Wiki Posts
Search

How to meet a client in SFO?

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2004, 9:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: UAL 1K, Marriott, Hilton Gold. Delta Silver Medallion
Question How to meet a client in SFO?

I am planning to meet a potential client in SFO around the airport tomorrow on my way back from LAS to SFO. I know that there is a 4 hr max. limit for flights not to be considered as stop over. I would like to get some information on how and where to meet the client.

-Would I be able change my ticket without having any penalties? (BUA fare)
-I will need to get off the airport and go some suitable place closer but I will have my carry on with me. Any place I can store them at the airport? Or should I check that bag and have them deal with it 4-5 at the airport?
Old May 13, 2004, 9:58 am

Programs: BA GLD
The BUA fare is fully changeable as long as you don't go over the four hours or you'll pay extra. There are numerous hotels around the airport that have free shuttle busses that circle every 10-15 minutes. So just hop one of those and use the lounge or restaurant at the hotel. The Hyatt, Westin, Marriott and Radisson are all nice.
Old May 13, 2004, 4:45 pm

Programs: United 1K (1 Million Miler)/ SPG Lifetime- Plat-
I lived in San Bruno for almost 20 years and know the area quite well. As the previous poser said, all the hotels are nice.

If you're looking for something a bit different than hotels and want to get some good food at the same time, I would suggest T R Italian Restaurant at 460 San Mateo Avenue in San Bruno, (650) 589-3805. Their prices are great and the food is excellent. If it is on special, I recommend the crab stuffed Salmon.

Another place I would recommend is Zack's Bar & Grill, 100 El Camino Real, Millbrae (650) 697-5821. Again, excellent food but a bit more pricey than TR.

Neither place is very "fancy" as most people are wearing jeans. Both are fairly quiet and you should have no problem getting a table set apart from the others to talk business. Both places are less than a 5 minute cab ride from SFO.

Not sure if there is any place in SFO to dump your bag for a few hours.

Hope this can help you.
Old May 13, 2004, 7:22 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Since the UA fare question has been answered, I am going to move this to the SFO forum where it seems more apt.

Thanks.

Chuck
aka cblaisd
Moderator, United
Old Jul 24, 2004, 11:36 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Most, if not all, US airports have done away with left luggage facilities and lockers - thank the "terrs" for that.

The best advice, IMO, is to take the frequent shuttle (look for the "Hotel Shuttle" stops on the SECOND or departure - not arrivals - floor in the middle of the auto lanes) to the Marriott - it's quite close by, avoids using US 101 (which can get "crowded" at times, and has a large, failry comfy lobby lounge area - plus a snack / bar outlet, bar and restaurant as well.

Or, asuming airline lounge access, have them issue your guest a pass for a meeting with you.

I'd leave any checked baggage checked through to your destination.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.