FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Cathay Pacific | Cathay (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-cathay-487/)
-   -   Revamped CX Taipei lounge NOW OPEN! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-cathay/1723643-revamped-cx-taipei-lounge-now-open.html)

SinoBritAsia Nov 10, 2015 9:07 pm

Revamped CX Taipei lounge NOW OPEN!

CX just did a Periscope broadcast. Looks nice... that's all I know.

Cathay Boy Nov 10, 2015 9:12 pm

Originally Posted by SinoBritAsia (Post 25695199)
CX just did a Periscope broadcast. Looks nice... that's all I know.

Wow already? Original posting said early December. They must have worked quick or underestimated the efficiency of Taiwanese workers.

HarbourGent Nov 11, 2015 1:55 am

I passed by at the weekend and the sign on the door said the "grand opening" would be at 5 p.m. today (11 November).

Cathay Boy Nov 11, 2015 8:51 am

Originally Posted by HarbourGent (Post 25695932)
I passed by at the weekend and the sign on the door said the "grand opening" would be at 5 p.m. today (11 November).

Say bye bye to First Class Lounge (nothing special before anyway), and I hope it's nice and spacious and not cramped.

maortega15 Nov 11, 2015 9:04 am

Originally Posted by Cathay Boy (Post 25697170)
Say bye bye to First Class Lounge (nothing special before anyway), and I hope it's nice and spacious and not cramped.

Official photos have been released.

And since you hate the previous Solus chair design, they have released a new Solus chair which I hope pleases you this time around! :D

Maxxis Nov 11, 2015 9:30 pm

More pictures of the new lounge

http://travel.ettoday.net/album.php?...=6711&index=16

steve76 Nov 11, 2015 10:46 pm

Looks like I missed it by a couple of days, arghh. I was directed to use the Trans Asia lounge next door, which was pretty pathetic.

kaka Nov 11, 2015 11:25 pm

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 7_0_2 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0 Mobile/11A501 Safari/9537.53)

Originally Posted by maortega15

Originally Posted by Cathay Boy (Post 25697170)

Official photos have been released.

And since you hate the previous Solus chair design, they have released a new Solus chair which I hope pleases you this time around! :D

U mean the model

gpen1827 Nov 13, 2015 2:41 am

Is this lounge open for arriving passengers in J?

ChrisLi Nov 13, 2015 7:58 pm

Originally Posted by gpen1827 (Post 25706628)

No. This is for departure use only.

KrazyTrain18 Nov 15, 2015 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by gpen1827 (Post 25706628)

No only TPE departing passengers & connecting passengers eligible.

jiaotze Nov 16, 2015 6:30 am

I'm not much of a photographer so I didn't take pics, but I spent about an hour in the new TPE lounge yesterday and found it excellent. The style is very clubby, and shares the same style as The Pier and is also along the lines of the BKK lounge. It has many more food offerings than the old lounge and the bar is great. It is definitely an upgrade from the old lounge.

The lounge seems larger than it used to be (even taking into account the old F space). It would have been nice if they could have put in a couple of showers, but they may only be doing showers in their flagship lounges in HKG.

hsumh316 Nov 21, 2015 5:37 pm

Currently in the lounge. It is very nice and spacious. Not a lot of people though. Most of us are in the dining area next to the noodle bar. I took some pics and will post when I get some time. Worth a visit.

longliveKA Nov 22, 2015 2:25 am

Very nice lounge. However the spread of newspapers and magazines has been "enhanced" away. The new reading material selection is ridiculous.

Sohoboy Dec 1, 2015 12:04 am

The bar is very spacious and it's very comfortable to enjoy couple of drinks before flight. They have good selection of spirits which are as good as the Pier First Lounge. ^