Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Glad to be back on CX - comparison with QR

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Glad to be back on CX - comparison with QR

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2017, 8:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: CX MPO DM, Le Club Accor Platinum, World of Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by mel737
I understand that QR have 24 seats in their High den 77W, they goes flat (like standard 77W or 77L), the problem is, you said it didn't go flat? That means your seat is broken.
The bottom part of the seat doesn't really go flat. It slopes down slightly, I didn't like that feeling that my feet were sloping down. Different from both Cirrus and Super Diamond, that has an ottoman to serve as a foot rest.

About B/E Super Diamond, some airline, like QR and AA, got a big discount on this seat, so they pick this rather than Zodiac Cirrus.
Yes, plus Zodiac seem to have serious delivery issues. Personally I didn't like that both the screen and table cannot be stowed away like those of Cirrus.
Old Jan 2, 2017, 7:59 pm

I appreciate your flying cam sum up to MPC DM.
I understand that QR have 24 seats in their High den 77W, they goes flat (like standard 77W or 77L), the problem is, you said it didn't go flat? That means your seat is broken.
About B/E Super Diamond, some airline, like QR and AA, got a big discount on this seat, so they pick this rather than Zodiac Cirrus.
Let's talk about Al Mourjan DOH. No more Krug available from Sep 2016 (visited prior to SYD in A380 F, still in Al Safwa though) and I've heard some flyers said Al Mourjan cut back their a la carte menu few weeks ago as well, QR still claim this is the ultimate lounge? I think QR have to open to OW Emerald in Y and upgraded pax(they can't access Al Mourjan) as well.
The QR 777 seat goes flat, but because of the design of the footrest it is a little lower than the rest of the seat. It doesn't bother me but it is noticeable.

The big problem i have with the Super Diamond seat v Cirrus is the cramped foot area and the lack of padding under the screen. It is quite easy to smack your shins on the underside. Still, its nitpicking on the two best J seats in the sky. I think the new generation Cirrus on the A350 is the current leader.

QR's lounges are a huge disappointment compared to what they used to have and not a patch on CX.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.