Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Passport necessary for a layover in Canada

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2008, 5:46 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, UA2MM, QF Platinum, VA Platinum., Volare Executive Club
Originally Posted by honmani2
All the flights are UA-coded; in fact HNL-SFO-YVR are on UA metal. It's only the YVR-ANC segment that is UA-coded but AC metal.
Well, I guess you did this to yourself.
Old Jul 15, 2008, 8:57 am

Programs: DL,AC,HH,PC
Originally Posted by Grace B
Well, I guess you did this to yourself.
True. I hope it was a good price compared to flying AS direct.
Old Jul 18, 2008, 6:31 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by paytonc
a law that requires travel within one country to be carried only by that country's carriers. you're not allowed to connect in Canada, Mexico, Cuba, Armenia, etc. if only traveling between two points in the USA,
This is not the case - the carrier is the key issue - not the routing. US DOT has confirmed a US carrier can sell a ticket between 2 points in the US connecting in Timbuktu if desired - they only care about the flag of the carrier. So flying AA DFW-YUL-LGA is totally, completely fine.

The gray area on this is the carrier - does a codeshare count as operated by a US carrier? I was once routed LAX-MEX-JFK when all LAX-JFK were full, with all flights being on mexicana metal with AA flt. numbers. Out of curiosity, I emailed them afterwards and DOT responded that the issue is ambiguous (and probably not that big of a deal)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.