FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Cathay Pacific | Cathay (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-cathay-487/)
-   -   Krug Champagne off my F flight (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-cathay/1857962-krug-champagne-off-my-f-flight.html)

QRC3288 Aug 1, 2017 3:34 am

Krug Champagne off my F flight

August 1 to LAX, my F champagne is Tattinger Comtes des Champagne 2006.

I know there's another thread about champagne changes regionally. I haven't flown regionally this month yet but I don't recall Krug being removed from long-haul F except for around 2008-2010 period when they had Deutz Blanc de Blanc.

Anyway thought folks here might be interested. Mods if this should be merged / moved elsewhere feel free.

percysmith Aug 1, 2017 4:07 am

Actually good news for me. I don't do well after >1 flute of Krug, regardless of being in the air on the ground. My last F resulted in me swapping my Krug for someone's Billecart in the back.

G-CIVC Aug 1, 2017 4:16 am

Less clickbait for the bloggers...

Psychiatrist Aug 1, 2017 7:31 am

Oh there was Krug on HND flights 2 weeks ago ...

clazza Aug 1, 2017 3:53 pm

Just came off the Boston flight and Krug was available both ways

hermanc Aug 1, 2017 5:15 pm

Was on a flight to LAX this past weekend and Krug was served.

QRC3288 Aug 1, 2017 5:40 pm

It's an August 1 menu change. My guess is you guys were on July flights?

Brilliantly I didn't keep or snap pictures of the menu.

clazza Aug 1, 2017 5:47 pm

My flight was Aug 1 at 0145...took some pics of the menu but unfortunately it didnt capture the month - guess its possible that it was a July menu

QRC3288 Aug 1, 2017 9:05 pm

Originally Posted by clazza (Post 28636181)
My flight was Aug 1 at 0145...took some pics of the menu but unfortunately it didnt capture the month - guess its possible that it was a July menu

Yea those menus come with the inbound flight and I think the early morning returns are always a day delayed (aka, they follow the date of the plane leaving HK). So I'm guessing it would've been July menu.

The ISM told me it was a "new" champagne for this month. She is HK based. So I don't think it's specific to CX882. I'm just curious if it's only a few routes where Krug is being removed longhaul (say, North America), or if it's systemwide.

FlyPointyEnd Aug 2, 2017 8:00 am

Originally Posted by Psychiatrist (Post 28633735)
Oh there was Krug on HND flights 2 weeks ago ...

HND never had Krug...it has always been Amour de Duetz

G-CIVC Aug 2, 2017 8:11 am

According to an FA friend of mine, it's a temporary shortage, Krug is still here to stay, and...

Originally Posted by FlyPointyEnd (Post 28638297)
HND never had Krug...it has always been Amour de Duetz

HND F gets Krug, beginning last month :)

It seems like the Comtes is featured on select flights only. Who knows what CX catering is doing...same for Sauternes in J...

FlyPointyEnd Aug 2, 2017 8:18 am

Originally Posted by G-CIVC (Post 28638335)
According to an FA friend of mine, it's a temporary shortage, Krug is still here to stay, and...

It seems like the Comtes is featured on select flights only. Who knows what CX catering is doing...same for Sauternes in J...

I guess I need to upgrade my flights to HND then...lol

Mr. Strong Aug 2, 2017 8:26 am

I had Krug on HKG-ZRH and ZRH-HKG flights last week and the week prior.

As an aside, F service on ZRH-HKG was pretty pathetic...lazy ISM and both FAs lacked hospitality skills. F cabin was full for ZRH-HKG.

agjil Aug 2, 2017 10:07 am

Originally Posted by G-CIVC (Post 28638335)

Are the other intra-Asia F flights getting Krug as well?
e.g.) SIN, BKK, CGK, etc

Guy Betsy Aug 2, 2017 11:56 am

The Tattinger Comtes des Champagne 2006 is a much better champagne as its Blanc dd Blanc as opposed to mixed....