Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's going on with CX food in J?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2016, 8:35 am

Programs: CX - DM; Hilton - Diamond, Marriott - Titanium
I've heard that dining on demand in J cabin will be introduced from March 2017; LGW will be the first route to launch this service.
Old Dec 18, 2016, 8:58 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by HKGglobaltrotter
I've heard that dining on demand in J cabin will be introduced from March 2017; LGW will be the first route to launch this service.
I might to find some way to take away food from lounge, I may not be fed before landing.
Old Dec 18, 2016, 9:19 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Originally Posted by percysmith
I might to find some way to take away food from lounge, I may not be fed before landing.
It's okay, LGW route only has packaged grissini dips and mixed berries etc; and cheese is already on request anyway
Old Dec 22, 2016, 8:39 am

Programs: CX
Better than Qantas' and its conjunction with Rockpool chef Neil Perry.

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/foo...bcbdf4992352ec

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/food-and-...n-flight-meal/
Old Dec 22, 2016, 3:59 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Marco Polo Gold
I would never dream of this in a million years. But know I am seriously considering bringing my own favorite Asian instant noodle bowls on board Cathay airlines. To me it's better than what they serve me for C meals most of the time.
Old Dec 22, 2016, 6:51 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold
KA821 CTU-HKG 21 December

The food was alright. I had the beef salad, xo sause with prawns and fish with rice and ice cream.

The ice cream, while it is not rock hard it is a bit hard to eat without the metal spoon provided.

Thank you ISM for opening the ice cream for me though!

p.s. the flight was operated in 3 classes so i wonder if thise in F have Caviar on such a short flight? I personally would not pay flying it.
Old Dec 22, 2016, 6:52 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold

On 20 Dec I took the whole BA burger out of the lounge and nothing happened
Old Dec 22, 2016, 8:00 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Marco Polo Gold
Originally Posted by cysyuen
p.s. the flight was operated in 3 classes so i wonder if thise in F have Caviar on such a short flight? I personally would not pay flying it.
Depends, are they selling it as F class? Last time I flew CTU I was on full J-fare for C-class and I was able to pick seat 1A, and I was served C class food. I asked about it and the ISM said she flew this route often with 3-class KA flights and she rarely serve it as F class.
Old Dec 22, 2016, 9:57 pm

Programs: CX MPO DM, Le Club Accor Platinum, World of Hyatt Explorist
Anyone had the Curry Prawns this month on CX? I thought it was kinda good...The rice portion seem to have shrunk a bit further...But the prawn was rather tasty.

On my last flight from TPE on CX511, they didn't have any Champagne citing that they previous sector FUK-TPE finished all the champagne and that TPE didn't have any stocks to load.
Old Dec 23, 2016, 2:24 am

Originally Posted by FlyPointyEnd
Anyone had the Curry Prawns this month on CX? I thought it was kinda good...The rice portion seem to have shrunk a bit further...But the prawn was rather tasty.

On my last flight from TPE on CX511, they didn't have any Champagne citing that they previous sector FUK-TPE finished all the champagne and that TPE didn't have any stocks to load.
My other is still going on about them days after the flight.

Theres a way to go yet but theres definitely been an improvement on recent flights.
Old Dec 25, 2016, 11:17 am

Programs: CX MPC GO; Golden Circle nobody!
After not flying CX for almost a year, I was delighted to find out on a HKG-LAX flight that the food has marginally improved. Appreciated the snacks provided.
Old Dec 27, 2016, 3:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold
What a disappointment. Just flew CX845 JFK-HKG. 12:45am departure. Very familiar with it. Supper served upon take off. Was given tray and told to enjoy the appetizer. Looked down and only thing on the tray was the dessert. I thought I was being punked. A different FA comes by and asks what I would like for my main. I ask about the missing app. She says since everyone has chosen it, they have run out. Um, what? There is no choice of appetizer. There is one option, and a choice of main. Was not happy. Apparently they don't cater one meal for everyone, assuming people will be sleeping at that hour. Asked to speak to the purser. An appetizer miraculously appeared. Noticed the seats around me never received one. Very disappointing. Service was excellent. Food was embarrassing overall.
Old Dec 27, 2016, 4:05 pm

Programs: CX MPO DM, Le Club Accor Platinum, World of Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by justforfun
What a disappointment. Just flew CX845 JFK-HKG. 12:45am departure. Very familiar with it. Supper served upon take off. Was given tray and told to enjoy the appetizer. Looked down and only thing on the tray was the dessert. I thought I was being punked. A different FA comes by and asks what I would like for my main. I ask about the missing app. She says since everyone has chosen it, they have run out. Um, what? There is no choice of appetizer. There is one option, and a choice of main. Was not happy. Apparently they don't cater one meal for everyone, assuming people will be sleeping at that hour. Asked to speak to the purser. An appetizer miraculously appeared. Noticed the seats around me never received one. Very disappointing. Service was excellent. Food was embarrassing overall.
Maybe someone could confirm it, but I heard CX made further cuts on the % of meals loaded on midnight departures...
Old Dec 27, 2016, 7:24 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
I barely got my beef at row 15 of CX539 NGO-HKG. I'm sure row 17 and after only had seafood curry to choose from.
Old Dec 27, 2016, 8:13 pm

Originally Posted by FlyPointyEnd
Maybe someone could confirm it, but I heard CX made further cuts on the % of meals loaded on midnight departures...
You'll notice other cuts if you fly Y. There's no more dessert for the first meal. You'll only see the main dish and side salad on the tray. Then, the cutlery on the tray (plastic plates, forks & knives, cups) are a lot more flimsy than before. CX now gives you a full bottle of water, but it's small enough for anyone to finish it in 3-4 gulps. Last of all, the portion of the hot-dish has shrinked.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.