Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2016, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Eagle2000
This thread is for specific A350 discussion.

For discussion regarding the A350-1000 please discuss here:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-marco-polo-club/1909549-a350-1000-general-discussion.html

Seating Guide
A350 Seating Guide

Routes to be serviced by A350:
Cathay Pacific full fleet and route guide (search for 35G for A350): Cathay Pacific Fleet, Route and Configuration Guide
Useful thread: New route speculation for Cathay

Already operating or confirmed (date of commencement)
Amsterdam
Auckland
Barcelona
Brisbane
Brussels
Capetown
Christchurch
Dublin
Frankfurt (March 31, 2019)
London Gatwick
Madrid
Manchester
Melbourne
Newark
Paris
Perth
Rome
San Francisco
Seattle (March 31, 2019)
Toronto (Su,W,F Oct 31 2019)
Tel Aviv
Vancouver
Washington DC
Zurich (March 31, 2019)
​​​​​​

Existing routes, speculated future equipment change to A350
Chicago
Milan
Los Angeles

Speculated future routes
Print Wikipost

A350 general discussion

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2018, 5:19 pm

Programs: AA, CX, Hyatt, Marriott
Recently did my first long haul J in 359 with seat 18K (2 windows). Even though it seemed quite close to toilet, the privacy is still great. Only downside is it takes a while to get meal.

Have to be honest it isn't as good as 77W seats, but the IFE controller is definitely a step up from the old one. One of the J toilets was broken as well.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 12:16 pm

Location: California, USA / Tokyo, Japan / Manila, Philippines
Programs: AA / CX MPO AM / Hyatt Discoverist / Marriott Platinum / Shangri-La
Originally Posted by swingaling
The PEY seats have huge recline (more than the 77H) and are overall very comfortable. They feel ever so slightly narrower than the equivalent seats in the 77H, but were totally fine for me. Larger people may feel a little squished.

The real downside to PEY seats on the A350 is the fact that when the person in front of you is fully reclined, it is difficult to get out of your seat. The immovable armrests make it impossible to slide into the aisle seat (from the window), so one almost has to grab on to the seat rest in front of you to actually climb out. The 77H does not have the same issue, likely because it has less recline.
These were exact observations as wells. Finally had my first 350s since i changed my schedule for this trip (from early mornings to noon time).

On PE (31A), folks seems to have a hard time getting the tray table up (most were looking for the hook to pull out; the table is actually easier to pull out as you push a button to release it and it slides out).

On J (19K), i also find the cabin more quiet and the IFE is a lot better than the 77W. The overhead bin appears little harder to reach than the 77W. That does give a big open space feel. I also think the mini cabin is better on the 77W than the 350 being that

MNL seems to be getting these 350s more often except again in the early morning flight out (which i assumed were parked the night before).
Old Jun 10, 2018, 8:59 am

Programs: MPC-DM, Enrich-Plat
Bumping this thread.

Today, i was on RLE and the J seats are really deteriorating. The "moving" parts on the side of the chair, were all "Out of order", or better said: Just put loosely on top . The seat bottom cushion completely flattened, effectively sitting on the uneven flatbed underneath the cushion. The finish of the side table is curling up around the circumference, as if, water ingresses when being cleaned, the headphone did not work properly, the remote control got stuck in its mounting, the screen being wobbly on its mounting, the seat suddenly sliding down uncommanded, the overhead light out of function, the overhead luggage compartment making creaking sounds, when opening and closing, the far end of the table sagging down.

I seldom complain, though I seriously do hope, this aircraft will get a complete make-over of the J-seats.

Nice and helpful crew. Food was good (though hindu meal is always good, so to say).
Old Jun 10, 2018, 9:11 am

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF Gold
Poor Y seat

Just got off CX716 SIN-HKG in (wh)Y and must say I did not like the seat at all. Found it too stiff and with not enough padding. Also too narrow.

Sitting in an old (?) KA A330 taxiing on the way to Beijing and must say this seat feels a lot more comfy.

How can this this sort of regression be allowed?
HarbourGent likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2018, 9:28 am

Programs: MPC-DM, Enrich-Plat
Originally Posted by NetJets Germany
Just got off CX716 SIN-HKG in (wh)Y and must say I did not like the seat at all. Found it too stiff and with not enough padding. Also too narrow.

Sitting in an old (?) KA A330 taxiing on the way to Beijing and must say this seat feels a lot more comfy.

I can't tell about your (wh)Y seat, though the J-seat is obviously missing the important stage between development and production: That is called engineering. In that stage, a company takes the newly developed product and starts engineering out all design quirks which make production expensive, aspects which reduce durability, enhance tolerance resilience, reduces usefulness of the product, etc.

That is how it is supposed to work in the (semi-) large scale production industry. Without this engineering phase, production costs get out of control and products do fail in operations, in huge quantities. Look at the military, where this phase is also often skipped, with the argument, the equipment has a low usage.

