Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

In Town Check In For US Flights suspended from 26 Oct

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

In Town Check In For US Flights suspended from 26 Oct

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2017, 9:01 pm

HKG check-in and new rules

what time should I arrive for a monday 9:35am flight to JFK in business? 2 hours ok? The new security rules have some short security interview but can't see that adding more than 5 mins

http://www.independent.co.uk/travel/...-a8020266.html

Thx
Old Oct 29, 2017, 10:06 pm

Programs: CX Green | UA Silver | Marriott Lifetime Platinum | Hyatt Globalist | Hilton Gold | AA EXP
Originally Posted by dkc192
The travel alert on CX.com explicitly says that pax may still do OLCI. Also, based on the wording of the statement, pax without checked bags might still be able use their "regular" counters, including the F counters, and be subject to the "interview" at the gate, but I'll let others with first-hand experience chime in. I'm flying HKG-US in F in a few weeks without checked bags and will report back if we haven't heard anything by then.
This sounds similar to the procedure at CDG. When you check in at the airport counter, they ask you random mindless questions. Actually in my case the questions were very similar as above (my title at work, who is the ceo, etc). Once the agent is satisfied, he/she will put a sticker on your passport. Gate agent will look for that sticker - if you don't have the sticker they will interview you at the gate.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 10:13 am
JTK

Programs: AAdvantage EP
When checking in first class at HKIA, they walk you over to the B counter check in. There are first class and business class lines there. The process only took a few minutes but the questions are similar to what they ask at Heathrow if anyone has done that.

I had carry on and decided to check in at the airport just to see what the process was. There is also a secondary questioning at the gate and then the jetbridge inspection. It would add about 15 minutes to a first class pax but I think if checking in Y the line might get long.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 7:03 pm

Programs: IHG Spire, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by garykung
It is definitely a CX issue, as UA has not suspended ITCI.
Just came across this. UA may not have suspended ITCI but have suspended SkyPier passenger acceptance on their flight to Guam.

https://www.cotaiwaterjet.com/latest-news.html
The SkyPier participating Airlines at Hong Kong International Airport update.

Further to the TSA Enhanced Security Measures which will be effective 26 October 2017, Cotai Water Jet have advised by United Airlines (UA) that they will suspend all passenger acceptance for their flight to Guam, UA 116 HKG-GUM from 26 October, 2017 onward.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 9:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by Expat_852
UA may not have suspended ITCI but have suspended SkyPier passenger acceptance on their flight to Guam.
I believe it may have to do with AVSECO rather than UA itself. Why not all flights but just HKG-GUM?
Old Nov 15, 2017, 6:45 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Boarding pass is not available online for this flight. Please collect your boarding pass from the check in desk at the airport. [W12Z00245]

This new stupid thing, or I got SSSSed? Unable to get mobile BP, but kind of looks different from my past SSSS'ed experiences.
It would be major ma fan if I got SSSS as it means I wouldn't get PRE for my onward connection, I'll probably pack/wear differently if that will happen.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 7:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CX Diamond, AA CK (quit 2018), Starwood Platinum, National EXC Elite
Originally Posted by G-CIVC
Boarding pass is not available online for this flight. Please collect your boarding pass from the check in desk at the airport. [W12Z00245]

This new stupid thing, or I got SSSSed? Unable to get mobile BP, but kind of looks different from my past SSSS'ed experiences.
It would be major ma fan if I got SSSS as it means I wouldn't get PRE for my onward connection, I'll probably pack/wear differently if that will happen.
24 hours before flight? OLCI opens 48 hours before, but BP only available 24 hours before. If using app, and inside 24 hours, ignore message and see if it works. I did my flights - outbound on 9th (ex US) and return on 14th and it worked fine. Got the ‘security’ theatre 🎭 ex HKG though.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 9:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist

I had a similar issue with my flight on Monday. I did not end up getting SSSS and was able to issue a mobile/online BP after checking in at the airport. Go figure...
Old Nov 16, 2017, 3:51 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Yes indeed, I am able to get a BP with PRE for my onward connecting AA flight on the same PNR. This would suggest that the HK-US flight is not SSSS. Weird.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 3:52 am

Hi G-CIVC,

Did you have any issues with this flight when you got to the airport? I'm getting the same error code (W12Z00245) when trying to check in online for tomorrow's PER->HKG->HEL->UK. PER doesn't seem to allow mobile boarding passes, but as far as I can see does permit "print at home" ones. Obviously I'm not going to (or via) the US.

Rang CX who could see no problem with the e-ticket, but it always rings a slight alarm bell when online check-in fails! Think I will just get to the airport as soon as check-in opens there tomorrow.
Old May 3, 2018, 3:56 pm

Quick question. I will be flying HKG/ORD in F on CX on Oct.24, 2018. Is this ban on in town check in still in force?
Old May 3, 2018, 4:45 pm

Programs: MPC Diamond
It was as of mid-April
Old May 3, 2018, 5:37 pm

Originally Posted by jmj9905
Quick question. I will be flying HKG/ORD in F on CX on Oct.24, 2018. Is this ban on in town check in still in force?
Yes it is according to the CX website:

https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_...departure.html
Old May 3, 2018, 6:28 pm

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by jmj9905
The class flown doesn't matter. Everyone has to go to the airport. Although it could be lifted by then, your flight is a long way away, unfortunately it's not up to CX. All "credit" for this awesome arrangement goes to the very well thought-out and remarkably consistent policies of the US and A. (Sarcasm alert).
tentseller and royng like this.
Old May 3, 2018, 6:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by QRC3288
The class flown doesn't matter. Everyone has to go to the airport. Although it could be lifted by then, your flight is a long way away, unfortunately it's not up to CX. All "credit" for this awesome arrangement goes to the very well thought-out and remarkably consistent policies of the US and A. (Sarcasm alert).
doesnt sq/ua?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.