FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Cathay Pacific | Cathay (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-cathay-487/)
-   -   Club Miles Milestone (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-cathay/1257454-club-miles-milestone.html)

Cathay Boy Aug 11, 2013 4:03 am

Finally got my first milestone upgrade to J. After 750K.

kirintea Aug 11, 2013 11:51 pm

Originally Posted by Cathay Boy (Post 21251683)
Finally got my first milestone upgrade to J. After 750K.

Grats!

I have just past 500K, but my next trip HKG-LHR coming up this week is a J class mileage redemption, will see if I will get an opup to F.

jagmeets Aug 12, 2013 12:37 am

Keep us posted! That would be a good data point to have. Just hope that there's F space on your flight - i'd wager that they would upgrade you irrespective of your booking being paid or redemption.

Given my experience, I think they do put in a conscious effort to make it special (they had upgraded my wife, who had been on a completely separate booking).

edwardc Aug 12, 2013 1:47 am

Is this a lifetime mile trek or an annual thing? 750K in a year seems a lot of traveling.

Syamyael Aug 12, 2013 2:05 am

Should be lifetime since someone is still gold at 500k.

Cathay Boy Aug 12, 2013 2:46 am

Originally Posted by edwardc (Post 21256283)
Is this a lifetime mile trek or an annual thing? 750K in a year seems a lot of traveling.

Lifetime

mayodave Aug 12, 2013 11:27 am

I and my wife always seem to get upgrade to F on our birthdays and I have had so many upgrades to F from C that it would be impossible to pin point if they had anything to do with milestones. I average about 250 K a year on CX but get way ore than one upgrade.

kirintea Aug 20, 2013 4:52 pm

Following up on previous post... No op-up even flight was not full, but to my surprise, I called MPC and the agent told me my record in CX internal system only has 480K instead of the 500K shown after Total Club miles since joining on my Account Balance page. I've email them a screen shot and waiting for their reply.

correctioncx Aug 20, 2013 7:38 pm

Originally Posted by jagmeets (Post 21256145)
Keep us posted! That would be a good data point to have. Just hope that there's F space on your flight - i'd wager that they would upgrade you irrespective of your booking being paid or redemption.

Given my experience, I think they do put in a conscious effort to make it special (they had upgraded my wife, who had been on a completely separate booking).

If the flight does not have the available cabin or it is full they will keep this for ur next flight. So becareful when u r flying around the milestone period and avoid TPE and all the shorthaul destinations.

frankyguy Aug 21, 2013 3:12 am

I hit 1.5 million miles with MPO several CX/KA trips ago. HKG-PVG, AKL-HKG, HKG-SIN. No acknowledgement, no upgrade, flights were not full. Given the posts on this thread, I’m surprised more than anything.

correctioncx Aug 21, 2013 4:01 am

Originally Posted by frankyguy (Post 21309180)
I hit 1.5 million miles with MPO several CX/KA trips ago. HKG-PVG, AKL-HKG, HKG-SIN. No acknowledgement, no upgrade, flights were not full. Given the posts on this thread, I’m surprised more than anything.

Most likely the systems were not in sync, or you might've got it just before and didn't realise? Anyway it is not guarantee.

Cathay Boy Aug 21, 2013 12:41 pm

It is inconsistent. Many people reported here they have 500K upgrade, I never got it. 750K was my first.

geraldchan05 Aug 21, 2013 8:12 pm

Got 500K upgrade during my HKG-TPE flight couple years back--refused the upgrade and refused again on the TPE-HKG leg as well. On my next leg HKG-BKK was advised to take the UG or else they may not give me the 500K upgrade (coz I was hoping they would UG me on the HKG-LHR leg coming up later intsead...)

Got a 750K upgrade last month on the TPE-HKG leg, luckily on a 33G..

Both times I asked explicitly for the UG reason and was told about the 500K/750K milestone

midlevels Sep 27, 2013 6:05 pm

I'm at 499200 miles and am wondering if the milestone upgrade is on the flight that takes you over the mark or the first flight after?

Based on this I will be sure to plan my flights so that the "correct" flight is a long haul one :)

sxc Sep 27, 2013 7:29 pm

I think it's the first flight after you reach the milestone after the system has had time to digest that you've reached the milestone. I knew this sounds odd but what I mean is that I had the situation where I reached 500k miles on my outbound long haul flight. My return was a few days later and the miles from the outbound had already posted. But I didn't get upgraded.

I got upgraded on my next flight a week later which was .... HKG - MNL :(