Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Revamped CX Taipei lounge NOW OPEN!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2017, 12:36 am

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by baclubflyer
Bump - does any one know if shower facilities exist in TPE?
No showers.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 7:52 am

Programs: AA UA DL AS CXDM JL NH Hilton Hyatt Marriott SPG IHG
Originally Posted by baclubflyer
Bump - does any one know if shower facilities exist in TPE?
If you got plenty of time in between and don't think it a bother to come out, you can board the hotel shuttle to nearby Novotel and pay NT$500 to use their fitness facility for one day. They do have nice showers, pools, and treadmills, etc.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 2:53 am

Programs: CX DM, Watsons Wine Burgundy
There is a plaza premium lounge too.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 11:14 pm

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Drinkable wine in a CX lounge

Saw Chapoutier Cotes du Rhone Belleruche 2015 in Taipei today. Well done! (also: totally possible this has been around for a while, I just never noticed it before).

Strawberry, decently-rounded, some acidity, completely suitable wine. A totally lovely drinking wine that can accompany a variety of foods, given my low standards as frequent CX flier. This isn't a home run but value for money yes yes it's there. This $10 bottle is hands down better than some of the heavily-marketed New World garbage you can buy for 5x that amount. I don't know if CX just got lucky here, no idea who buys the Taipei wine, but pleased to see.

If someone put a little thought into the CX wine lists they could stretch the budget a **lot** farther with perhaps just a 10-20% increase in price paid (however, if they insist on paying $2 a bottle, well then you're screwed, period). I'm growing more optimistic after seeing and tasting the wine lists for the new J class a la carte catering. Definite, definite improvement both in price paid (higher) and value received (a lot higher). I don't need them to break the bank, just pay a little more and put a lot more thought into it so they get way more value.

Southern Rhone is generally the right place to be looking for good value.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.