Or so to say, this redesigned J-seat simply got not the time it needed to become a mature product. Pulled out of development and send straight into production, because of commercial contracts.
Old Jun 10, 2018, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by NetJets Germany

because SQ and EK have used the thin seats for years 2006/while CX went with thick ( double padding), even in their 2012 revamp of KA and Long haul and CX was not rewarded for it....
this is how businesses work,no point spending extra and carrying extra weight if customers are not going to reward you for the added cost

The new seats are all single padding.

on the plus side KA will have the best economy seats in the CX network!
sscywong likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 5:06 am

I just flew in Y in a 350 from Seoul to hkg yesterday. Seat 40H. The seat was terrible. Thin I can live with, but every time the lady behind did something with her table I could feel it through my back. And it did that thing the shell seat did which is the bottom slides out a bit so you end up slouching. In the upright position it’s unbearably uncomfortable. There was nothing supporting my lower back and the back is very upright. I took the 777 (I think) on the way there with the old Y seats and it was much more comfy.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 10:54 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
B-LRD. A plane that’s less than 2 years old.

Old Jul 16, 2018, 5:24 am

Programs: Marco Polo Club, KF
Originally Posted by sxc
B-LRD. A plane that’s less than 2 years old
Yes, the bathrooms across the fleet are in a poor state and frequently out of service, even on long haul. Zodiac strikes again...I'm also really unimpressed with the IFE audio across all 3 classes. Constant problems with trying to get the headphone pins perfectly aligned in order to deliver sound to both ears, avoid ear splitting distortion etc.
Old Aug 5, 2018, 7:54 am

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
What are the views on Exit Row Seating on the A350? I've booked LGW-BNE/MEL-LGW during the current sale to avoid the densified 777s.

I've flown one sector on the A350 before (LGW-HKG non exit row ) and found it really comfortable, but this time the timing of the LGW arrival means I'm going to have to work that day, so I want to be as rested as possible. (Ok, I may work from home, but I still need to be awake during business hours!!)

When purchasing the tickets I had the option to buy the exit rows. On the final sector, only 59BC were left as pair. I use an inflatable foot rest when I travel. My concern is if I have that out in front of me when people are queuing up for the toilets, somebody may trip over my legs. Or do I have my Health and Safety hat on too tight. I'm guessing I have to call now if I want to buy those seats as there doesn't seem to be a way of doing it online?

Just an aside, when I last booked sale fares to Oz a couple of years ago, when the transaction completed and I got the confirmation email we had been auto-allocated seats - visible on the receipt. This didn't happen this time. Have they left sale fares to the last minute leftovers at check-in time? What chance that I would be split from my partner? It's only the exit rows we can currently select and pay for in advance isn't it? I can't select an ordinary seat for purchase can I?
Old Aug 8, 2018, 5:46 am

Could anyone recommend either the aisle or window (32H or K are the only available seats left) in PEY on the 359? Also, do the headphones use the standard 3.5mm jack or am I stuck with the provided headphones? Thanks.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 1:43 pm

Programs: CX GO, AC Aeroplan 25K, AMEX PLAT, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire Amb
Originally Posted by Keegan Sim
Could anyone recommend either the aisle or window (32H or K are the only available seats left) in PEY on the 359? Also, do the headphones use the standard 3.5mm jack or am I stuck with the provided headphones? Thanks.
Aisle or window is a personal choice, but with the increased legroom it should be easier to get out even from the window seat.

The headphones are the J style over ear headphones which uses the 2-leg plug.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 11:16 am

Programs: CX DM, SPG Pt, Le Club Accor GO, Shangri-La GC Jade
Just flew A359, got op-up from Y (G seat) to PEY (F seat)… I really can't say it's comfortable... It's as "wide" as the Y seat on A333, and without a pillow I really can't seat comfortably in the new 359 PEY....

But really like the storage spaces it has
Old Aug 14, 2018, 8:34 pm

Flew from JFK-DOH and DOH-JFK on A359, I would have to stay the flight was very comfortable and roomy for my height of 6ft. I have flown on A380 and 787 and A350 is the most roomy and leg space(no IFE box). Also the service was top notch for Y class too. I noticed that center bathrooms are bigger then the side bathrooms.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 6:50 am

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
A350 or 777 in terms of business class BED comfort specifically.

Hello, I wonder if you can help me out. I'm trying to decide whether to go for the A350 or the 777 on the LON-HGK route for myself & my elderly parents in business class.
I have read a bunch of reviews and watched some video reviews but none I've found really deal with this specific issue so well.

Which is more comfortable when configured as a bed ?
Is there a difference in the space available for your feet in the cubby hole ?

Is this space for your feet different when taking a seat row with a bulkhead infront of you (which is better - bulkhead or standard) ?

Thankyou in advance of your time & help.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.