Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

How to assign F seats on CX on the 77W

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How to assign F seats on CX on the 77W

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2014, 4:02 pm

Same here, I had 2A on a HKG-MXP which became 2D yesterday. Will be calling to get back on 2A. (Shows as "Premium" on EF and "Not available" on CX MMB, which I think was the case previously)
Old May 18, 2014, 4:15 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by 869
Booked 1A and 2A five months ago on upcoming HKG-JFK. Under two weeks out and just lost 2A. Ef.
Is 2A still available on Expertflyer? After-all, it is a baby bassinet position.
Old May 18, 2014, 4:45 pm

Programs: BA Gold Lifetime, AA 2M, Delta 2M, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Club, EK Platinum
Same for me on two sectors on my next trip. I will call on Monday to get 2A back. Did not change for 1.5 months. I would love to meet the programmer who did this for CX.
Old May 18, 2014, 5:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by CanucksHKG
Is 2A still available on Expertflyer? After-all, it is a baby bassinet position.
Yes it is open. Assuming it is available still, I think the first bassinet request should go to an empty 2K over booting someone from 2A.
Old May 18, 2014, 7:00 pm

Haha, I have a reservation in December that I made back in January where I selected 2A, and just got booted out of that seat to 2D as well.
Old May 18, 2014, 9:54 pm

The booking I made recently in F on CX889 YVR-HKG travelling next week (Z class from QF points) for myself and infant automatically selected 1D.

After reading this thread I went online today to the CX website (using booking reference, not logged in with AsiaMiles account) ... and the system instantly allowed me to change to 2A. This suggests that the internal system rules for blocking do recognise a booking with infant and enable selection of the bassinet seat in 2A.

After the seat change I also updated the booking to AsiaMiles instead of QFF.

For the connecting short-haul flight on KA840 HKG-CKG with separate PNR, the system wouldn't let me select any seats due to Y class and no status, so I called the main number in HK. The lady checked that the baby was less than 12kg and then moved us to the front row with bassinets.
Old May 20, 2014, 2:12 am

Programs: Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by tng11
Haha, I have a reservation in December that I made back in January where I selected 2A, and just got booted out of that seat to 2D as well.
Same here. My reservation is for November, and I made it back in March. Looks like there is a sweep every so often and that mucks up the seat assignments.
Old May 20, 2014, 5:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by roastpuff
Same here. My reservation is for November, and I made it back in March. Looks like there is a sweep every so often and that mucks up the seat assignments.
Yep. One phone call Monday morning restored my seat, though the agent pushed back until I asked for a supervisor.
Old May 20, 2014, 7:02 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by 869
Yep. One phone call Monday morning restored my seat, though the agent pushed back until I asked for a supervisor.
Yup, had to push a little bit - I think it may have been the Philippines call centre that I got when I called the MPO HK line, as the accents sound like it.
Old May 20, 2014, 11:09 pm

Programs: AA,CX, BA, Priority Club, SPG, Hilton
Originally Posted by tng11
after reading all these, I just found out my seats with my wife on Oct was changed from 2D,K to 1A,D.... called the call center, no one answer the phone, AS USUAL!!
Old May 20, 2014, 11:58 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by roastpuff
Yup, had to push a little bit - I think it may have been the Philippines call centre that I got when I called the MPO HK line, as the accents sound like it.
It will be automatically transferred to Manila if you press English.
Old May 24, 2014, 10:41 am

Programs: Jose Cuervo Gold, Bud Light Platinum, Schwab 401K, VW Bug 2MM
I seem to have stumbled upon a way to select unblocked seats online. Was able to select 1K or 1A online (2A blocked). Will update when I confirm it works.
Old May 24, 2014, 8:06 pm

Originally Posted by exmike
I seem to have stumbled upon a way to select unblocked seats online. Was able to select 1K or 1A online (2A blocked). Will update when I confirm it works.
If the seat was unblocked to begin with, what is the problem of selecting them online? It has always been quite straight forward to do so under MMB.
Old May 24, 2014, 9:00 pm

Programs: Jose Cuervo Gold, Bud Light Platinum, Schwab 401K, VW Bug 2MM
Originally Posted by Fly Me To The Moon
If the seat was unblocked to begin with, what is the problem of selecting them online? It has always been quite straight forward to do so under MMB.
Sorry, I should have been more specific. For AA award flights on CX, you can not select seats online, and AA agents cannot assign 1A/K

In any case, it seems that if you go to "manage my reservation" on the qatar website using the amadeus PNR you can select 1A/K. Definitely could not do that through the CX website. Hope it sticks!
Old May 24, 2014, 10:51 pm

Programs: AP 75k
Originally Posted by exmike
Sorry, I should have been more specific. For AA award flights on CX, you can not select seats online, and AA agents cannot assign 1A/K

In any case, it seems that if you go to "manage my reservation" on the qatar website using the amadeus PNR you can select 1A/K. Definitely could not do that through the CX website. Hope it sticks!
Thanks! Seems to work

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.