Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Canada
Reload this Page >

Do I need a birth certificate to fly with my baby within Canada?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Do I need a birth certificate to fly with my baby within Canada?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2011, 11:39 am
Original Poster

Smile Do I need a birth certificate to fly with my baby within Canada?

hey sorry guys this is probably out of context, but i am trying to get a ticket to fly (within Canada), with my baby, but they are taking soo long to send his birth certificate. I was wondering if they even will let him fly without it or not. Anyway, please let me know ASAP. Thank you.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 1:00 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Tekmu, welcome to FlyerTalk. As your post was within a thread of a different subject, I broke it out to be its own thread, gave it a descriptive thread title and I'll now move it to the Travel->Canada forum for discussion. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, TravelBuzz.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 2:16 pm
B1

Originally Posted by Tekmu
hey sorry guys this is probably out of context, but i am trying to get a ticket to fly (within Canada), with my baby, but they are taking soo long to send his birth certificate. I was wondering if they even will let him fly without it or not. Anyway, please let me know ASAP. Thank you.
Normally, you need positive identification of some sort. If you are married then they might ask for a letter from your spouse giving permission to take the child. It would be a good idea to call the airline and speak to someone who knows for sure.
Old Jan 12, 2011, 7:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
I would not expect any airline to allow you to fly domestically without any government issues ID for the infant.
Old Jan 12, 2011, 9:06 am

The AC website (http://www.aircanada.com/en/travelin...ant-child.html) indicates that a birth certificate "may" be required for travel within Canada, but in my experience traveling with infants, we have never been asked for the child's identification whether the child is traveling with both parents, or just one.
Old Jan 28, 2011, 3:58 pm

Programs: AC SE, AMEX Plat, Marriott Gold, NEXUS/GE
Originally Posted by tcook052
I would not expect any airline to allow you to fly domestically without any government issues ID for the infant.
Have flown countless time with infants...never once been asked.
Old Jan 28, 2011, 9:14 pm

Originally Posted by tcook052
That's absurd. My wife and I have flown dozens of times domestically in Canada with our children over the last 5 years and not once have either of us been asked for ID for them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.