FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Cathay Pacific | Cathay (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-cathay-487/)
-   -   Club Miles Milestone (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-cathay/1257454-club-miles-milestone.html)

amgsl55 Nov 22, 2014 1:26 am

I have achieved 751K miles and will fly to JFK two days later in PEY. Hope that there will be a milestone upgrade !

Cathay Boy Nov 22, 2014 10:35 am

Originally Posted by amgsl55 (Post 23880109)
I have achieved 751K miles and will fly to JFK two days later in PEY. Hope that there will be a milestone upgrade !

So far I have gotten S...., and I'm way beyond 751K miles....

amgsl55 Nov 24, 2014 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by amgsl55 (Post 23880109)

No upgrade for my 750K miles :(

amgsl55 May 5, 2015 5:15 am

My Wife just got milestone upgrade (750K miles) from London to Hong Kong.

traveler18 May 5, 2015 6:42 am

Not sure if milestone or not. After flying 1 M last week I flew MNL-HKG-LAX. On the MNL-HKG segment the ISM came over and congratulated me for achievedg 1 M. I was in J and there was no F on the MNL to HKG flight. At 1 hour prior to departure to LAX, I got a notification in my iPhone (I has a passbook entry for the boarding pass) that my seat had change to one in F.

I was on a J ticket, had SEC# 1, I am diamond, J was full, and had recently achieved 1 Million. So one of those caused the upgrade. No mentioned of why when I exchanged boarding passes. Whatever the reason I am thankful. Excellent crew,

aeroflyer88 Jun 24, 2015 9:33 pm

Just went past my 750k milestone. No upgrade. Have been DM for the past 5 years.

midlevels Jun 24, 2015 10:07 pm

Originally Posted by aeroflyer88 (Post 25023617)
Just went past my 750k milestone. No upgrade. Have been DM for the past 5 years.

Probably unlucky due to flight loading, one of my family members who passed 750K last year was upgraded roundtrip from J to F, flying HKG-ORD-HKG. He was a SL or GO at the time, can't remember which so the op-up can't have been due to tier status as there would be enough DM in J to op-up ahead of him.

lwhsiung Jun 27, 2015 8:55 am

2M miles this year, nothing happen but a card from crews

Cathay Boy Jun 28, 2015 8:24 am

Originally Posted by midlevels (Post 25023700)
Probably unlucky due to flight loading, one of my family members who passed 750K last year was upgraded roundtrip from J to F, flying HKG-ORD-HKG. He was a SL or GO at the time, can't remember which so the op-up can't have been due to tier status as there would be enough DM in J to op-up ahead of him.

I like to go on record that after 5 years as DM myself I have never gotten milestone upgrade....

ajhira Jan 11, 2016 10:34 pm

Milestone Upgrades

Did a brief search so I apologise if there is another thread on this but couldn't find anything.

Was about to cross 2MM last Nov and previously received my milestone upgrade on a flight that was about to cross the milestone figure (but hadn't yet done so). Did not receive an upgrade then but was clearly told by ground staff I will receive it on my next flight AFTER I cross the level. Took 3 flights since but no F on those flights (been ticketed in J) and also no message on system for upgrades. Finally today was on J from HKG-JFK and there was a single seat available in F (now at 2.09MM) but again did NOT receive the milestone upgrade.

I have received several milestone upgrades in the past including 1MM, 1.5MM and perhaps others (can't remember all but there were others).

Ground staff was surprised I did not get the upgrade and contacted Marco Polo for me but they could not do anything about it on the phone and supposedly Customer Relations is going to get back to me but I fail to understand why I need to "beg" for a milestone upgrade when others have received them.

In the spirit of being fair to all members, CX should simply post out certificates to all. They should not be giving milestone upgrades to some PAX and not others.

Moreover I think we need a master thread on this discussion so that MPO members are aware of what unpublished upgrades are available. Current system seems very unfair.

What milestones do you guys recall receiving upgrades at? I am not sure if they seem to be every 500,000 miles or every 250,000 miles.

sxc Jan 11, 2016 10:53 pm

Originally Posted by ajhira (Post 26003642)

Moreover I think we need a master thread on this discussion so that MPO members are aware of what unpublished upgrades are available. Current system seems very unfair.

Merged into the existing thread.

antkleve Jan 11, 2016 11:19 pm

What milestones do you guys recall receiving upgrades at? I am not sure if they seem to be every 500,000 miles or every 250,000 miles.

No upgrade at 3 MM milestone.

Marco Polo are not responsible for milestone upgrades - so they will not be able to do anything if you contact them.

maxlmn Jan 12, 2016 12:14 am

They should not be giving milestone upgrades to some PAX and not others.

In the same spirit, should they stop giving operational upgrades to some PAX and not others ?

The benefits that you are entitled to as a DM are the ones listed online, period.

Everything else is commercial good will and I guess it depends on many other factors as well. Just move on.

Daffie Jan 12, 2016 12:35 am

Originally Posted by maxlmn (Post 26003902)
In the same spirit, should they stop giving operational upgrades to some PAX and not others ?

The benefits that you are entitled to as a DM are the ones listed online, period.

Everything else is commercial good will and I guess it depends on many other factors as well. Just move on.

^^^ Couldn't agree more. This is no different from whining why sometimes even GR/no-status get op-up, while other pax don't. Fairness over an unpublished benefit? :rolleyes:

There was ONE F seats left available, and there could be so many other possibilities / prioritizes higher for CX to utilize that seat than to give it out for free. Maybe you should have booked Y/PEY, so they can give you a "milestone upgrade" to PEY/J next time :D

ajhira Jan 12, 2016 11:41 pm

So the consensus here based on the replies seems to be if I receive an upgrade for crossing 1MM miles (for example) you do not mind NOT receiving the upgrade for crossing the same milestone...? Wish you all were my customers... I'd save a lot of money.

There is a big difference between whining and standing up for yourself...

CX giving an op up is for their own reason but giving a milestone is a form of recognition... in other words they recognise me but not you for crossing the same number...?