Wiki Posts
Search

Best and worst BA F Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2009, 11:46 am
Original Poster

Best and worst BA F Lounge

Ok, so Bingbongboy is bored.

So I thought it would tax the mind of crew and seasoned travellers in contributing to nominations for the best and worst BA F Lounge worldwide.

I havent thought of mine in depth yet, but I do have a short list!
Old Sep 15, 2009, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
How would the crew know? we never get to see any of lounges
Old Sep 15, 2009, 12:07 pm

Programs: BAEC, SK *G, Hyatt GP Courtesy Card
for me, I think it is IAD (Unless my memory isnt on the same page as me).. been a year or so since I used it, but i seem to recall that the F lounge is a tiny tiny room basically without windows and only a handful of tables? it also got quite crowded and had poor offerings..

But, as I said, it might have been some other airport.
Old Sep 15, 2009, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There is a brand new lounge in IAD as we are now in a different terminal, I know that much
Old Sep 15, 2009, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by natkraft
IAD
Ah, the old CW lounge at IAD was beautiful too, particularly the gents. The door to the cubicle had a large gap perfectly aligned with the centre of the bowl. On rising the outside world would be able to see everything.
Old Sep 15, 2009, 1:08 pm

Programs: BAEC, SK *G, Hyatt GP Courtesy Card
Originally Posted by Can I help you
There is a brand new lounge in IAD as we are now in a different terminal, I know that much
Ah.. it wasnt brand new when I last saw it But Im glad theres something new there.. now if that airport would just get rid of those weird buses/whatever then I could probably even begin to use it again
Old Sep 15, 2009, 1:12 pm

Programs: Mucci (Chevalier de Sagesse), Betty Ford Alumnus, BA Gold, ScaryTeam Elite+
Best: easy. CCR.

Worst: bit tougher but my vote goes to NBO.
Old Sep 15, 2009, 1:16 pm

All of these observations apply equally to UA's F lounge there. What a dump! Must be an IAD thing...

And what is it with loo cubicles in the US? For such an often conservative society, it's strange that basic privacy is so compromised in lavatories.

Originally Posted by natkraft
for me, I think it is IAD (Unless my memory isnt on the same page as me).. been a year or so since I used it, but i seem to recall that the F lounge is a tiny tiny room basically without windows and only a handful of tables? it also got quite crowded and had poor offerings..

But, as I said, it might have been some other airport.
Originally Posted by Sixth Freedom
Ah, the old CW lounge at IAD was beautiful too, particularly the gents. The door to the cubicle had a large gap perfectly aligned with the centre of the bowl. On rising the outside world would be able to see everything.
Old Sep 15, 2009, 1:43 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott Platinum Prem (Life Plat), Hilton Diamond, A Club
Hi everyone,

this looks like a soft topic for my debut.....

T5 Galleries First is my favourite. San Francisco is cool, with the nose of a 747 pressed up against the window. LA, Chicago, Gatwick all fine.

Least favourite Newark, but that was probably more to do with the early hour of my flight....
Old Sep 15, 2009, 1:56 pm

Programs: Mucci (Chevalier de Sagesse), Betty Ford Alumnus, BA Gold, ScaryTeam Elite+
Originally Posted by UpperDeckDude
Hi everyone,

this looks like a soft topic for my debut.....

T5 Galleries First is my favourite. San Francisco is cool, with the nose of a 747 pressed up against the window. LA, Chicago, Gatwick all fine.

Least favourite Newark, but that was probably more to do with the early hour of my flight....
Welcome to FT, UpperDeckDude. Agree with you re the view of the stand from the lounge and the ease of boarding. Were we to exclude LHR from the list SFO would have my vote - civilised airport, civilised lounge, civilised flight as it's long enough to have a decent meal, drink oneself into oblivion and have a decent kip.
Old Sep 15, 2009, 2:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by Can I help you
How would the crew know? we never get to see any of lounges
I expect to be at LHR towards the end of January on an F outbound to MCT. Care to join me for an inspection tour?
Old Sep 15, 2009, 2:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

NBO by many many miles.
Old Sep 15, 2009, 2:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
I expect to be at LHR towards the end of January on an F outbound to MCT. Care to join me for an inspection tour?
Wish I could but we can only go airside when we are working, we have only 10 minutes to get from the report centre to the aircraft. But thanks for the offer. ^
Old Sep 15, 2009, 2:52 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Best:- QF F Lounge at SYD (Not a BA lounge, but the one you use if flying BA F from SYD)

Worst:- Cairo. (but then again I haven't tried NBO)
Old Sep 15, 2009, 2:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
I guess this is really a question for the very frequent F travellers and Golds, but bearing in mind that the only BA First Class lounges I've been in are listed below, I'd put them in this order from best to worst;

• LHR T5 Concorde Room
  • LHR T5 Galleries First
  • SIN T1 First lounge
  • JFK T7 First lounge

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.