Wiki Posts
Search

A330 New seat map???

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2015, 4:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: CX-DIAMOND, OZ-DIAMOND
A330 New seat map???

I booked CX713/01AUG BKK-SIN on Business class, aircraft is A330.
But there is only 4 rows(11/12/14/15) on J class seat map.
I checked a seat map in Economy class on same flight, there are 3 compartment (row39-42, 43-59, 60-76) in Y class.
A330 has only 3 compartment (A is J class, B-C are Y class) , so is this new configuration (J/Y class exist in A compartment)?
Old Feb 11, 2015, 4:57 am

Originally Posted by dai0906
I booked CX713/01AUG BKK-SIN on Business class, aircraft is A330.
But there is only 4 rows(11/12/14/15) on J class seat map.
I checked a seat map in Economy class on same flight, there are 3 compartment (row39-42, 43-59, 60-76) in Y class.
A330 has only 3 compartment (A is J class, B-C are Y class) , so is this new configuration (J/Y class exist in A compartment)?
that's right. the regional 330s will be reconfigured to just 24 seats in business class. behind that will be all economy class, close to 300.
Old Feb 11, 2015, 7:50 am

Programs: Cathay Silver, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Looking at seatmaps online, new configuration seems to be 24J293Y = 317 total. So 18 seats were removed for 28 extra Economy Class seats. Given that Business Class fares on medium haul flights are over 2 times the fare as Economy, I'm very surprised why CX would reduce the size of their premium cabin. There are a solid demand for Business Class on regional flights.
Old Feb 11, 2015, 8:57 am

Programs: MPC, KF, Accor, SPG, HH
Originally Posted by pacificboot
Looking at seatmaps online, new configuration seems to be 24J293Y = 317 total. So 18 seats were removed for 28 extra Economy Class seats. Given that Business Class fares on medium haul flights are over 2 times the fare as Economy, I'm very surprised why CX would reduce the size of their premium cabin. There are a solid demand for Business Class on regional flights.

Anyone has links to the new seat maps?

So it sounds like the J lavs are being moved front and 4 rows of Y being put before Doors 2?
Old Feb 11, 2015, 10:32 am

Programs: CX DM, SPG Pt, Le Club Accor GO, Shangri-La GC Jade
So they will keep 2 kinds of regional 330 (one existing 42J265Y which is same as KA, and one new 24J293Y) config? Or reconfig the entire regional 330 fleet?
Old Feb 11, 2015, 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by pacificboot
Not true, if it's true CX would not go this route. It is no secret CX regional J offers are a downer and premium pax, if other choices are available say SQ, will choose to fly other choices. I know many premium fliers that simply refuse to fly CX regional J because they can get a much better seat with another airline.
Old Feb 11, 2015, 4:30 pm

There will be 3 A330 configurations once all is said and done.

(33Z) - Regional Product
(33E) - Longhaul Business without Premium Economy (Middle East, India, Indian subcontinent)
(33G) - Longhaul Business with Premium Economy (Australia)
Old Feb 11, 2015, 7:56 pm

Programs: QF WP (OW Emerald)
I remember seeing someone wrote there will be another A330 configuration called 33P for regional routes with reduced number of business class seat and more economy class seats.

It looks like this is what the OP is looking at.
Old Feb 12, 2015, 3:01 am

Originally Posted by Cathay Boy
Not true, if it's true CX would not go this route. It is no secret CX regional J offers are a downer and premium pax, if other choices are available say SQ, will choose to fly other choices. I know many premium fliers that simply refuse to fly CX regional J because they can get a much better seat with another airline.
I cant imagine CX would sacrifice J to othet carriers, this is just rebalancing.
with the 77H so much J capacity is thrown on regional routes large J is not needed.

larger economy cabin also helps compete with lcc's

what economy do thesr have?
fixed back or cradle
Old Feb 12, 2015, 3:24 am

also just read
CX LH fleet is just under 4 years old...
thts so young!
Old Feb 12, 2015, 4:28 am

SIN-BKK is usually leisure travellers with bad timing for both direction... flooded with *A flights and their business class fares are competitive with much more timing.
Old Feb 12, 2015, 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by Kachjc
I cant imagine CX would sacrifice J to othet carriers, this is just rebalancing.
with the 77H so much J capacity is thrown on regional routes large J is not needed.

larger economy cabin also helps compete with lcc's

what economy do thesr have?
fixed back or cradle
CX is not sacrificing anything, their refusal to offer a decent regional J seat is causing them to lose regional Business Class business to other competitors. CX didn't remove those seats for the sake of adding Y, they are removing the rows because they are not selling.
Old Feb 12, 2015, 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by Cathay Boy
CX is not sacrificing anything, their refusal to offer a decent regional J seat is causing them to lose regional Business Class business to other competitors. CX didn't remove those seats for the sake of adding Y, they are removing the rows because they are not selling.
no its to balance the rise in J capacity that due to 77H
if the product was the problem redesigning the cabin would give them more revenue,
this is also being done to counter the LCC's/ loss of 747 economy capacity...

i.e this is mere capacity management nothing else
premium loads have increased over the last few years, so your claim is nonsense
Old Feb 12, 2015, 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by Kachjc
Contrary to what you have been thinking, apparently CX is considering to make the 777-300ER a dedicated regional fleet once the A350 and 777-9X arrives and takeover some long haul routes. This is word from a CX pilot. CX are still doing the calculations on whether doing so will be cheaper than investing in an entirely new fleet of regional aircraft. After all these are plans that will only solidify in about 8-10 years time, by then the 77W might be considered "old".

I find it interesting that CX is trying to go down to this route, since 77W is a very premium plane as you said, especially the 77H. If CX wanted to make this plan work they would need to seriously reconfigure those planes to suit the regional market demand.

But of course I don't have the numbers of how the operating economics of A350 and 777-9X compares with the 77W, so can't be too sure on what CX is thinking.
Old Feb 12, 2015, 9:22 pm

Originally Posted by GE90-115B

I find it interesting that CX is trying to go down to this route, since 77W is a very premium plane as you said, especially the 77H. If CX wanted to make this plan work they would need to seriously reconfigure those planes to suit the regional market demand.

But of course I don't have the numbers of how the operating economics of A350 and 777-9X compares with the 77W, so can't be too sure on what CX is thinking.
This is a good move in my opinion. CX regional J has always been a downer, and might as well offer the same J seats across the board, that will definitely retain many J fliers.

Using 77W might seem like a waste, but it is really as most routes the capacity demands are there. Just like intra-Japan used to be run by a full range of 747 fleet, as long as there is demand, the heavies are in good use.

Of course some J rows will be removed to accommodate more Y rows, but it would be great if CX take this route, it's actually a money saver too. 77W are very fuel efficient compare to most regional planes CX currently has.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.