Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Ex-TPE and checking luggage at Airport Express

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2016, 12:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: CX Diamond, BA Gold, *A Silver, Accor Diamond

I use the ex-TPE flights very often and when I fly HKG-TPE on AM, turnaround in TPE and come back on a revenue ticket to HKG and onwards to my final destination, I check in at the first class counters at the airport and my luggage stays in HKG (ie doesn't go to TPE and back) and just gets put on the HKG-YVR flight that I'm taking. That's never been a problem.
This weekend I'm going to check in at Airport Express and then go do a few things in town before going to the airport. Has anyone had any experience of checking in their luggage at Airport Express, doing an ex-TPE as above, and getting their luggage loaded only on the final flight of the three that they're taking that day. If it works at Airport Express, it's definitely the easiest thing to do; otherwise it's just a trip to the airport in the morning to check all the luggage in and then hop back into town.
Old Dec 12, 2016, 12:44 am
Suspended

Programs: None any more
It was a few years ago, but I definitely recall doing that at HK Station check-in when I was doing a MNL turnround before going off somewhere long-haul. So I don't think it will be a problem.
Old Dec 12, 2016, 12:53 am

Programs: CX MPO DM, Le Club Accor Platinum, World of Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by Moscowflyer
I use the ex-TPE flights very often and when I fly HKG-TPE on AM, turnaround in TPE and come back on a revenue ticket to HKG and onwards to my final destination, I check in at the first class counters at the airport and my luggage stays in HKG (ie doesn't go to TPE and back) and just gets put on the HKG-YVR flight that I'm taking. That's never been a problem.
This weekend I'm going to check in at Airport Express and then go do a few things in town before going to the airport. Has anyone had any experience of checking in their luggage at Airport Express, doing an ex-TPE as above, and getting their luggage loaded only on the final flight of the three that they're taking that day. If it works at Airport Express, it's definitely the easiest thing to do; otherwise it's just a trip to the airport in the morning to check all the luggage in and then hop back into town.
I did that the last time in September at IFC in-town check in, no problem.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 1:05 am
Original Poster

Very helpful up-to-date information - thanks!
Old Jan 2, 2017, 8:35 pm
Original Poster

Just to update this: worked absolutely fine. Me to Taipei, back to Hong Kong and on to Vancouver - bags just to Vancouver!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.