Wiki Posts
Search

Capital One Cafes

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2024, 11:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: Wyndham Diamond
Capital One Cafes

With a Capital One credit or debit card, you can get half off beverages while visiting a Capital One Cafe. There are a few in my city. Anyone been to one of these? How is the quality of the coffee? If you have been, in your experience, is the space a good spot to work out of for a few solid hours (ie have good wifi connection, enough outlets, not too loud or busy)?
Old Jan 5, 2024, 8:09 pm

Originally Posted by happychic
With a Capital One credit or debit card, you can get half off beverages while visiting a Capital One Cafe. There are a few in my city. Anyone been to one of these? How is the quality of the coffee? If you have been, in your experience, is the space a good spot to work out of for a few solid hours (ie have good wifi connection, enough outlets, not too loud or busy)?
They used to use Peet's coffee but now they use Verve. In my opinion, it's pretty good place to work and have a cheap cup of coffee. Occasionally they run offers for $1 any drinks too that they post on their Facebook page.

Depending on your C1 cafe, but most I've seen have private rooms and some even conference rooms so it's a great place to work.
happychic likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2024, 10:18 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA EXP, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Natl EE, Hertz Platinum
Our office used to be a block from one of the newer ones. It was my local walk down there for meetings and to grab a coffee. It was great getting 50% off drinks and the service was awesome!

Two nits:

1. You cant actually do any banking there. I needed to get a cashiers check one day. The staff there were powerless/useless. So it really is just a cafe! Id love it if they could actually perform some more advanced banking requests onsite.

2. The meeting rooms were only for non profit purposes. All of our conference rooms were booked one day, so I took my team down there to see if we could use one of their cool rooms. We were denied. Usually the rooms are always empty now. Silly policy from a customer perspective!
happychic likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2024, 8:21 am

Programs: Coffee Shop Buy 10 Get 1 Free
Not bad...stop by the one in Chinatown in Downtown DC sometimes when Im in the area. Decent coffee, decent space, better than Dunkin (awful coffee) and Starbucks (not great)
Old Jan 21, 2024, 4:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
We go to the one in Walnut Creek (CA) on occasion when were around. The half price coffee is a good deal, as Verve not inexpensive, but is good coffee. Its pretty spacious and comfy. Also the closest place to where we are to get Verve.

its a nice quiet place (at least when Ive been there) to get a coffee, relax, have a convo, etc.
Old Mar 14, 2024, 5:50 pm

Originally Posted by happychic
I work next door to one. I drink 2 cups a day.

None of the rooms at mine are reservation, they are first come first serve, but they are all small (4 people).
happychic likes this.
Old May 11, 2024, 11:40 pm

Originally Posted by JohnnyP
Our office used to be a block from one of the newer ones. It was my local walk down there for meetings and to grab a coffee. It was great getting 50% off drinks and the service was awesome!

Two nits:

1. You cant actually do any banking there. I needed to get a cashiers check one day. The staff there were powerless/useless. So it really is just a cafe! Id love it if they could actually perform some more advanced banking requests onsite.

2. The meeting rooms were only for non profit purposes. All of our conference rooms were booked one day, so I took my team down there to see if we could use one of their cool rooms. We were denied. Usually the rooms are always empty now. Silly policy from a customer perspective!
IRS and often local tax laws treat not for profit and profit organizations differently including regarding income streams. Then you have various local zoning laws regarding use of commercial spaces.

"Each Capital One Caf has a private community room dedicated to registered nonprofits, alumni groups and student clubs, which can book the room for free to use for meetings or events." https://www.capitalone.com/learn-gro...tal-one-cafes/

This tells me that Captial One has set up these Cafes and meeting rooms not as a "Third Space" like say a Starbucks would, but as a free amenity for local community. Cap One can make money from selling drinks and so forth, but likely are not set up to "rent out" those meeting rooms at profit like you'd see at a "WeWork" sort of setting.
Old May 14, 2024, 12:57 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
They have capital one ATMs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.