New Year's Eve in San Diego, CA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Year's Eve in San Diego, CA

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2016, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don't think the outlets are worth the drive myself. Traffic on the 5 will be bad on Monday.

Have alternate plans in case of rain, it's been quite rainy here.
Old Dec 24, 2016, 5:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, A3*G, HH DIA, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
I don't think the outlets are worth the drive myself. Traffic on the 5 will be bad on Monday.

Have alternate plans in case of rain, it's been quite rainy here.
I have now rented a Ford Mustang for Jan 1 to 2... so I'll keep my fingers crossed for good weather.

Maybe, the Anza-Borrego State Park has its own microclimate that differs from the coast...

But actually, most of the activities I have in mind depend on good weather. What are your bad weather alternatives?
Old Dec 24, 2016, 9:00 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by LennartH
Maybe, the Anza-Borrego State Park has its own microclimate that differs from the coast...
Anza-Borrego State Park is in the desert. It's climate, while varied, is quite different than what you'll experience in the coastal areas.
Old Dec 27, 2016, 11:46 pm

Originally Posted by LennartH
I have now rented a Ford Mustang for Jan 1 to 2... so I'll keep my fingers crossed for good weather.

But actually, most of the activities I have in mind depend on good weather. What are your bad weather alternatives?
On your way out to the Desert, you might spend a little time in the town of Julian, a little rustic tourist spot where you can find a nice slice of apple pie.

I just checked the weather for that part of your itinerary and it looks promising...a chance of rain, but the temps will be warm enough to keep the snow away. Which, as it turns out, is a consideration this time of year for those headed east because, as you make your way to the desert, there are some areas where the elevation is enough to get some decent snowfall and treacherous roads.

Enjoy your time here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.