Reload this Page >

Find Flights Up to 80% OFF

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Find Flights Up to 80% OFF

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2017, 5:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM, HH Diamond, Marriott/SPG Gold (UA comp)
I plugged in LAX for June 24-25 and got back one hit: Conakry, Guinea @ $2103. Trip score showed 8.3 in the small button, but slowed 8.4 once I clicked on the listing. It based the score on cpm.
Outbound was via YUL and BRU and return was 3 stops.

ITA showed a 3 stop on the outbound and return for $2281. App was less stops and $178 less. Didn't scrutinize the stops/connections etc but in concept this wacky itinerary was better w the app than ITA.

You can sort by
-deal quality
-max budget
-destination
-safety and
-warmth

Next, I put in LAX June 24-July 2 and got back 4 trips but none were the exact dates I wanted. The trips were Curaçao, Iceland, Suriname, and Guinea again. Curaçao June 24-28 was priced at $598 and went through BOG (on Avianca), but return had a 19h layover. Clicking through showed that price changed to $603 w/ taxes. ITA had it at $840 and was the cheapest on the site (same 19h layover).

Clicking on "book now" showed that the flight would be booked via justfly.com, powered by skyscanner.
On that page within the app the seat map allows you to choose seats, enter pax info and CC info, all on same page. It's refreshing that you don't have to enter more data to get through so many steps before seeing all of the pertinent info.

I then went to justfly.com on my laptop and found what seems to be the same trip for $504.96, total $606.52 so ~ same price as the app, and same 1-page entry for all info including seatmap-nice.

Justfly also had a "book by phone" price of $494.96, total $596.52. A rough timeframe of departure times was shown on this call-in fare, which coincided w the same time that the outbound on Avianca was, but the return times did not coincide with the Avianca return.

Next, I went to Google flights and found the same ones that the app and justfly had found, but at $698. Just to be sure, I went to ITA again and verified lowest price for that itinerary was $840.

So I guess I just learned that google beats ITA. But the app and justfly beat google by about $90. Maybe worth a try running a search through justfly, but I don't see any advantage to the app, other than it's smartphone-based. And it seems to only spit out certain flights for dates that you input, while justfly gives you output similar to how other flight search engines do (i.e. exact dates).

FYI, justfly has a 4h cancellation policy, If you want 24h, it's an extra $19.99

Last edited by weezl; Apr 1, 2017 at 5:55 pm
Old Apr 18, 2017, 9:50 pm

Originally Posted by bobert24
2. Unless there's something I'm missing, the prices listed on the search results screen really should include taxes and fees. Those are shown on the next screen when you select a flight, so the app is obviously capable of pulling them. I've had many international flights that show up in the $500 range, but are closer to $1500 when you go to that next screen and see the taxes and fees. Obviously, this is frustrating and a waste of time.

I'm guessing the tax-less display may be useful for some who are going to try a trick or two, but the vast majority of your everyday users who download this app won't have any interest in/knowledge of those. Maybe provide an option to turn that on and off?
I just wanted to echo this. It seemed very confusing when I got flight prices, clicked for details, and only then am shown the final price. The final price is all I care about, and there is currently no option to display that on the search results. Seems like an awesome app, but this is a pretty critical issue to me.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 7:18 am
Original Poster

Hey guys, it's been a super busy and interesting year! Our userbase has grown quite a bit and we're still offering the app completely free and free of ads. We added numerous improvements along the way.

Here are just some improvements to mention:

-Multi-language support added (5 languages total)
-Currency selection (every currency in the world)
-Improved algorithm and flight analysis (fixed custom filters as well)
-Added advanced search settings.
-Now you can search one-way cheapest flights, that means you can plan a backpacking trip or plan a trip around the world crazy cheap.
-You can specify stay duration (although obviously limits results).
-You can select which airlines you want to fly with or exclude
-You can select direct flights only
-Once you set up alerts, you can view matching flights instantly on the alerts page
-Improved push notifications
-Added ability for users to pick which site they would like to book from
& more!

We have received plenty of e-mails from people who found insanely cheap flights, which included error fares, fuel dumps, and discounted flights. There's really no better way to find the cheapest flights in real time without relying on newsletters or certain sites to find them, which only post content on their convenience.

We are slowly fulfilling our goal of making travel more affordable and fun for everyone.

Originally Posted by bobert24
OP, I don't know if you're still checking this thread, but I've got a bug report and a suggestion:

1. Not really a bug so much as a typo. When looking at Flight Details, the word "Direct" has an extra R - "Dirrect".

2. Unless there's something I'm missing, the prices listed on the search results screen really should include taxes and fees. Those are shown on the next screen when you select a flight, so the app is obviously capable of pulling them. I've had many international flights that show up in the $500 range, but are closer to $1500 when you go to that next screen and see the taxes and fees. Obviously, this is frustrating and a waste of time.

I'm guessing the tax-less display may be useful for some who are going to try a trick or two, but the vast majority of your everyday users who download this app won't have any interest in/knowledge of those. Maybe provide an option to turn that on and off?

