Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cheaper return than single tickets?

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2018, 2:59 pm
Original Poster

Cheaper return than single tickets?

Hi there! I am planning to travel London-Paris-Amsterdam-UK in a couple of months time. It turns out that a return Eurostar ticket between London and Paris is only slightly more expensive (£2 more) than a single ticket at my desired time. I decided to travel one-way on Eurostar because I already have transport arrangements to take me back to the UK from Amsterdam.

Scenario 1 (Eurostar return):
London-Paris-London - £58
Amsterdam-Paris (to catch return Eurostar journey) - £24
London-final UK destination - £22
ESTIMATED COST: £104

Scenario 2 (Eurostar single + airline back to UK):
London-Paris - £67
Amsterdam-Final UK Destination - £37

Scenario 3 (Eurostar 'return' + airline back to UK):
Eurostar 'return' ticket - £58 (including the leg I won't take)
ESTIMATED COST: £95

Here's my question: If I decide to take scenario 3, i.e. not to take the return Eurostar train, will it be a problem for me if I wish to make a future booking with them? A non-refundable ticket shouldn't be an issue given that the price differential between the one-way and return ticket is small.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 2:12 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by hybridace101
Hi there! I am planning to travel London-Paris-Amsterdam-UK in a couple of months time. It turns out that a return Eurostar ticket between London and Paris is only slightly more expensive (£2 more) than a single ticket at my desired time. I decided to travel one-way on Eurostar because I already have transport arrangements to take me back to the UK from Amsterdam.

Scenario 1 (Eurostar return):
London-Paris-London - £58
Amsterdam-Paris (to catch return Eurostar journey) - £24
London-final UK destination - £22

Scenario 2 (Eurostar single + airline back to UK):
London-Paris - £67

Scenario 3 (Eurostar 'return' + airline back to UK):
Eurostar 'return' ticket - £58 (including the leg I won't take)
ESTIMATED COST: £95

Here's my question: If I decide to take scenario 3, i.e. not to take the return Eurostar train, will it be a problem for me if I wish to make a future booking with them? A non-refundable ticket shouldn't be an issue given that the price differential between the one-way and return ticket is small.
Take option 3 and miss the return. There shouldn't be any problem with that at all. Sometimes but not always missing the outbound can void the inbound but if you miss the return unless I'm wrong you should be fine. Certainly no problem booking with them in the future.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.