Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Advanced elite status based on bookings possible?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Advanced elite status based on bookings possible?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2010, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Dear Simmo. The trick to all this is to get your Corporate Travel Agent to do the talking for you. If your agency has any pull with CX, they can join your boss to MPC without the fee and maybe even comp him/her up to Silver based on the number of flights planned or already booked.
Old Sep 19, 2010, 8:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fakecd
20k mpc miles (roughtly speaking) and auto-comp to silver is correct. I had it happen to me in Mar 2010 (i was downgraded from gold to green last year and made back to silver again with 9k short of gold now) and to my friend earlier this summer 2010. I'm not happy about it there's just way too many silver out there. Have you seen how busy the lounge these days has been? Much of them displaying a Y-class boarding pass

That lowers the bar to 20+60+120k to a mere 200,000 club miles to diamond.
Thanks for the heads up. I realise the CX Lounges are pretty overcrowded in CX but i got to do what is best for my boss.

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Dear Simmo. The trick to all this is to get your Corporate Travel Agent to do the talking for you. If your agency has any pull with CX, they can join your boss to MPC without the fee and maybe even comp him/her up to Silver based on the number of flights planned or already booked.
I shall try this too thanks.
Old Sep 20, 2010, 1:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Simmo
Thanks for the heads up. I realise the CX Lounges are pretty overcrowded in CX but i got to do what is best for my boss.

I shall try this too thanks.
I just received a very pleasant phone call from MPC letting me know that they tried to help but without prior history of flying with Cathay or other airline elite status they cannot assist me. They did have offer some interesting leads and alternatives they i will follow up similar to what has already been suggested on this forum.
Old Sep 20, 2010, 6:09 am

Programs: CX Diamond, HH Diamond, A-Club Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Shangri-la Jade, Intercon Gold Ambassador
Guy Betsy's advice re using your Corporate Travel Agent is a good one.
Old Oct 1, 2010, 3:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ACORD
Guy Betsy's advice re using your Corporate Travel Agent is a good one.
Well it turns out the Japanese touch of going through the local sales office has produced the result we want with the boss being upgraded to Silver from start. Now the formality begins of company seals and statements of company earnings to prove we can afford to fly.

Anyone looking for the same sort of thing I would recommend going to you local sales office.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.