Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

So why exactly is the Cathay website so bad?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

So why exactly is the Cathay website so bad?

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2015, 1:05 am

Programs: Alaska 100k
The CX website issues for me stem from "Verified by VISA" whenever I pay with my cc. The verification runs a Silverlight plugin that seems to get automatically blocked by Chrome and a few other browsers. I found that if I pay in FireFox, it usually works better.
Old May 10, 2015, 6:06 pm

Programs: Marriot Am, MU Pt
I did a payment the other day with the Verified by Visa business. The transaction went through then the site got stuck and the browser reloaded itself and then I was charged again.

Then I found, despite being charged twice, I was not ticketed at all. What a bunch of bollucks.
Old May 10, 2015, 9:29 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by alphaod
I did a payment the other day with the Verified by Visa business. The transaction went through then the site got stuck and the browser reloaded itself and then I was charged again.

Then I found, despite being charged twice, I was not ticketed at all. What a bunch of bollucks.
Easier to just hold the itin without paying and call CX to pay if you're a DM, unless you're after an online booking bonus
Old May 12, 2015, 1:05 am

Programs: Marriot Am, MU Pt
No, I'm usually using UnionPay, so I have to book online (I can use AliPay) or if the fare I want is not available, go to my nearby ticketing office. I was just having some problems with my AliPay account, so I figured I'd just pay with my Visa card, but that didn't work.
Old May 14, 2015, 1:48 am

Programs: Marco Polo Diamond, Flying Blue Platinum for Life, GHA Black, IHG Platinum
Since the beginning of this week, the only way I get the app to open on my smartphone is to uninstall and re-install it. I hate it so much.....
Old May 15, 2015, 9:41 pm

Programs: CX - DM; Hilton - Diamond, Marriott - Titanium
Originally Posted by DernierVirage
Since the beginning of this week, the only way I get the app to open on my smartphone is to uninstall and re-install it. I hate it so much.....
Thanks for the tips! I had the same problem for weeks! Looks like I can finally gain access again to the useless and functionless app again - hurray!
Old May 19, 2015, 3:56 pm

Programs: BR Gold, MPC Silver
As of now, can't even search for flights from the home page...
Old May 20, 2015, 11:06 am

Programs: AA Plat, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold
Manage My Booking was a nightmare all day yesterday-- finally, came around last night. Tried multiple computers.
Old May 20, 2015, 9:17 pm

Programs: Marco Polo Gold
Has anybody been able to use the multi-city search successfully? It never seems to work for me.
Old May 20, 2015, 9:23 pm

Programs: BR Gold, MPC Silver
I was finally able to search for flights and try a booking. I'm using a previously used MasterCard on the site and my bank would not honor the transaction. The reason is that the extra Secure Code screen that mastercard for verification is not being displayed by the cathay site, hence the transaction is getting rejected for an invalid code.
Old May 23, 2015, 3:48 am

A couple days earlier, I was to ticket a redemption booking. Since a wait-listed flight didn't clear & deadline was the next day, I had to call to delete the wait-listed flight in order to ticket online. This is silly thing #1

Ok... The "issue award ticket" green tab showed up. It however returned the same error message with different browsers and iPhone and iPads.

5 mins later, manage my booking on CX.com didn't work. At the same time, ka.com worked but the same error message popped up.

It was 3am in Hong Kong. Called all Tsuen Wan, Beijing & Phillipines with 3 different phones, I was able to get thru in the Phillipines 30 mins later.

It is so frustrating to call the call centers...
Old May 23, 2015, 3:49 am

A couple days earlier, I was to ticket a redemption booking. Since a wait-listed flight didn't clear & deadline was the next day, I had to call to delete the wait-listed flight in order to ticket online. This is silly thing #1

Ok... The "issue award ticket" green tab showed up. It however returned the same error message with different browsers and iPhone and iPads.

5 mins later, manage my booking on CX.com didn't work. At the same time, ka.com worked but the same error message popped up.

It was 3am in Hong Kong. Called all Tsuen Wan, Beijing & Phillipines with 3 different phones, I was able to get thru in the Phillipines 30 mins later.

It is so frustrating to call the call centers...

Why can't they add the following functions
1. Add waitlist booking
2. Delete waitlist booking
3. Multi-city redemption booking
4. Definitely have to clear all the mess in Manage my booking
Old May 23, 2015, 4:49 am

Programs: Marco Polo Diamond, Flying Blue Platinum for Life, GHA Black, IHG Platinum
Just to make everything worse, I can't open the app at all now, nor will I be able to do so until late next week when I am in Hong Kong. I get a screen message that they have issued an update, but it is impossible to open in the previous version. Problem is I am in Beijing and can't access Play Store, since I don't have, or need, a VPN. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....

Last edited by DernierVirage; May 23, 2015 at 5:16 am Reason: Typo
Old Oct 15, 2016, 3:40 am

Programs: BA Exec
Cathay Website

Terrible, Terrible, Terrible. Just awful website.
Old Oct 15, 2016, 5:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by jph1984
Terrible, Terrible, Terrible. Just awful website.
Indeed. For a while, at least for some of us.

Just 2 other examples

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/catha...rse-worse.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/catha...ck-online.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.