Wiki Posts
Search

J child meal

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2013, 5:45 am
Original Poster

J child meal

Hi,

Does anyone know what is the J child meal menu or pictures of how it looks?

Thanks!
Old Jul 18, 2013, 10:10 am

It's been a few years (DL, Jr. is now 13), but I remember that CX had a fairly well planned child meal in J. I recall juice, fruit, biscuits, and a child friendly entree like chicken tenders or fish fingers. Sorry I don't have more specifics or pictures.

My son would usually cast an envious eye over at what I was eating (before the days of the Olympus seats) and ask if he could have an adult meal. We eventually stopped requesting a child meal for him and he was always quite happy with one of the Asian meal selections. The dim sum breakfast was his favorite (not to mention dining at the Wing while connecting at HKG).

Good luck in your travels.
Old Jul 18, 2013, 12:16 pm
Original Poster

thanks for the info!

my kids are 5 and under so the tenders/fingers sound like a better idea.
Old Jul 20, 2013, 7:18 am

Programs: BA GGL; SK EBG; QF LTG; Hilton Diamond, A-Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum
It is typically quite good with a juice box, fun straw, chicken fingers or similar, yoghort, simple vegetables, and some kind of desert. My kids usually eat what they want of it and crew are generally proactive in serving first and taking away later. Icecream is also offered.

Also kids get a themed kids pack which will entertain for a few mins.
Old Jul 20, 2013, 7:41 am

Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.
I don't know if this helps but from my experience of CHild meal in Y class was that it was catered towards 10-12 year old than 3-6 year old. In fact with cost cuttings in Y meal (seperate story...) the quantity of Child meal in Y was much better than adult meal... even came with proper chocolate brownie and kit kat as desert where adults had kit kat bar only....Main dish was 5 pieces of chicken snitzchel fingers, MUCH better tasty than any econ meals I had in a while...

in J quantity is probably ok for both, but my point being child meal quality is decent and you should order it... cuz if your child really hates it, you can exchange and have the child meal
Old Jul 20, 2013, 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by fakecd

in J quantity is probably ok for both, but my point being child meal quality is decent and you should order it... cuz if your child really hates it, you can exchange and have the child meal
Not true at all last time I flew with family in PEY. The "child meal" is obviously a dumb-down of adults Y meal. The drink isn't child-box juice, they simply poured orange juice in a plastic cup they give to adults. The "child meal" is chicken with rice, and a piece of bread. The only thing that suggests this plate is a child meal is the sticker "children meal" on it. Other than that, this is easily one of the adult meals they serve in Y class.

I didn't make a fuss about it, but very disappointed. I would be happy if they throw chicken fingers, nuggets, a simple juice box with a side of fruits. But they threw an adult Y meal at my children.
Old Jul 21, 2013, 11:38 pm
Suspended

Programs: Too many to list
This suggests you didn't pre order the child meal. My daughter was given salad first. Then offered soup & roll. The chicken dish was Chinese style without rice & fruit was given for deserts. All in all she was happy as she was served totally seperate to everyone else. This was on hong Kong to lax 5 weeks ago in business class, not economy.
Old Jul 22, 2013, 10:54 am
Original Poster

thanks all for the comments.

I decided to order the child meal for kids. if they don't like it, I guess I could always eat it and pass them mine instead!

it's a pity CX don't put pictures of their J child meal unlike the other airline flying out of SIN.
Old Jul 23, 2013, 6:06 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by epigram
thanks all for the comments.

I decided to order the child meal for kids. if they don't like it, I guess I could always eat it and pass them mine instead!

it's a pity CX don't put pictures of their J child meal unlike the other airline flying out of SIN.
surely you can ask for extra adult meal... usually there is extra..
Old Jul 23, 2013, 6:51 am

Originally Posted by kaka
surely you can ask for extra adult meal... usually there is extra..
I have never asked for an extra but the number of times I've seen people around me asking for extra and was flat out told "only one per pax."
Old Nov 11, 2015, 1:17 pm

Sorry to bring this old thread back up, but I'm traveling from YYZ to HKG in a month, and wondering if anyone recently ordered child meals in J? Would like to see with all those cost cutting initiatives, what do they offer for child meals now. Thank you!
Old Nov 11, 2015, 5:46 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Club Accor Silver, AC 75K
Originally Posted by GabL
Sorry to bring this old thread back up, but I'm traveling from YYZ to HKG in a month, and wondering if anyone recently ordered child meals in J? Would like to see with all those cost cutting initiatives, what do they offer for child meals now. Thank you!
Yes they do still offer the J meal but I tell my kids when they fly that they eat whatever we eat, if they don’t want to eat it then not my fault. Eventually they’ll be hungry and eat whatever’s in front of them. I don’t go through the effort to accommodate to my children’s dietary preferences. Be my guest if you want to starve 16 hours to Hong Kong.
Old Nov 11, 2015, 7:20 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, CX MPC Gold, Hilton Hhonors Gold
Originally Posted by GabL
Was on a flight to Oz a few months back and ordered a child meal in J. It was clearly the same as Y (presented on Y meal tray), a sweetcorn salad, pasta, and a small plastic box of prepackaged pudding of some sort. Kid (3 y.o.) didn't like it and hence ended up me asking if there were any spare normal (adult) mains and luckily there were a few left.

After arrival in oz, called MPC and cancelled the child meal for the return trip.
Old Nov 11, 2015, 7:24 pm

Programs: MPC, OneWorld, 1865 Voyager, Hyatt, Horizon Club
Originally Posted by Cathay Boy
I have never asked for an extra but the number of times I've seen people around me asking for extra and was flat out told "only one per pax."
I have done so, on supper flights, with no problems.
Old Nov 11, 2015, 9:19 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Club Accor Silver, AC 75K
Originally Posted by hphreak
I have done so, on supper flights, with no problems.
I’ve sampled every meal option of a CX flight before. Went to the galley and they said “mr. wrldtrav2013, here is every meal option we have, feel free to try all of them.” Needless to say I wrote a lengthy comment card about the degradation of J catering, then got a lengthy response from CX about upcoming changes. So if you ask nicely they’ll pretty much let you eat whats on the plane

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.