pm

talking about contractual obligations only when if suits you.
how interesting.

Short hair Francis Jan 22, 2019 5:48 am

Originally Posted by kaka (Post 30683772)
talking about contractual obligations only when if suits you.
how interesting.

LMAO :D :D :D
That's why I bought C class for that very reason, since I'll probably be making a gazillion changes :p

At least some people are cancelling so we won't be seeing F0 for the next 11 months. :)

Still, this is a nice 2019 gift from CX :p
Better than "Lai See" :D :D :D

pl840502 Jan 23, 2019 8:30 pm

I bought one ticket from DAD to NYC on first. Called Cathay Hong Kong trying to change the date. Even tho I found J+A+A+J class available on expertflyer. It seems if I do direct search on Cathay website or on matrix.itasoftware.com everything appears to be on F. The phone agent also says she couldn’t find it around May, June period...Maybe they pulled A from the system again?

USAIRCHAIRMAN Jan 24, 2019 8:46 pm

If you fill out a contact form they will likely refund you in full. They issued me a separate refund for 2 of my tickets (canceled within 24 hours which they refused to honor originally) but in the reply email said due to the error fare they would be happy to fully refund me

Thank you.