Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Turning around in CMB? (CX611/610)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2016, 11:29 pm

Programs: BA(GGL) QF LTS CX AM, Hilton Diamond, PPL(A)
Originally Posted by QRC3288
What?! You had a CX check-in agent give you grief about where your ticket originated?! That's incredible. What a joke.

I would love them to try that stunt; if the situation permitted, I would be thrilled to cancel the ticket on the spot and book on a competitor. I've bought some CX tickets from Taipei before to North America - usually discounted J in I or D, although I've also paid full freight J too. I think if this was the case, I'd cancel my CX trip right there on the spot and rebook on BR in J class. And I'd do it from my mobile in front of the check-in agent. I'd happily pay more for the pleasure. I can't believe a check-in agent gave you grief. WHen did this happen?

I assumed they don't care where the ticket is sold; it's filling metal, and I doubt someone going to an outport is really cannibalizing ex-HKG revenues. I can't believe they gave you a lecture on a ticket they themselves sold you. Who cares the price. Unbelievably arrogant.
Think with that is the CX Agent probably wouldn't care.. won't affect his comp in any way!
Old Nov 6, 2016, 11:31 pm

Originally Posted by carmy
I'm just GO, so maybe that makes a difference? Might be a different guy, but both times I had a skinny HK male checkin agent at Hong Kong station. This happened just two weeks ago, and March earlier this year.

What was surprising was how unhelpful the agent at the Wing J was. He just repeatedly said he cannot print boarding passes, and told me to do it myself at the PCs downstairs. When I told him I was leaving CMB and needed the actual boarding pass, he just flat out refused. He's a slightly plump (by Asian standards) HK male at the Wing J lounge.

Anyway, my point is that it may not always be possible to pick up your BP at HKG. It just depends on how lazy or hardworking the agent is feeling that particular day.
Maybe the Wing can't, but you the counters outside in the check-in hall should be able to (used to use the F check in counters)
Old Jan 15, 2017, 10:53 am
Original Poster

Last week I received the below notification from CX:

"Cathay Pacific is advising the check-in time at Colombo International Airport (CMB) will be revised during 06JAN-05APR17 due to airport runway construction.

Cathay Pacific check-in counters will be closed 90 minutes before Schedule time of departure."

Will this affect my planned turnaround at CMB later this month?
Old Jan 16, 2017, 2:17 am

i'm doing this this weekend

i plan to get my return boarding pass issued in HKG
Old Jan 16, 2017, 7:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ermen
i'm doing this this weekend

i plan to get my return boarding pass issued in HKG
I'll do that on 24 Jan. Please let us know if you can get the boarding passes in HKG.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 9:45 pm

Originally Posted by anthonywong
I'll do that on 24 Jan. Please let us know if you can get the boarding passes in HKG.
i got it done in Jan.
Looking to book a trip in Oct.
Hopefully can be done then too.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 4:47 am

Hi guys,
just wondering is this still do-able or not possible?
Planning for my trip soon to reach platinum tier.
thanks.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 4:02 am

return BP still doable
Old Feb 18, 2019, 10:15 pm

Programs: Qantas (Lifetime Gold), PAL (Elite), British Airways (now sadly blue), Cathay MPO DM
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
I do. It's free, takes <5 minutes, and simply puts your visa in the Immigration computers just in case you want to enter. The way I look at it, it keeps open for me the possibility of visiting the checkin desks for any one of a number of reasons. If I don't use it, I don't use it.
How do you get a free Sri Lanka visa?
Old Feb 18, 2019, 10:16 pm

Programs: Qantas (Lifetime Gold), PAL (Elite), British Airways (now sadly blue), Cathay MPO DM
I can certainly confirm the setup in the airport is the same. Co-mingling of arriving and departing flights makes this very easy.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 10:51 pm

Originally Posted by fairhsa
How do you get a free Sri Lanka visa?
apply online?
but free visa is only for transit - ie AAA > CMB > CCC
technically turnaround does not qualify for transit visa
Old Feb 19, 2019, 9:00 pm

Programs: CX Diamond / OWE
Originally Posted by a_man_usia
Hi guys,
just wondering is this still do-able or not possible?
Planning for my trip soon to reach platinum tier.
thanks.
I just did a turnaround in CMB yesterday and it went well. As many have mentioned above, the trick is to get the physical boarding pass (CMB > HKG) when you check-in at HK airport. If you don't get that boarding pass then you will have to go to the transit desk and try your luck.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 9:08 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by flubber
I just did a turnaround in CMB yesterday and it went well. As many have mentioned above, the trick is to get the physical boarding pass (CMB > HKG) when you check-in at HK airport. If you don't get that boarding pass then you will have to go to the transit desk and try your luck.
How difficult was it for you to get the boarding pass in HKG?
Old Feb 19, 2019, 9:37 pm

Programs: CX Diamond / OWE
Originally Posted by sxc
How difficult was it for you to get the boarding pass in HKG?
I checked-in with my friend who is a DM so I think that helped!
Old Feb 20, 2019, 2:14 am

Online check in/boarding pass?

I have not done a turnaround in CMB for a while.

I have been wondering if online check in or printing out an online boarding pass is still not an option!

Thanks
Carfield

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.