Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Cathay Pacific – Chicago (ORD) Lounge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cathay Pacific – Chicago (ORD) Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2017, 1:43 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Originally Posted by oak522
Is it possible to use the BA J lounge showers before a CX departure? I'm in CX first and would like to clean up before the 16-hour flight. If not I'll try and get a shower spot in T3 before changing terminals.
There are no showers in the BA J lounge.
Old Feb 15, 2017, 7:51 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, CX Green
Originally Posted by oak522
Is it possible to use the BA J lounge showers before a CX departure? I'm in CX first and would like to clean up before the 16-hour flight. If not I'll try and get a shower spot in T3 before changing terminals.
I was not aware of any shower facilities in the BA J lounge. Overall the lounge is pretty underwhelmed so don't expect too much from it.
Old Feb 16, 2017, 6:35 pm

WHich do you like best?

Goingto be in the same shoe next week. Which do you like best or recommend?
Originally Posted by hussmanne
Ended up trying all three!
Old Aug 11, 2017, 4:54 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
We will be flying HKG-ORD in J on CX then connecting on a USA domestic leg ticketed separately via AA in coach. What lounges might we have access to, if any, with J on arrival. Alternatively, with Priority Pass, would we be able to access the Swissport or AF/KLM lounge? Not sure how that would work with passport control.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 10:02 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
We will be flying HKG-ORD in J on CX then connecting on a USA domestic leg ticketed separately via AA in coach. What lounges might we have access to, if any, with J on arrival. Alternatively, with Priority Pass, would we be able to access the Swissport or AF/KLM lounge? Not sure how that would work with passport control.
No because the Swissport/AFKLM lounges are located in Terminal 5 but your AA domestic flight will depart from Terminal 3. However, you are eligible to access the AA lounges by virtue of your inbound J boarding pass. They are better than the T5 lounges anyway. Enjoy.
Old Aug 12, 2017, 8:40 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by G-CIVC
No because the Swissport/AFKLM lounges are located in Terminal 5 but your AA domestic flight will depart from Terminal 3. However, you are eligible to access the AA lounges by virtue of your inbound J boarding pass. They are better than the T5 lounges anyway. Enjoy.
Thanks. Just for clarification: I can use boarding pass for HKG-ORD flight on arrival at ORD for lounge access? The next (domestic) flight is not on the same ticket/PNR. I ask bc my understanding was that arrivals don't get access and for the purposes of my J ticket, I would be considered an arrival not a connection.
Old Aug 12, 2017, 8:52 am

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF
You'all be fine with the CX J bp even if it's on a separate ticket. My mum's done exactly that @ LAX without any issues. Just hand over your AA and CX nod to the AAngels.

Not sure but you might have access to the AA First class lounge as well, since J customers are eligible for that- atleast for departing flights. Not sure if it's now a designated business class lounge or still a F lounge either exceptions for J class pax and Sapphires..
Old Aug 12, 2017, 9:15 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

There is currently no FL at ORD, so OP can only access any of the Admirals Clubs at ORD T3, and they don't care if it's same PNR or not. Generally the lounge AAngels are miles better than their inflight colleagues, nothing to worry. The IFCL (with hot food) can only be accessed if OP was an OWE.
Old Aug 12, 2017, 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by jagmeets
You'all be fine with the CX J bp even if it's on a separate ticket. My mum's done exactly that @ LAX without any issues. Just hand over your AA and CX nod to the AAngels.

Not sure but you might have access to the AA First class lounge as well, since J customers are eligible for that- atleast for departing flights. Not sure if it's now a designated business class lounge or still a F lounge either exceptions for J class pax and Sapphires..
Originally Posted by G-CIVC
There is currently no FL at ORD, so OP can only access any of the Admirals Clubs at ORD T3, and they don't care if it's same PNR or not. Generally the lounge AAngels are miles better than their inflight colleagues, nothing to worry. The IFCL (with hot food) can only be accessed if OP was an OWE.
Brilliant. Thanks so much for all this info. Relieved b/c have a 6 hour gap between flights and we will be tired. Lounge access makes that a lot easier to deal with.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 1:16 pm

Was told at check-in that the BA First Class lounge CX uses for F is closed for construction.

Then when I got to the BA Business Class lounge, I was told I wouldn''t be able find a seat. Agent called swissport lounge to accommodate me there instead. I mentioned I had access to that thru PP and she eventually let me go try to find a seat.

Pretty disappointing. The BA F lounge is mediocre at best, and I was downgraded from even that, and then downgraded a second time until I told her to let me at least try to find a seat.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 1:34 pm

Update: BA J lounge has a make shift F area for BA pax to make up for closed F lounge. CX pax are not allowed.

And the BA lounge dragon just gave a lecture to one of the lounge staff saying she needs to stop getting pax things and giving "customer service" because they are too busy. It was weird because it was in front of everyone and the lounge staff seemed really upset.

Really poor experience today.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 8:06 pm

Any idea as to when the small BA F lounge will reopen? It was a small space, generally quite crowded, and a sad excuse for an F lounge. But it did enable direct boarding from the lounge.
Old Aug 25, 2017, 3:33 am

Update on my last two posts.

I wrote Cathay about how CX F pax were being refused entry into the ORD makeshift F lounge while BA F were allowed. They replied today (only 2 business days later!) that there was a miscommunication between Cathay and the BA lounge staff and CX F should be granted access. They stated that they will fix this miscommunication and offered me a $100 voucher.

Hopefully others won't be incorrectly refused anymore.
Old Aug 25, 2017, 3:45 am

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by Nazdoom
Update on my last two posts.

I wrote Cathay about how CX F pax were being refused entry into the ORD makeshift F lounge while BA F were allowed. They replied today (only 2 business days later!) that there was a miscommunication between Cathay and the BA lounge staff and CX F should be granted access. They stated that they will fix this miscommunication and offered me a $100 voucher.

Hopefully others won't be incorrectly refused anymore.
is it really that big a deal? I presume the makeshift lounge was lame too? My recollection of the lounge experience at ORD is that it sucks with or without whatever it is you missed out on.
Old Aug 25, 2017, 4:09 am

Originally Posted by QRC3288
is it really that big a deal? I presume the makeshift lounge was lame too? My recollection of the lounge experience at ORD is that it sucks with or without whatever it is you missed out on.
I didn't write in asking for money. I wrote in because I believed the lounge was enforcing a policy against OW rules and that it dampens the experience when you are told you can't even get into the J lounge, so you have to negotiate just to be able to stand in the back while newly arriving BA pax are ushered into the F makeshift area with plenty of seats. I also gave the lounge dragons an opportunity when I left where I explained why it didn't make sense and they didn't have a reply nor care.

Based on the email, they fixed this in light of the feedback. If the BA lounge dragon didn't criticize an employee awkwardly in front of the lounge pax making the employee need to seek counsel from her colleague, or if the CX lounge dragon had tried to check the rules for her own pax and do her job properly (in the email they note this was her responsibility), they maybe I wouldn't have bothered.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.