Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Revamped CX Taipei lounge NOW OPEN!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2015, 2:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM
The backups at T1 and T2 these days start largely in the security line. The lines can stretch on and on and wind about back and forth. The huge increase in cross-strait flights in the past few years has inundated the airport, which clearly can't handle the amount of passengers at certain times, especially early morning.

I've been stuck in the security line several times for upwards of 30-40 minutes, but following that immigration through the e-gates for locals and residents is a breeze. The immigration lines for foreigners can be long too, which could potentially add another 15-20 minutes.

It's not as if lots of immigration or security portals aren't being used. It's just beyond capacity. It's a pity because it used to take hardly any time to get from ticketing to the lounge.

TPE could use a priority access line or two, but I haven't ever heard of anything that would suggest something like that is in the works.

The second runway will be re-opening in a week or two, which should at least help to reduce the air traffic and ground delays.
Old Dec 17, 2015, 7:21 am

Originally Posted by jiaotze

The second runway will be re-opening in a week or two, which should at least help to reduce the air traffic and ground delays.
Guess you haven't heard, the two runways were built too close to each other so even though there are two in the future, only one can effectively be use for take-off and landing at a given time. This has become another butt of jokes for the recent string of embarrassments of major governmental transportation projects.
Old Dec 17, 2015, 8:23 am

Programs: CX - DM; Hilton - Diamond, Marriott - Titanium
Originally Posted by Cathay Boy
Guess you haven't heard, the two runways were built too close to each other so even though there are two in the future, only one can effectively be use for take-off and landing at a given time. This has become another butt of jokes for the recent string of embarrassments of major governmental transportation projects.
Hmmm...but there has always been two runways and they were both operating before the revamp work?? No??

Btw just got back from Taipei. Really like the new lounge, those black leather chairs by the two sides of the lounge (next to the windows) are very comfortable. I have found my fav spot in the lounge
Old Dec 17, 2015, 1:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM
Originally Posted by Cathay Boy
No, I'd never heard that the two runways were too close to each other. I'm interested in hearing about this – can you post a link or send me a private mail elaborating? It doesn't seem the runways are much closer than other airports with parallel runways, like LAX, but it could be a matter of several meters, who knows?

Yes, the two runways both operated before the renovation. If there is a problem with the proximity, perhaps it prevents aircraft from taking off or landing simultaneously, but allows for slightly staggered movements, which nonetheless allows for greater capacity than with just one runway. I recall in the past that one side was used almost solely for landings and the other take-offs.

It was reported last week that with both runways in operation, the airport can handle 50 flights per hour, opposed to 32-33 now.
Old Dec 17, 2015, 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by jiaotze
No, I'd never heard that the two runways were too close to each other. I'm interested in hearing about this – can you post a link or send me a private mail elaborating?
Also news to me. I am interested to know more as well.
Old Dec 17, 2015, 6:07 pm

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
Runways in TPE have little to do with CX, and nothing to do with this thread. May we return to the topic "Revamped CX Taipei lounge NOW OPEN!"?

cxfan1960
CX CoMod
Old Dec 18, 2015, 4:42 am

Programs: AA, AS, CI, DL, UA
CX lounge in TPE is bigger because it took over the area which use to be Far Eastern Air Transport's lounge.
Old Dec 22, 2015, 6:02 am

Programs: CX Silver
Haven't got the opportunity to visit the CX lounge yet, but looking forward to it when I'm traveling MH in J during Chinese New Year (CX sold out when my boss finally approved my vacations).
Does anyone know if the new lounge have shower facilities?
Old Dec 22, 2015, 7:05 am

Programs: CX DM, SPG Pt, Le Club Accor GO, Shangri-La GC Jade
Everything's great, only there's one "bar tender" in the last two times I visit the new TPE lounge to handle all cocktail and coffee and hot beverages request so waiting time can be long in peak season

(and too far away from the noodle bar... Yes I'm lazy )
Old Dec 22, 2015, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by sscywong
(and too far away from the noodle bar... Yes I'm lazy )
I think I see someone complaining the lounge is too big
Old Dec 22, 2015, 11:59 am

Programs: AA,CX, BA, Priority Club, SPG, Hilton
Originally Posted by cxfan1960
Were you departing or arriving in TPE? Customs are for arrival and you could not have lounge access. If you were departing, do you mean security? What time - early morning?
My bad. i am typing without thinking.. it's security control.. however, right after security, immigration was a swift.. my departure time was 9xx, and I arrived the airport at 7am... so yes early morning flights.
Old Dec 22, 2015, 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by Fly2Where
My bad. i am typing without thinking.. it's security control.. however, right after security, immigration was a swift.. my departure time was 9xx, and I arrived the airport at 7am... so yes early morning flights.
Yes, TPE departure can be very, very busy in the early morning. I spent >30 min at security last time, and only 20 minutes at the CX lounge
Old Dec 22, 2015, 12:16 pm

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
just bumping this up again...i'm late to the party but finally tried the new lounge, and same impression as the rest: Wow. Another kick #@@ lounge. Great to see.

My significant other was commenting how this TPE lounge even compares well against the new Pier F. Granted the Pier F has nicer refinements, a la carte dining, less people, etc., but for a J lounge this TPE lounge is killer IMO. I can see how this is an incentive for TPE based travelers to stay loyal to CX. I usually skipped the old TPE lounge. But I can see how the next few trips I won't mind hanging out there for 30-60 minutes. Just awesome. I'm sure over time we'll all discover the weaknesses but I find it hard to fault the effort here. And count me as someone who really, really likes this residential style design.

This ties in to one of my surprises about the MPC revamp. I was fully expecting CX to crush outport-based elites (particularly those flying J), because of how much cheaper it is to earn DM as an outport elite vs HK-based one. But in fact, they kept the J class earning in-tact with the revamp. And CX is seriously upgrading their lounge game at outports. More than ever it pays to be an outport-based elite on CX, particularly in Asia! I guess they recognize how the competition has upgraded in recent years. And while CX is outclassed with food on-board, they're winning the lounge game in Asia. Snazzy.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 9:30 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
In here at present.

Checked in and got offered an earlier flight do less time in the lounge but still enough.

Easy to find after queuing for boarding pass check, security and immigration????.

Could do with more coffee machines. It's either the snack area or the bar and nothing in between.

Like the big green chairs. Remind in some ways of the first class seats.

Had the Taiwanese beef noodles and nice enough. Dumpling things so so. Had better, had worse.
Pineapple cake is nice. The mochi things are weird - sort of like a marshmallow but not a marshmallow.

Quite a few people in here as well including families.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 12:35 am

Originally Posted by jysim
Haven't got the opportunity to visit the CX lounge yet, but looking forward to it when I'm traveling MH in J during Chinese New Year (CX sold out when my boss finally approved my vacations).
Does anyone know if the new lounge have shower facilities?
Bump - does any one know if shower facilities exist in TPE?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.