I had a pretty detailed response to this that seems to have disappeared. The short version is money. iOS apps make 4-5x as much (depending on whose numbers you use) per active device than Android.
1. Corrected
2. The prices in the search results DO include taxes and fees, however, often times the data displayed there is delayed (due to no fault of our own) and once you click on the actual flight it fetches most up to date data and it is often a different price. Annoying, but not much we can do from our end.

Originally Posted by SEA-Flyer
Just tried this. The filtering seems very odd. When I tell it include the destination safety filter (more heavily weight safer destinations and lower the weight on unsafe destinations) and sort by score, Kinshasa, Brazzaville, and Freetown go way up the list as attractive destinations, and Auckland, Fukuoka, and Singapore all go way down as unattractive destinations. I think you'd have some difficulty finding many people who would claim that Congo, Democratic Republic of the Congo, and Sierra Leone are safer than New Zealand, Japan, and Singapore.
We made a few changes to the algorithm and accidentally screwed a few things up, it's functioning correctly now and better than ever.

Originally Posted by weezl
I plugged in LAX for June 24-25 and got back one hit: Conakry, Guinea @ $2103. Trip score showed 8.3 in the small button, but slowed 8.4 once I clicked on the listing. It based the score on cpm.
Outbound was via YUL and BRU and return was 3 stops.

ITA showed a 3 stop on the outbound and return for $2281. App was less stops and $178 less. Didn't scrutinize the stops/connections etc but in concept this wacky itinerary was better w the app than ITA.

You can sort by
-deal quality
-max budget
-destination
-safety and
-warmth

Next, I put in LAX June 24-July 2 and got back 4 trips but none were the exact dates I wanted. The trips were Curaçao, Iceland, Suriname, and Guinea again. Curaçao June 24-28 was priced at $598 and went through BOG (on Avianca), but return had a 19h layover. Clicking through showed that price changed to $603 w/ taxes. ITA had it at $840 and was the cheapest on the site (same 19h layover).

Clicking on "book now" showed that the flight would be booked via justfly.com, powered by skyscanner.
On that page within the app the seat map allows you to choose seats, enter pax info and CC info, all on same page. It's refreshing that you don't have to enter more data to get through so many steps before seeing all of the pertinent info.

I then went to justfly.com on my laptop and found what seems to be the same trip for $504.96, total $606.52 so ~ same price as the app, and same 1-page entry for all info including seatmap-nice.

Justfly also had a "book by phone" price of $494.96, total $596.52. A rough timeframe of departure times was shown on this call-in fare, which coincided w the same time that the outbound on Avianca was, but the return times did not coincide with the Avianca return.

Next, I went to Google flights and found the same ones that the app and justfly had found, but at $698. Just to be sure, I went to ITA again and verified lowest price for that itinerary was $840.

So I guess I just learned that google beats ITA. But the app and justfly beat google by about $90. Maybe worth a try running a search through justfly, but I don't see any advantage to the app, other than it's smartphone-based. And it seems to only spit out certain flights for dates that you input, while justfly gives you output similar to how other flight search engines do (i.e. exact dates).

FYI, justfly has a 4h cancellation policy, If you want 24h, it's an extra $19.99
We have added the ability to pick which sites you want to book from.

Originally Posted by jupiterslament
I just wanted to echo this. It seemed very confusing when I got flight prices, clicked for details, and only then am shown the final price. The final price is all I care about, and there is currently no option to display that on the search results. Seems like an awesome app, but this is a pretty critical issue to me.
The prices in the search results DO include taxes and fees, however, often times the data displayed there is delayed (due to no fault of our own) and once you click on the actual flight it fetches most up to date data and it is often a different price. Annoying, but not much we can do from our end.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 2:05 am

sir please make it for android too? many thanks
financialhippie likes this.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 11:49 pm

Originally Posted by snappyjones
Before mods get riled up, I'm not here to advertise anything and I won't post any links on this thread. While this may be my first post, I can assure you I've been a member for a long time. However, I didn't contribute much to the community but I did learn a lot. I used FT (and a couple of other forums) for deals, travel related questions and more.

So for the last couple of years I've been very fortunate because I've figured out some ways to get REALLY cheap flights. However, this process was long and arduous. I always thought I would make this big post explaining exactly how to do it, but honestly, I think most people would lose me by the first paragraph. And it just took too much time. I managed to find crazy deals like $200 RT from NYC to Europe, under $200 RT to Dubai, $350 RT to Indonesia and many many more. My girlfriend and I used this time to start our travel YouTube channel (which once again I won't link to because then everyone will think I'm just here to promote that), gain some film production experience and just share adventures while we're young.

Anyhow, for a year now, I've been working on an app that would automate my flight finding process which would not only save me some time but also anyone else who is looking for cheap deals. Well I'm super excited to say it, but it's very much close to completion! :-:

So why am I bothering anyone? Well, I really wanted to give back to the communities that helped me get started with travel. For now, the app is still being worked on and being tested. Only a handful of close friends know about its existence. Soon, it will be available for everyone (for free!) but I wanted to give an opportunity to a few members to access it now. I really don't expect or want anything in return and there's no catch.

