Community
Wiki Posts
Search

10 Year Anniversary Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2012, 7:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CX Marco Polo GO
interestingly, the date they used for me is the date i joined Asiamiles, not MPO.
Old Dec 9, 2012, 7:50 pm

Programs: CX Diamond (OW Emerald), former SQ Krisflyer Gold
Originally Posted by sf473
interestingly, the date they used for me is the date i joined Asiamiles, not MPO.
Correct, me too.

According to my understanding, the anniversary upgrades are given to SL & above based on availability. It doesn't matter if you were no status for the previous so many years (for my years 0-7 I was no status), what's important is your status at the time of your anniversary.
Old Dec 9, 2012, 10:36 pm
Suspended

Slightly off topic...but I didn't want to start a new thread.

I read from an older thread....since MPC keeps track of your "lifetime" mileage.
What if say you were an AM member for a few years, then joined/upgraded to MPC GR/SL etc.

Will your lifetime mileage take into account the previous miles you racked up during your AM years?
Old Dec 9, 2012, 11:33 pm

Originally Posted by CanucksHKG

I read from an older thread....since MPC keeps track of your "lifetime" mileage.
What if say you were an AM member for a few years, then joined/upgraded to MPC GR/SL etc.

Will your lifetime mileage take into account the previous miles you racked up during your AM years?
I guess it depends whether these lifetime mileage actually do for you. We know cx doesn't give lifetime memberships of higher tier status. So they could be just keeping internal record but nothing more.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 10:43 pm

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
If that is the case (which I believe it is), I did not get my 10-yr UG.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 10:44 pm

That is the case for me, but I remember hearing others report otherwise.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 10:46 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ernestnywang
That is the case for me, but I remember hearing others report otherwise.
Thanks. Appx. how many years ago did u go from AM->MPC?
Old Dec 10, 2012, 11:16 pm

Thanks. Appx. how many years ago did u go from AM->MPC?
I joined AM in 2001 and joined MPO in 2007.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 7:16 pm
Original Poster

Update: I was upgraded on KA903 PEK-HKG (the return leg of my journey) last night. Since I was transferring from an international CA flight, I checked in at the transfer desk which was not staffed by KA/CX. The lady there was quite confused about whatever her computer was telling her so she had to make a few calls. I eventually told her these messages might be related to my 10 year anniversary upgrade. Eventually she printed out a J class boarding pass!

The boarding pass has a "V" on it, maybe that's the code for anniversary upgrades? Op-ups usually have an "I" right?
Old Dec 11, 2012, 8:10 pm
Suspended

Update: I was upgraded on KA903 PEK-HKG (the return leg of my journey) last night. Since I was transferring from an international CA flight, I checked in at the transfer desk which was not staffed by KA/CX. The lady there was quite confused about whatever her computer was telling her so she had to make a few calls. I eventually told her these messages might be related to my 10 year anniversary upgrade. Eventually she printed out a J class boarding pass!

The boarding pass has a "V" on it, maybe that's the code for anniversary upgrades? Op-ups usually have an "I" right?
It is a voluntary upgrade compare to an involuntary upgrade in an opup
Old Dec 11, 2012, 8:51 pm

V - voluntary upgrade as in the CX knows they don't have to, but they are doing you a goodwill gesture, such as anniversary or birthday, etc.

I - involuntary, as in CX is forced to give you an upgrade because Y cabin is full and rather than turn people away due to overselling their cabin they rather move some people ahead a cabin.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 3:12 am
Original Poster

awesome, thanks for the explanation!
Old Nov 29, 2017, 3:00 am

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat

I am wondering how many days away were those flights from your actual anniversary date?

I am about to have some of my flights about 7-10 days earlier than my 10 year anniversary date, not sure if that would work.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 4:51 pm

It's great to be in MPC. However, I am wondering if they can still give you the anniversary or birthday upgrade if you put other OneWorld FFPs on the itinerary.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.