Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Proof of having left Canada

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2019, 8:55 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, BAEC, Alaska, Flying Blue, United, IHG, Hilton
Credit card transactions are a good start. If you were at work in your home country, what about a statement from your co-workers?
Old Sep 20, 2019, 4:06 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Santander
He mentioned European (presumably EU) passport, implying he used the e-gates.
No implication of using e-gates, even if you talk to a border official they don't stamp a EU passport.
Old Sep 20, 2019, 4:08 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by birdiedouble
Have they offered any proof of your offense?

I've read through many of the Montreal by-laws tonight and I'm stumped which one it might be
I must say, as an ex-Montrealer I'm curious as well!
Old Sep 20, 2019, 6:44 pm

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
what is the standard of proof for the alleged offence

I am not (as) convinced that this is as simple as proving you were out of the country........
Under Quebec law, there is a concept known as absolute liability. If, for example, my car is parked illegally, its not a defense to say I was outside the country. The car is registered in my name and I am absolutely liable for any infractions.
The OP avoided saying what the offence is? Until we know more details, I (for one) am not of the view that demonstrating one is out of the country is a get out of jail free card.
Moving offences are even worse IMO. In Ontario, the officer is a no show, I walk. Not in la belle province. Proof in PQ is admissable by means of an affadavit.
The bottom line? I need to know more about the offence first before providing an opinion.
Old Sep 26, 2019, 4:26 pm
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Even if you send in all the proof if the world they will take your case to city court, then before the procedure they will make you an offer or withdraw. Even in the most clear cut situations La Ville De Montreal never backs down. Be prepared to have this drag on
Old Nov 13, 2019, 6:37 pm

Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
Incidentally how did this end?
Old Nov 14, 2019, 7:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
The court hasn't even managed to assign a prosecutor yet that I could talk to / send docs to, despite the hearing in court being scheduled for early Dec. The speed at which they move is really mind-boggling....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.