Wiki Posts
Search

Krug Champagne off my F flight

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2017, 7:16 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by christep
Absurd suggestion. Restaurants run out of items all the time. This is nothing to do with trade descriptions.

Now, if they bring you a Krug bottle and pour cheap prosecco from it then that would be a matter for them, but that's quite different!

(Or for that matter an Evian bottle that has been refilled from the aircraft tank...)
but clearly its possible to rectify when its 1sept. Its not like its, say, they ran out on 10set
Old Oct 6, 2017, 7:20 am
Suspended

Programs: None any more
Yes it is, but it's clearly not illegal not to do so.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 7:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by kaka
but clearly its possible to rectify when its 1sept. Its not like its, say, they ran out on 10set
I didn't fly to LAX in Sept (I flew there in August), but I did SFO in Sept in F. It was still Tattinger.....but honestly not something to get in a tizzy over!! Even though I'm the idiot who started this thread. ....

Can never be sure if CX's motives, but I've had plenty of Krug in my life and dare I say it's a nice chance of pace!
Old Oct 15, 2017, 2:04 am

Programs: Some
Going the other direction from losing Krug - just boarded the delayed CX549 to HKG and very pleasantly surprised to see the Champagne in F is Taittinger Comtes Des Champagne 2006!
Old Oct 16, 2017, 5:36 pm

Programs: Cathay MPC, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Domestic Airline Nobody
CX807 ORD to HKG was Krug. October 14.

I had it often throughout the flight as there was only one disgusting Chardonnay on the flight and no other wine that I like. So it is what I had with every meal. :-)
Old Oct 21, 2017, 2:28 am

Programs: CX Diamond / SQ Gold / Bonvoy Platinum / Hyatt Globalist / Hilton Gold
HKG JFK today.
Krug Grand Cuvée back on board!
Old Oct 21, 2017, 2:55 am

Programs: CX - DM; Hilton - Diamond, Marriott - Titanium
The SP on my flight (LAX-HKG) the other day told me Taittinger is only being served on LAX, SFO and ZRH for longhaul. Anyone who flew on ZRH can verify?
Old Oct 21, 2017, 8:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by HKGglobaltrotter
The SP on my flight (LAX-HKG) the other day told me Taittinger is only being served on LAX, SFO and ZRH for longhaul. Anyone who flew on ZRH can verify?
I haven't done ZRH this year, but I've down JFK once, LAX twice and SFO once in F since August. Both LAX and the SFO sectors had Tattinger Comtes de Champagne 2006. JFK had Krug. I found the Tattinger a lovely change of pace.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 8:13 am

Programs: CX Diamond, AA Gold, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by HKGglobaltrotter
I flew Zurich - JFK F on 10/3. No Krug
Old Oct 22, 2017, 6:39 pm

Programs: CX MPO DM, Le Club Accor Platinum, World of Hyatt Explorist
Is Krug really that important? I would think a 2006 Taittinger Comtes de Champagne would be generally viewed as something better than a non-vintage Krug. Price wise aren't they both on the same price point?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.