Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A330 New seat map???

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2015, 9:25 pm

Originally Posted by Kachjc
no its to balance the rise in J capacity that due to 77H
if the product was the problem redesigning the cabin would give them more revenue,
this is also being done to counter the LCC's/ loss of 747 economy capacity...

i.e this is mere capacity management nothing else
premium loads have increased over the last few years, so your claim is nonsense
Funny, you're funny. So you are telling me CX is grabbing Ys (your claim of countering LCCs) for the sake of J revenue. Geez, and I thought Y fliers don't matter as long as there are J demands.....

J fliers don't want capacity vs. frequency, an airline will not sacrifice J fliers for Y fliers.

It is capacity management, it's the fact that regional J isn't selling and Y market is growing that forces this management. Which is my point from day 1.
Old Feb 12, 2015, 10:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Hi Cathay Boy.
I fully agree with you on this thread

CX is selling less regional J, in part because J demand is not/less strong on many routes and in part because their hard product is a real downer compared to some competitors on some of the routes. They need J-light ac on many routes and they" try" to put the LH ac on the J-heavy markets.
Old Feb 12, 2015, 10:29 pm

Programs: CX DM, QF PL
I seriously doubt CX would retain full flat bed for a dedicated short haul fleet. They have already given up more real estate in long haul J than many other carriers and I can't see the numbers being acceptable. Also it is hardly needed. 2.5 hours to BKK, 3.5 to SIN, KUL, JKT, PVG, BJS - none of these need a flat bed. a decent reclining seat with a good TV and proper table to work / eat at.

Anyway, it won't happen for 5 years at least, so plenty of time to see where the market heads.
Old Feb 12, 2015, 11:46 pm

I know Y passengers are not irrelevant...
but most here seem to think airlines can only survive on business class.

except I do not see why an airline that is putting 57 flatbeds in business on regional flights and is reducing seats on other aircraft sacrificing customers?!!

looks more like balancing capacity...

same nonsense arguments people use to say CX has dropped first class...

really? cause it looks like there are just as enough if not more first class seats than before...

ultimately unless CX management is lying I do not see how the number of premium passengers flying has increased but in everyone's opinion here people are avoiding CX...

take Tokyo for example, Haneda has only long haul aircraft, and more business customers, adding over 100 J seats to Haneda ( since it was launched), it thus makes sense to cut J seats on the other frequencies to Narita...

but basic math seems to be lost on most here
Old Feb 13, 2015, 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by Cathay Boy

77W are very fuel efficient compare to most regional planes CX currently has.
A350R, 787-10 and A330NEO are going to be the next generation of regional widebodies, which would inevitably attract CX's interest. I guess CX has to wait for their launches before being able to do the math of comparing them to the 77W.
Old Feb 13, 2015, 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by GE90-115B
A350R, 787-10 and A330NEO are going to be the next generation of regional widebodies, which would inevitably attract CX's interest. I guess CX has to wait for their launches before being able to do the math of comparing them to the 77W.
Yes, as long as those are not launched, and CX wants heavies for even regional routes due to high demand, right now interestingly 773-ER is the most fuel-efficient. Or, they are holding down the fort and wait for A350s and use some of them for regional.
Old Feb 20, 2015, 1:15 am

My flight from DXB is currently scheduled on an aircraft with 3 rows of Premium Economy. Part of the new seat map tinkering or a swap to a 747?
Old Feb 21, 2015, 8:21 am

Programs: CX DM, SPG Pt, Le Club Accor GO, Shangri-La GC Jade
Originally Posted by phol
My flight from DXB is currently scheduled on an aircraft with 3 rows of Premium Economy. Part of the new seat map tinkering or a swap to a 747?
If it's still 2-3-2 then is the new A33G

p.s. I found that PEY inventories for HKG-MEL in late Sep (24 to 27 in my own checking) is very tight but seems it's not due to seat blocking for oversold Y... If CX will be sending PEY-less A330 to ME with low PEY demand is it necessary to take out a row of PEY from the 3-class 330 then?
Old Dec 20, 2015, 9:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
I can't tell from the seat map on Cathay vs. the Expedia seat map...on the Cathay website, it looks like 14A is the last window seat in J, but on Expedia, it appears to have 15A as the last window seat in J...which is correct?

Last edited by PDXPremier; Dec 20, 2015 at 11:27 pm
Old Dec 23, 2015, 2:37 am

Programs: CX Diamond
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
I can't tell from the seat map on Cathay vs. the Expedia seat map...on the Cathay website, it looks like 14A is the last window seat in J, but on Expedia, it appears to have 15A as the last window seat in J...which is correct?
This is the cabin seat map; I will fly this config for the first time tomorrow.

Old Dec 23, 2015, 4:40 am

Programs: CX DM, SPG Pt, Le Club Accor GO, Shangri-La GC Jade
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
There's no row 13... Probably Expedia means row 4 of 33P if they are not aware that there's now row 13...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.