Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Dec Cathay Discovery in-flight mag: name of Japanese city?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2016, 7:47 pm
Original Poster

Somewhat odd request, but hoping someone who reads the Discovery December edition can help me out..

In this month's edition, the cover features a Fukuoka city, along w/a spotlight on Japanese samurais. The author of the story stayed in a Fukuoka village, that I'd love to get the name of.

I made a mental note last week whilst enroute SFO-HKG, to snapshot that page, but I completely forgot.

So, if anyone reads Discovery this month, spots the main story and can remember which city/village in Fukuoka that the writer stayed at, do let me know! I've always wanted to visit Fukuoka, hence the request for that village name
Old Dec 26, 2016, 9:06 pm

Programs: BA Gold / O6 Diamond
The village mentioned in the article is Kitsuki in Oita Prefecture - it's around 2 hours from Fukuoka.

If you have an iPad, you can download the Discovery Magazine app and you can read the article to your heart's content - link below. I don't think there's an android app for the magazine. Happy to send you a scanned copy of the article if you don't own an iPad - just drop me PM.

https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/cx-d...ry/id545892116
Old Dec 29, 2016, 11:08 pm
Original Poster

perfect... just what I was looking for. Thanks a bunch!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.