Reload this Page >

Vancouver 2010 Olympic Tickets!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Vancouver 2010 Olympic Tickets!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2009, 10:46 am

Programs: AMEX PLATINUM, AMEX AEROPLAN PLATINUM, AMEX SPG, AA LIFETIME GOLD, FAIRMONT PLATINUM, SPG GOLD
Originally Posted by fti
Talk about a stupid package. The $30,000 price includes THREE nights of lodging but the event tickets they are including are spread over the entire olympic period. Obviously they want you to spend another $500/night for the condo for another 13 nights.
I don't see where it says only three nights of lodging...It says 19 days from Feb 11th to Mar 1st. I think the $500 per night is if someone wants to arrive earlier or stay later than the dates for the Olympics.
Old Dec 29, 2009, 9:07 pm

Originally Posted by amar_amar
$600,000 for one month is a little hard to believe.

This condo in downtown seems a little better deal, if you can afford it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/2010-OLYMPICS-CO...item4a9d4f4e0b
He claims it was a royal family of some country that wanted his place. He declined because he wants it for his own use for the Olympics. Whether the price is accurate I don't know, but according to an article I found on google, he turned down a $16 million offer for his adjoining properties (the houses are connected by a tunnel) in 2005 because he couldn't find anything else with ski-away access on the slopes and as secluded as his place.
Old Dec 30, 2009, 12:28 am

Programs: AC E75, SPG Plat, HH peon-by-choice (ex Gold)
Originally Posted by amar_amar
This condo in downtown seems a little better deal, if you can afford it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/2010-OLYMPICS-CO...item4a9d4f4e0b
That condo is by nightclub row. It can (and will) get noisy and rowdy.
Old Jan 3, 2010, 4:58 pm

Well looks like I'll be going to Vancouver for work for a few days to train some people on computers. Will probably be there for a few days at the beginning.
I'm guessing:

Thursday 02/11/10 - Monday 02/15/10.

I went to the Salt Lake games for some of the events (as a spectator) and had a great time.

Luckily they have rented an apartment the entire games and so finding a place to stay won't be as issue.

My first time to Vancouver!
Old Jan 3, 2010, 6:25 pm

Programs: AC E75, SPG Plat, HH peon-by-choice (ex Gold)
Welcome to YVR!

Feel free to ask Q's about this city.
Old Jan 3, 2010, 8:00 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus Silver, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by bowdenj
Well looks like I'll be going to Vancouver for work for a few days to train some people on computers.
Are you a Canadian? If not, make sure you've got your visa issues worked out before you 'work for a few days to train some people on computers.'

Don't mean to sound negative, but just as Canadians like me have a hard time doing this in the USA, Americans have a hard time doing this in Canada. Not sure if things are 'relaxed' for the Olympics, but you should look into it...
Old Jan 5, 2010, 1:22 pm

So I get this email from HBC - bargain price going to the winter olympics...bargain price starts at 5K.

So going to vancouver in the middle of winter? maybe 500$ for airfare
Luxury hotel...maybe 250$ a night?
Breakfast lets splurge and say 50$ each a day... so we're still "only"
at $2500 CDN for 2 people

The gold medal hockey final package for two people is $22,000 US (5 events, one of them is the gold medal final and one is the closing ceremonies)!

$2000 per event? You have to be kidding me...

https://www.cosport.net/hbc

password HBCVancouver
offer until Jan 15th
Old Jan 5, 2010, 1:48 pm

Programs: HH-S WS-G
The thing that got me about the HBC "offer" is that it's priced in USD. This is a "Canadian" company doing business in Canada. I know that the Canadian dollar is getting pretty close to parity again, what happens if the CAD goes beyond will HBC suddenly change their "offer" to Canadian dollars?
Old Jan 5, 2010, 4:12 pm

Programs: AC, BW, National
Tickets up for auction on the Vanoc site

Tickets for several events just went up today on the Vanocsite.

(I'm just the messenger, don't shoot me! )

..... SC
Old Jan 5, 2010, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
And tips about getting a place to stay:

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/british-col...modations.html
Old Jan 5, 2010, 5:54 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus Silver, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by ShaneCulver
(I'm just the messenger, don't shoot me! )
I'm afraid your failure to use the terms ringmasters, five ring circus and scam in an FT 2010 Olympics thread post has resulted in a requirement for your execution by firing squad.

Up against the wall. Blindfold? :P
Old Jan 8, 2010, 11:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My local LA-area costco is selling package deals for two to Vancouver Olympics: 3 nights of cruise ship accommodations plus 4 events (assume 2 tix for each) for appr $5-6K.
None of the events are in whistler, I think it was short trek skating, figure skating, snowboarding (IIRC) and smth else. No hockey.

Also interestingly enough the airfare to YVR during the olympics is close to all time low at least on my memory. I may need to make a day trip to visit a client and it is <$250 AI for SFO-YVR rt. It's cheaper to fly in daily to watch the events than to stay there.
Old Jan 10, 2010, 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by azepine00
Also interestingly enough the airfare to YVR during the olympics is close to all time low at least on my memory. I may need to make a day trip to visit a client and it is <$250 AI for SFO-YVR rt. It's cheaper to fly in daily to watch the events than to stay there.
I'm starting to look at airfares and IND - YVR roundtrip around $560.00. I'm only going to be there for a few days and its amazing that the games are approaching so quickly!
Old Jan 12, 2010, 11:23 am

See Vancouver & Whistler in an RV

Driving an RV through Vancouver and Whistler could be another option. RV parks are generally cheaper than hotels and if you have enough time you can drive comfortably from your hometown to the games. Whistler RV Park & Campgrounds still has availability for most days with prices ranging from $40 - $159 in February and March. Visit www.whistlerrvpark.com for more info.
Old Jan 12, 2010, 3:50 pm

Programs: *wood gold, aeroplan
Originally Posted by azepine00
My local LA-area costco is selling package deals for two to Vancouver Olympics: 3 nights of cruise ship accommodations plus 4 events (assume 2 tix for each) for appr $5-6K.
None of the events are in whistler, I think it was short trek skating, figure skating, snowboarding (IIRC) and smth else. No hockey.

Do you want hockey tickets? I have 2 pairs for Men's hockey. USA vs Switzerland on Feb 16 and Sweden vs Germany Feb 17. Bought them with the intention of going but can't swing it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.