So anyone with an iPhone device (sorry for now Android users) may PM me saying "I want it" and I will send you the download link. This is available for the first 15 people only. Once we're ready to support all of you beautiful people, I will let you know! ^

BIG UPDATE: We've gotten great feedback (thanks all those that were the test bunnies) and while trying to keep it a secret it has started to spread really fast. As far as we can tell it seems to be able to handle a good amount of users so I am pleased to announce that we are releasing it to the public!

You can now download the app for free on the app store! It's called ScoreTrip. You can read more about it on the app store or scoretrip.com. However here's the quick summary:

Let's face it, if you know where you want to go and what dates, there's a million apps out there that will help you find flights. This app is different.
Here's how it works. Type in your airport and with one click the app starts crawling millions of flights and then analyzes and scores each one based on how good the actual deal is. In just seconds you'll feast your eyes on ridiculous deals available right now! You don't need to know when or where you want to go.

Not only that, you can go further and add filters to narrow down the results. These personalized filters allow you to find your next spontaneous adventure even quicker. Hate the cold? Turn on the warmth filter. Want to go somewhere safe? Turn on the safety filter. Want to save some money while there? Turn on the cost of stay filter. You can also arrange these filters in order of importance. All these filters will effect the scores of your flights, meaning the top scoring flight is actually your perfect flight!

In 2 minutes, you can find an incredibly cheap flight to somewhere you've never would've been able to go otherwise. If you're open to adventures, I think you'll love the app.

UPDATE 2: The app started spreading so fast that we had to remove it from sale on the App Store. Typically, this would be a great thing, but our servers couldn't handle the load. We are working to fix this, so hopefully it's up soon! Sorry about the inconvenience.

Is this working Still?
Old Aug 7, 2018, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by snappyjones
Before mods get riled up, I'm not here to advertise anything and I won't post any links on this thread. While this may be my first post, I can assure you I've been a member for a long time. However, I didn't contribute much to the community but I did learn a lot. I used FT (and a couple of other forums) for deals, travel related questions and more.

So for the last couple of years I've been very fortunate because I've figured out some ways to get REALLY cheap flights. However, this process was long and arduous. I always thought I would make this big post explaining exactly how to do it, but honestly, I think most people would lose me by the first paragraph. And it just took too much time. I managed to find crazy deals like $200 RT from NYC to Europe, under $200 RT to Dubai, $350 RT to Indonesia and many many more. My girlfriend and I used this time to start our travel YouTube channel (which once again I won't link to because then everyone will think I'm just here to promote that), gain some film production experience and just share adventures while we're young.

Anyhow, for a year now, I've been working on an app that would automate my flight finding process which would not only save me some time but also anyone else who is looking for cheap deals. Well I'm super excited to say it, but it's very much close to completion! :-:

So why am I bothering anyone? Well, I really wanted to give back to the communities that helped me get started with travel. For now, the app is still being worked on and being tested. Only a handful of close friends know about its existence. Soon, it will be available for everyone (for free!) but I wanted to give an opportunity to a few members to access it now. I really don't expect or want anything in return and there's no catch.

So anyone with an iPhone device (sorry for now Android users) may PM me saying "I want it" and I will send you the download link. This is available for the first 15 people only. Once we're ready to support all of you beautiful people, I will let you know! ^

BIG UPDATE: We've gotten great feedback (thanks all those that were the test bunnies) and while trying to keep it a secret it has started to spread really fast. As far as we can tell it seems to be able to handle a good amount of users so I am pleased to announce that we are releasing it to the public!

You can now download the app for free on the app store! It's called ScoreTrip. You can read more about it on the app store or scoretrip.com. However here's the quick summary:

Let's face it, if you know where you want to go and what dates, there's a million apps out there that will help you find flights. This app is different.
Here's how it works. Type in your airport and with one click the app starts crawling millions of flights and then analyzes and scores each one based on how good the actual deal is. In just seconds you'll feast your eyes on ridiculous deals available right now! You don't need to know when or where you want to go.

Not only that, you can go further and add filters to narrow down the results. These personalized filters allow you to find your next spontaneous adventure even quicker. Hate the cold? Turn on the warmth filter. Want to go somewhere safe? Turn on the safety filter. Want to save some money while there? Turn on the cost of stay filter. You can also arrange these filters in order of importance. All these filters will effect the scores of your flights, meaning the top scoring flight is actually your perfect flight!

In 2 minutes, you can find an incredibly cheap flight to somewhere you've never would've been able to go otherwise. If you're open to adventures, I think you'll love the app.

UPDATE 2: The app started spreading so fast that we had to remove it from sale on the App Store. Typically, this would be a great thing, but our servers couldn't handle the load. We are working to fix this, so hopefully it's up soon! Sorry about the inconvenience.
is it back online yet? Sounds like a great app

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.