FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Cathay Pacific | Cathay (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-cathay-487/)
-   -   Vietnam to US mistake fare discussion - 2019 Cathay New Year's gift (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-cathay/1948418-vietnam-us-mistake-fare-discussion-2019-cathay-new-years-gift.html)

tboons Dec 10, 2019 6:16 pm

Took the dad-hkg-yvr-jfk flight. Ground staff in dad was awful, not helpful. Ground staff in hkg also not helpful. On board, the cabin crew didn't show that he wanted to be on board. Overall was poor service.

Food was bad as well. Asked if there is ice cream available on hkg-yvr, I was given a scoop of melted ice cream... Terrible.

Thank goodness, yvr crew was great and cheerful! I just really think Cathay service, based on the first two segments, are bad. Certainly the level of consistency is below QR and SQ!

tobikosan Dec 11, 2019 1:29 am

Won’t honor 1st lounge access

In Hkg Wing biz now, bought wife a 1st sfo-Hkg-chc. There is only business Hkg to chc and we had to do 36 hours in Hkg because that was first flight to chc. They would only give us business lounge access saying it was over 24 hours,

brunos Dec 11, 2019 2:36 am

Originally Posted by tobikosan (Post 31828023)
In Hkg Wing biz now, bought wife a 1st sfo-Hkg-chc. There is only business Hkg to chc and we had to do 36 hours in Hkg because that was first flight to chc. They would only give us business lounge access saying it was over 24 hours,

This is not a VN mistake fare which is the topic of this thread.
You could have flown a day later from SFO to have a good connection to CHC.
You chose to have a stopover in HKG and the standard lounge rules apply.

tobikosan Dec 15, 2019 4:48 pm

Was just on a VN mistake fare, which seems to be the topic of this thread, and like many others I chose to not fly the last leg and instead go on to CHC. Wanted to let people know that on my wive's AS mileage ticket which had a 36 hour stopover in HKG she was not given 1st access in HKG for the HKG to CHC part.

Also I have not read this so far in this, the VN mistake fare thread, but after cancelling my HKG to HAN final leg I was refunded just shy of $50.

ernestnywang Dec 15, 2019 7:19 pm

Originally Posted by tobikosan (Post 31843341)
Also I have not read this so far in this, the VN mistake fare thread, but after cancelling my HKG to HAN final leg I was refunded just shy of $50.

That was probably just tax. You should be grateful that CX even allowed this refund.

deadinabsentia Dec 16, 2019 12:05 am

Originally Posted by ernestnywang (Post 31843665)
That was probably just tax. You should be grateful that CX even allowed this refund.

You did it wrong.

Had you gone thru twitter team like everyone else here (and has been posted here) you would have got a full refund.

Often1 Dec 16, 2019 7:06 am

Was just on a VN mistake fare, which seems to be the topic of this thread, and like many others I chose to not fly the last leg and instead go on to CHC. Wanted to let people know that on my wive's AS mileage ticket which had a 36 hour stopover in HKG she was not given 1st access in HKG for the HKG to CHC part.

That is because she had a stopover and not a connection. <=24 hours is a connection and she would have had access. Longer is a stopover and she does not.

This is not new and not odd and has nothing to do with AS. Largely the case for most carriers at most locations.

KARFA Dec 18, 2019 12:30 am

As noted this was a stopover so the agent was entirely correct to refuse access.

https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_...dmittance.html

If you are travelling in different cabin classes within a single ticketed journey (e.g. from Singapore to Hong Kong in Business Class, and a connecting flight to Paris in Premium Economy), we will honour the highest class of travel (Business Class) for lounge entitlement* throughout your whole journey to make it a comfortable one. Please note that this only applies to flights operated by Cathay Pacific and Cathay Dragon.

If your journey involves a stopover, the lounge entitlement will then be honoured according to individual sectors.
https://www.oneworld.com/airport-lounges?location=

Connecting between oneworld marketed and operated flights:
  • First and Business Class customers connecting on the same day of travel, or before 6am the following day, can access the lounge when travelling between an international long haul (a oneworld international long haul flight is defined as an international flight marketed and operated by any oneworld carrier with a scheduled flight time longer than 5 hours) and an international short haul or domestic flight (and vice-versa).

thomas164 Dec 31, 2019 1:05 am

As we are approaching 2020 New Years, let’s see if there is mistake fare again :cool:

percysmith Dec 31, 2019 2:21 am

Originally Posted by thomas164 (Post 31891824)
As we are approaching 2020 New Years, let’s see if there is mistake fare again :cool:

06:00 HK Time tomorrow. Revenue Santa's airborne.

krugmaniac Feb 14, 2020 1:44 pm

Does this break cabotage?
Does ticket #1 have to be a US carrier?

Ticket 1: US to yvr
Ticket 2: yvr - han (Cx)
Ticket 3: han - US (JAL)

all in 3 days, all airside

ernestnywang Feb 14, 2020 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by krugmaniac (Post 32072885)
Does this break cabotage?
Does ticket #1 have to be a US carrier?

Ticket 1: US to yvr
Ticket 2: yvr - han (Cx)
Ticket 3: han - US (JAL)

all in 3 days, all airside

What exactly are you asking? Why does ticket 1 have to be a US carrier.