CX "DH" fares to CRK

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2016, 2:27 am
Original Poster

CX "DH" fares to CRK

not sure what to make of this.

https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_...hong-kong.html

not OFW but DH specifically.

only now do i realize that it must be a big market.

how different is this concept from balesin "nanny menu"? that was a minor brouhaha.

but hey if yaya can fly CX instead of 5J, all the best to yaya. (nanny).

Last edited by ramondelapaz; Dec 27, 2016 at 2:35 am
Old Dec 27, 2016, 7:22 am

Let's see if they follow up with some special gweilo fares too.
Old Dec 27, 2016, 10:32 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
I think dh as a whole has higher % than other non chinese foreigners in hk. And each needing to fly once every 2 years so not a bad way to fill up the bus...
Old Dec 27, 2016, 3:39 pm

Programs: CX MPO DM, Le Club Accor Platinum, World of Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by ramondelapaz
not sure what to make of this.

https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_...hong-kong.html

not OFW but DH specifically.

only now do i realize that it must be a big market.

how different is this concept from balesin "nanny menu"? that was a minor brouhaha.

but hey if yaya can fly CX instead of 5J, all the best to yaya. (nanny).
For those unfamiliar with the Balesin "Yaya menu". Balesin is a private members only resort island a few minutes away by plane from Manila. In 2015 there someone posted how the resort discriminates against nannies when they offer "Yaya" meals. It went viral forcing the resort to issue a response. The person also later clarified that it wasn't the nanny who was stopped from ordering from the regular menu but her mom who was prohibited from ordering from the yaya menu.

Like what Kaka mentioned above Filipinos compose a big majority of domestic helpers in HK, so it is natural for CX to target this market. If you noticed this is also offered on the HK website (and not the PH website) perhaps because most if not all the travels done by domestic helpers are paid by employers, hence it makes sense to target the employers to pick CX/KA.

KA flights to Clark is also good for people living in Northern and Central Luzon, in fact even those who live in the northern parts of Metro Manila might want to look at CRK as an option to avoid the Metro Manila traffic. KA service to Clark isn't much different from 5J except maybe for the bottled water and Kee Wah cookies. KA operates a mono-class 320, so there's no premium service on those flights.
Old Dec 29, 2016, 5:43 am
Original Poster

ah makes sense, dragon air is serving a completely different market segment.
Old Dec 29, 2016, 8:51 pm

Programs: CX Green | Marriott Lifetime Platinum | Hyatt Globalist | Hilton Gold | AA EXP
Originally Posted by FlyPointyEnd
If you noticed this is also offered on the HK website (and not the PH website) perhaps because most if not all the travels done by domestic helpers are paid by employers, hence it makes sense to target the employers to pick CX/KA.
I wonder if employment agencies get kickback from CX if they book these DH fares?

Not sure about flights to MNL but I check the flights to CGK. Some are definitely cheap but many are essentially the same as regular fares. I can't find the booking codes but presumably these DH fares are more restrictive (say not upgradeable to J ) so I'm not sure what's the real benefit ...
Old Dec 30, 2016, 2:29 am

Programs: CX MPO DM, Le Club Accor Platinum, World of Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by Rivarix
I wonder if employment agencies get kickback from CX if they book these DH fares?

Not sure about flights to MNL but I check the flights to CGK. Some are definitely cheap but many are essentially the same as regular fares. I can't find the booking codes but presumably these DH fares are more restrictive (say not upgradeable to J ) so I'm not sure what's the real benefit ...
I think these are online fares, so I'm not sure if agencies can get any form of incentive from CX.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.