Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Canada
Reload this Page >

Lesliville: Deconstructed (for the weary traveller)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lesliville: Deconstructed (for the weary traveller)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2009, 8:51 pm
B1

Originally Posted by kellytoronto
So anyone else tried the cottage yet? Nice patio, good beer, good (limited) food, lousy service. Hopefully the latter gets fixed.
It was reviewed in the Globe a couple of weeks ago - not much about the food, mostly decor.
Old Jul 17, 2009, 4:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Fairmont Platinum | AC Gate Lice Status | VIPorter
Exclamation

I have a shocking revelation to reveal. I did speak of it at the last FT Do in hushed tones on a need-to-know-basis..., but...for a while now, I have not lived in Leslieville!

Being younger with no need for a house I am a renter, and have since moved to a newer rental condo near King W. @ Bathurst. www.leasefifty.com

I still travel to and through the 'olde 'hood at least once per month (no PB it's not for the local "talent" ) in fact tonight or tomorrow I shall shop at the Leslieville Loblaws & Canadian Tire.

Alas, L-ville will remain an exclusive enclave for Es and SEs alone.

I am in fact now within walking distance from YTZ!
Old Jul 17, 2009, 7:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PreferBulkhead
Too far in the wrong direction for me The Roy is my hang-out ... was mentioned in the Toronto Life magazine in-fact - I was one of the bar-flies written about
You're famous! Is it in this article?

http://www.torontolife.com/features/roy/
Old Jul 18, 2009, 8:33 am

Programs: ACMM / Altitude S100K / HH Diamond
The online article and the one in the print copy were a tad different with the print copy having additional text ... that is where you will see the bar flies comment Always nice to know I am noticed
Old Jul 18, 2009, 7:18 pm
Original Poster

The Roy sounds like a great place...maybe an SE or E could host a YYZ Do there!!! ^
Old Jul 19, 2009, 9:21 am

Originally Posted by Tangoer
The Roy sounds like a great place...maybe an SE or E could host a YYZ Do there!!! ^
It is a cozy place and they do not take reservations so likely not ... and maybe that is a good thing

However ... maybe the Cottage? KellyToronto could be the lead!
Old Jul 25, 2009, 4:34 am

Programs: VIPorter First, BA GGL, DL Plat, Golden Circle Elite
It is a cozy place and they do not take reservations so likely not ... and maybe that is a good thing

However ... maybe the Cottage? KellyToronto could be the lead!
Unfortunately, I will not be SE past this year due to my IKK protest leaving me at E. Additionally, there are no reservations. However, I'd be up for a spontaneous meeting on the patio there.
Old Jul 26, 2009, 12:40 pm

Unfortunately, I will not be SE past this year due to my IKK protest leaving me at E. Additionally, there are no reservations. However, I'd be up for a spontaneous meeting on the patio there.
Excuses ... excuses ... I will remain (for the time being) spontaneous at The Roy! but almost walked as fare as the Cottage today -- but got waylaid by the beer-store

Last edited by PreferBulkhead; Jul 26, 2009 at 4:37 pm
Old Aug 3, 2009, 12:57 pm

Finally took a meander down there - both yesterday and today - surprise to me is that it was closed both days with the picnic table across the entrance and narry an note as to why ... hot days both and seems to me that weekend would have been a good time for a pub to be open ... oh well - I went back to the Roy both days!

I tried twice and will not be back again -- you do not build a clientele that way IMHO!!

Funny thing was when I got to the Roy yesterday there were 2 groups there who had come from downtown to go to the "cottage" and were also surprised to see it closed ... so they went to the Roy and we all had a rip roaring time

Last edited by PreferBulkhead; Aug 3, 2009 at 1:37 pm
Old Aug 4, 2009, 12:04 pm

Programs: VIPorter First, BA GGL, DL Plat, Golden Circle Elite
It is a little odd. They're only open from 5PM on.... Brunch is starting soon.
Old Aug 5, 2009, 7:33 pm
Original Poster

Mmm it sounds like there is a restaurant rivalry developing between East L-ville and West L-ville (with Leslie St. as the dividing line).
Can't we all just agree that Tasty Chicken House represents the pinnacle, the nadir, the apex of L-ville fine dining??
Old Aug 6, 2009, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by Tangoer
Mmm it sounds like there is a restaurant rivalry developing between East L-ville and West L-ville (with Leslie St. as the dividing line).
Can't we all just agree that Tasty Chicken House represents the pinnacle, the nadir, the apex of L-ville fine dining??
Tell you what - being the cono-sewer that you are how about you do some dining reviews from the Tasty and let us decide based on your experiences? I am thinking 3 visits should do it? You up to it?

Last edited by PreferBulkhead; Aug 6, 2009 at 12:17 pm
Old Aug 6, 2009, 12:58 pm

Programs: aeroplan E .HH.
tasty chicken not

what its cracked up to be, however Nathalie Roze n co has great ice cream lane /garden spot@1015
Old Aug 14, 2009, 6:44 pm

Tell you what - being the cono-sewer that you are how about you do some dining reviews from the Tasty and let us decide based on your experiences? I am thinking 3 visits should do it? You up to it?
Sigh - I guess the Tan - goer is not a goer at all - but more a talker!!! Likely sitting comfortably in a non-Leslieville bar and wishing he was still in the 'ville.!

Wannabe!!!
Old Aug 15, 2009, 6:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ooops I forgot it's summer. Lots of tanning going in Leslieville. Rock on!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.