Find Flights Up to 80% OFF

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Find Flights Up to 80% OFF

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2016, 7:49 am
Original Poster

ScoreTrip is now back in store! We fixed our servers and they seem to be able to handle more users. We have taken quite a massive traffic hit in the first few days of the launch, but that's not a bad thing. Hopefully you find the app as useful as some of our first users!
Old Dec 2, 2016, 7:53 am

Trying to access the app and while in the search mode it suddenly closes the app. Is there some kind of issue???
Old Dec 2, 2016, 12:40 pm

Exclamation ScoreTrip

I just downloaded it cuz the reviews looked good and typed in my home airport (LAX) & it crashed. I tried another airport close by (SNA) & it crashed so I'm deleting it. Please let us know when you've worked out all the kinks.
Old Dec 10, 2016, 12:59 am

@snappyjones can you release the app on Android or open up a webapp?
Old Dec 27, 2016, 9:10 pm
Original Poster

@robertwcook16, @NikkiNikki - the app is a work in progress, but we fixed the issue that caused the crashes. Our servers were overwhelmed by the influx of new users and we had to update the back end and hosting several times.

@sagi_ - Perhaps in the future we will consider doing this.

We appreciate all of you using our free app! We hope to make travel more affordable for everyone.
Old Dec 28, 2016, 11:50 pm

There are a lot of sites/apps doing this right now, but I like the fact that you're providing context around the deal (i.e.. location safety, price per mile, etc.)
Old Dec 29, 2016, 9:50 am
Original Poster

@Swannifer Thank you, I'm glad it is useful to you! I think what sets our app apart from others is the sole focus on spontaneous travelers or just travelers who want a bit more flexibility. Not to mention the fact that you can easily find the perfect trip in less than 2 minutes without knowing exact travel dates or even destination!

To all those that want us to keep improving and offering this app for free: consider leaving us a review on the app store and also sending us some feedback to improve. It doesn't cost you anything and it really helps us improve and grow.

Remember, it costs a lot to provide tools like this for free and I have spent about a year of developing and planning this app and it's still a work in progress. Just a little support goes a long way! As of now, the app is free and free of ads and registration pages as well.
Old Dec 31, 2016, 10:36 am
Original Poster

A few updates:

-Our app is available globally for free! 4 continents are already using ScoreTrip to find dirt cheap flights every day.
-Within the next few weeks we will be rolling out a major update with some of the most requested features and some other new awesome tweaks! We will also take care of some of the current bugs

Download the app free via www.scoretrip.com

Thanks for the support and happy new year!
Old Dec 31, 2016, 3:21 pm

Programs: MR, TYP, AA, B6, DL, WN, HH, MB, 2V
Android!
Old Jan 31, 2017, 9:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by financialhippie
Android!
We have a ton of requests for Android, but as of this moment we don't have the resources to work on two platforms. We need support from our current users in iOS in order to roll out new updates and also work on an android version. Feedback, reviews, sharing, it all helps. If you use the app, consider doing any of those things.

We set out to make this tool to be free for everyone and to make more people's dream of traveling the world a reality. We are already receiving several e-mails a week thanking us because they were finally able to take that dream vacation, discover a new place or to visit their family overseas.

The app is on fire so far, but we need your help to get it in the hands of everyone. The more people use it, the more resources we'll have down the line to make this app even a better tool.
Old Jan 31, 2017, 11:13 am
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by snappyjones
We have a ton of requests for Android, but as of this moment we don't have the resources to work on two platforms.
With majority of using Android, what prompted you to develop iOS platform?

Just curious.
Old Feb 6, 2017, 6:33 am

Programs: Tegridy Elite
For those who have downloaded the app, have you used it all the way to the point of successfully purchasing a ticket?

If so, were you sold a bulk/consolidator fare?
Old Feb 28, 2017, 10:08 am

OP, I don't know if you're still checking this thread, but I've got a bug report and a suggestion:

1. Not really a bug so much as a typo. When looking at Flight Details, the word "Direct" has an extra R - "Dirrect".

2. Unless there's something I'm missing, the prices listed on the search results screen really should include taxes and fees. Those are shown on the next screen when you select a flight, so the app is obviously capable of pulling them. I've had many international flights that show up in the $500 range, but are closer to $1500 when you go to that next screen and see the taxes and fees. Obviously, this is frustrating and a waste of time.

I'm guessing the tax-less display may be useful for some who are going to try a trick or two, but the vast majority of your everyday users who download this app won't have any interest in/knowledge of those. Maybe provide an option to turn that on and off?

Originally Posted by EmailKid
With majority of using Android, what prompted you to develop iOS platform?

Just curious.
I had a pretty detailed response to this that seems to have disappeared. The short version is money. iOS apps make 4-5x as much (depending on whose numbers you use) per active device than Android.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 7:35 am

Programs: Former DL DM and UA 1k, now a J class free agent (UA Gold, AS MVP Gold)
Just tried this. The filtering seems very odd. When I tell it include the destination safety filter (more heavily weight safer destinations and lower the weight on unsafe destinations) and sort by score, Kinshasa, Brazzaville, and Freetown go way up the list as attractive destinations, and Auckland, Fukuoka, and Singapore all go way down as unattractive destinations. I think you'd have some difficulty finding many people who would claim that Congo, Democratic Republic of the Congo, and Sierra Leone are safer than New Zealand, Japan, and Singapore.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 9:11 am

Programs: MR, TYP, AA, B6, DL, WN, HH, MB, 2V
Originally Posted by SEA-Flyer
Just tried this. The filtering seems very odd. When I tell it include the destination safety filter (more heavily weight safer destinations and lower the weight on unsafe destinations) and sort by score, Kinshasa, Brazzaville, and Freetown go way up the list as attractive destinations, and Auckland, Fukuoka, and Singapore all go way down as unattractive destinations. I think you'd have some difficulty finding many people who would claim that Congo, Democratic Republic of the Congo, and Sierra Leone are safer than New Zealand, Japan, and Singapore.
Sounds like it's working backwards

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.