Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

So why exactly is the Cathay website so bad?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2015, 9:43 am
Original Poster

Currently on my third attempt to pay for and confirm a booking, and i count this as a good day

They spent all that time and money on a visual refresh yet still the simplest tasks result in errors. Am i the only one this happens to?
Old May 5, 2015, 10:00 am

Programs: Marco Polo
I haven't experienced any issues with the site since the refresh.
Old May 5, 2015, 10:08 am

Programs: Marriot Am, MU Pt
I usually just call them to pay.
Old May 5, 2015, 12:16 pm

Programs: CX MPC, Aeroplan, Starwood, Hyatt
Originally Posted by phol
Currently on my third attempt to pay for and confirm a booking, and i count this as a good day

They spent all that time and money on a visual refresh yet still the simplest tasks result in errors. Am i the only one this happens to?
+1 Similar situation here. Their payment system seems to be quite messed up lately.
Old May 5, 2015, 9:55 pm
Suspended

Programs: QFF SG, VA SL, MR Plat, SPG Plat, HH Diamond
bit difficult to blame the website on payment issues - could it not be the payment gateway or your bank potentially

ive never had an issue with payment, just give them a call and quote the reference number
Old May 5, 2015, 10:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium + LT Gold
Never had any problems with payments. But their booking management system seems to always give me problems. Some improvements are definitely needed.
Old May 5, 2015, 10:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by yohy?!
bit difficult to blame the website on payment issues - could it not be the payment gateway or your bank potentially

ive never had an issue with payment, just give them a call and quote the reference number
Fairly easy to blame the website when you click 'Pay' and the website hangs though ^

To be fair, this is the first time I've had problems with actually booking/paying for flights. Usually the errors pop up when navigating existing bookings.
Old May 6, 2015, 12:26 am

It's no secret CX is cutting cost across the board, so it's not too far fetch to guess that they are not spending the money to hire a real IT corporation to do the work, say IBM's business solutions, and rather would hire some local chop shop to do the work, thinking it's all the same geeks. Well, it's not, and we're experiencing it.

Have to say the final refresh seems to work out a lot of bugs no the website, but still, took them what, 5-7 tries to get it right?
Old May 6, 2015, 3:12 am

Programs: OneWorld Emerald (BA GGL), *A Silver (Miles & Less), Skyteam Pleb (KLM FlyingBlue), Mucci Platinum
The mobile app is also pretty pointless - no ability to manage bookings, view and select seats, no automatic alerts re flights, etc.
Old May 6, 2015, 6:42 am

Programs: CX - DM; Hilton - Diamond, Marriott - Titanium
Originally Posted by Too much travel
The mobile app is also pretty pointless - no ability to manage bookings, view and select seats, no automatic alerts re flights, etc.
+1! It is a joke! Some budget airlines actually have a better app than CX! This and last week, I couldn't even load up the app for a few times!
Old May 6, 2015, 8:34 am
Suspended

For over a month, since early April, I could not find/b book anything out of Doha, is this related to this IT problem? I have since switch to SQ for now.
Old May 6, 2015, 7:21 pm

Programs: CX DM
Originally Posted by KrazyTrain18
I haven't experienced any issues with the site since the refresh.
I book a lot of tickets online and have had no issues at all.

In the past my main problem was my UK bank treating my spending patterns as suspicious and refusing to honour my card due to the sudden spikes in spending.
Old May 6, 2015, 8:53 pm

Programs: QF SG(LTS) - AA LTG(1MM)
Some "technical" issues.

Being of a certain age and less than perfect vision, my initial encounter with the new web site was less than ideal. When you expand the text size past a level, things disappear from the visible display. And while once you are accustomed to the slightly different set of clicking procedures to find flights, everything does work, it takes some "getting used to".

As well, the massive amounts of graphics in the advertisements for the various destinations are not appreciated by those of use on data capped monthly internet connections. Perhaps one of the joys of wireless internet connections in regional Australia.

Now if mixed class bookings were allowed...

Happy wandering

Fred
Old May 7, 2015, 10:07 pm

Originally Posted by HKGglobaltrotter
+1! It is a joke! Some budget airlines actually have a better app than CX! This and last week, I couldn't even load up the app for a few times!
++1 Bothers me to think an airline the size of CX even posting that useless app looks/functions more like a college student homework.
Old May 9, 2015, 8:27 pm

Programs: Marriot Am, MU Pt
I think the appearance of the CX mobile app is okay.

Just lacks too much in functionality. And it's not very reliable. I mean you can't even load it up if you don't have an internet connection. They should have made it so at least in offline mode I can see my flight schedule, booking PNR, ticket number, transit time, etc. Better than having to hunt though all my emails.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.